Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV not switching to AV

• 19-06-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

My DVD player and Sky+ box are connected to the TV via 2 separate SCART leads. I can switch to each different input channel on the TV fine by pressing the AV button on the remote.

When I turn on the DVD player, the TV will automatically switch to the corresponding AV channel the DVD player is on. However, when I turn on the Sky+ box I have to manually select the AV channel using the TV's remote control (First World problems, I know :)) Is there a way I can change a setting or something so that when the Sky+ box is turned on the AV channel will automatically switch on the TV? I can't understand why it does it for the DVD player only. Thanks for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Check the Sky+ manual, it should be happening automatically as it is for the DVD player. You need to set 'SCART Control' to 'On'.

One thing you can do to eliminate the cable as the source - swap the two SCART cables around and see if the problem persists. If it does then you need to check the settings on the Sky+ box. If the problem moves with the cable i.e. the DVD player won't switch the TV to AV mode then someone has snipped pin 8 on that cable so it can't tell the TV to switch to that channel, just replace it with a new fully wired cable.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Also, ensure the Scart cable from your SKy+ is in the TV Scart socket, which is usually the bottom one (I'm assuming your Sky box is Sky+ and not Sky+HD).

Services button, then System Setup, somewhere in there (near sure it's the top option), is where you'll find Scart Control, which should be on, as mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

And Byte in for the win! That's sorted it. Thanks.
    byte wrote: »
    Also, ensure the Scart cable from your SKy+ is in the TV Scart socket, which is usually the bottom one (I'm assuming your Sky box is Sky+ and not Sky+HD).

Services button, then System Setup, somewhere in there (near sure it's the top option), is where you'll find Scart Control, which should be on, as mentioned above.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

kkelly77 wrote: »
    And Byte in for the win! That's sorted it. Thanks.
    Glad to help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Hello all, the issue below id related to this one so I posted it in the same thread......

"I was setting up a freesat system for some friends yesterday. They have an old TV with two scart lead inputs AV1 & AV2. They have a soar-view box which is connected to AV1 so I connected the freesat box to AV2. However, AV2 does not seem to work at all. The TV remote control is lost so I can't manually switch over between AV1 and AV2.
    When the soar-view box is connected to AV1 and I switch on the box then the TV automatically switches to soar-view on the AV1 channel. However, if I connect the soar-view box to AV2 and switch it on nothing happens. Does this mean that AV2 is not working? I forgot to check the model of the TV but it looks quite old. If I managed to locate a remote for the TV and I manually changed over to AV2 would it work? Thanks in advance"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Make/Model of the TV would be useful.

Ken

Advertisement