Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a kennel Dublin

• 19-06-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Raheny based in Dublin - recommend me a kennel!

Have a JRT, he's prone to making a break for it when he can even though he's treated like a king in our house so would favor a kennel where he is kept inside a walled or gated place at all times. Have used happy hounds in Meath as had great reviews and got on fine there, but they're full this time so need somewhere else, ideally closer to us than that. Also used a place on estuary in Malahide but didn't' really like the vibe off it at all.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

I use kennel out in Garristown, great guy, but that's probably a bit too far for you to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I use kennel out in Garristown, great guy, but that's probably a bit too far for you to go?

I second this ( so long as we're talking about Best Kennels :) )

My springer is there as we speak and I was really impressed with the set up when I dropped him off. They are total animal lovers and from what I saw it is 5 star accommodation.

I have seen the dogs in the kennels you mentioned in Estuary and to be honest there is nothing that could ever persuade me to leave any dog there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I second this ( so long as we're talking about Best Kennels :) )

My springer is there as we speak and I was really impressed with the set up when I dropped him off. They are total animal lovers and from what I saw it is 5 star accommodation.

I have seen the dogs in the kennels you mentioned in Estuary and to be honest there is nothing that could ever persuade me to leave any dog there.

Agree re The Estuary but no re Bests. Not the best would sum My experience up there : he is moody and unreliable & likely to cancel your booking if he is in a bad
    Mood in the day or if you ask or say something to put him off his stride. Bests RUINED my holiday to the US by suddenly " forgot to write your booking in the book" the night before I was due to fly out ; this was when I was checking my dog IN having already brought the certs up the day before for his approval: when I asked how many dogs would be in & what the dog to minder ratio was suddenly he lost the plot & had " forgotten " to record my booking- " go away". And this is re place that never let's people in or to make appointments to view the place: stay well away.

If you're in Raheny there is a place " all creatures great & small" : they have a fab little dog boutique & a grooming & dog walking service. They used to do boarding too ; the girl there is LOVELY ( can't remember her name offhand) : why not give them a try.

I use two places ; neither on your doorstep but both FAB & about an hour or so drive. One is the WillowCreekBoarding Kennels out near Garristown/oldtown ( about 20 mins straight drive from Swords Castle). They have fenced paddocks & runs & take great care of your pet.

The other is canineCountry Club out near the K Club : again about an hour 20 drive but fab. Great outdoor ( fenced) facilities especially for a hyper dog & Mick the owner is himself a pet!!!

Google should get both for you ; there are a lot of Willow Creeks in America so google it using Ireland or Dublin in the search also : save a few clicks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I use kennel out in Garristown, great guy, but that's probably a bit too far for you to go?[/

Agree re The Estuary but not re Bests. Not the best would sum My experience up there : the owner : he is moody and unreliable & likely to cancel your booking if he is in a bad
    Mood on the day or if you ask or say something to put him off his stride. Bests RUINED my holiday to the US by suddenly " forgot to write your booking in the book" the night before I was due to fly out ; this was when I was checking my dog IN having already brought the certs up the day before for his approval: when I asked how many dogs would be in & what the dog to minder ratio was suddenly he lost the plot & had " forgotten " to record my booking- " go away". And this is re place that practically never lets people in or to make appointments to view the place: stay well away.

If you're in Raheny there is a place " all creatures great & small" : they have a fab little dog boutique & a grooming & dog walking service. They used to do boarding too ; the girl there is LOVELY ( can't remember her name offhand) : why not give them a try.

I use two places ; neither on your doorstep but both FAB & about an hour or so drive. One is the WillowCreekBoarding Kennels out near Garristown/oldtown ( about 20 mins straight drive from Swords Castle). They have fenced paddocks & runs & take great care of your pet.

The other is canineCountry Club out near the K Club : again about an hour 20 drive but fab. Great outdoor ( fenced) facilities especially for a hyper dog & Mick the owner is himself a pet!!!

Google should get both for you ; there are a lot of Willow Creeks in America so google it using Ireland or Dublin in the search also : save a few clicks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Agree re The Estuary but not re Bests. Not the best would sum My experience up there : the owner : he is moody and unreliable & likely to cancel your booking if he is in a bad
    Mood on the day or if you ask or say something to put him off his stride. Bests RUINED my holiday to the US by suddenly " forgot to write your booking in the book" the night before I was due to fly out ; this was when I was checking my dog IN having already brought the certs up the day before for his approval: when I asked how many dogs would be in & what the dog to minder ratio was suddenly he lost the plot & had " forgotten " to record my booking- " go away". And this is re place that practically never lets people in or to make appointments to view the place: stay well away.

Booked him in to Willow Creek, thanks for the recommendation! The main thing we worry about it that he's a bit of an escapist so worried he might try to run but if he's fenced in the whole time thats perfect!

Thanks for all the replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement