Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 week 12 results

Options
  • 19-06-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders-Bengals was the big game this week, and here's how it went:

Quarter 1:
    The Raiders received the ball in the first quarter, but went 3 and out, and were lucky not to give up the ball after a Matt Hill fumble. The Bengals fumbled the punt (old man Willie Allen forcing the fumble) but there was no raider there to pick it up so they recovered. They reached midfield but had to punt and the Raiders could again do nothing.

Quarter 2:

A long drive ended up with a 31 yard FG for the Bengals to put them up 3-0. Then the Raiders had to punt and the Bengals went on another long drive, however it ended in disaster just before the half as Lawrence Timmons smashed the ball from the hands of Best (I think) and Da'Quan Bowers made a textbook scoop and started to run, however Cam Newton chased him down. One passing play to Greg Olsen later and the Raiders were in FG range with 8 seconds left. One endzone shot was called by the coach and Johnny Knox's footwork was just barely not good enough to keep him in the endzone for the score. Gano kicked the FG to send us to halftime at 3-3.

Quarter 3:
    The Bengals received and couldn't do much. Eventually around halfway through the quarter the Raiders got the ball. They drove to midfield and faced a crucial third down. Matt Hill's receivers were all covered, but they were all downfield as well as the defenders, leaving a hole so huge that despite his 45 speed he ran for 21 yards. A couple of plays later Louis Murphy proved his worth to the Raiders by catching a 32 yard TD pass over the top. 10-3 Raiders.

On the ensuing kickoff Lights out Merriman forced a fumble which was recovered by McCain. Matt Hill fumbled, but no worries as the ball bounced back to the Raiders. Then Matt Hill threw a stupid pass to Olsen in triple coverage, but the DB hadn't the presence of mind to try and catch the ball and batted it down. The Raiders settled for a FG to put them up 13-3.

It went from bad to worse for the Bengals as Newton threw an interception to old man Willie Allen who skillfully returned it to the 6. Bell took it in 3 yards on a toss play a couple of plays later. 20-3 Raiders at the end of the third.

Quarter 4
    :
    Cam Newton showed off his arm strength with a ball that must have been thrown 60 yards to Antonio Gates in at least double coverage on 3rd and 25 from his 6, but it was caught. However on the next play he showed off his accuracy with an interception to William Moore.

The Raiders played some clock, the Bengals got another successful long bomb, Michael Turner scored a consolation TD and that was it. 20-10 to the Raiders.

MVP was Will Allen for his forced fumble and interception. I wish I could give the whole defense MVP as they really stepped up today. Matt Hill only got the ball off 8 times, 4 completed, 1 intercepted, for 114 yards and a score. DeAngelo Bell's YPC took a big hit with a 25 carry 103 yard and a TD performance. Haynes bagged 2 sacks and Peters one sack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Beat the CPU Colts 28-3. The Colts fumble the opening kick off and the bills score on the recover. 7-0 . From there my D took over, even the cpu rivers started to give the ball to mcfadden on runs in the fourth quarter.

Poor old cutler had receivers drop some easy catches on him and on a long bomb the colts made a great play for an interception.

3 more cpu games and I'm heading to the New York !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Good write-up Matthew, pity no mic so we couldn't chat during the game. Sorry for the abuse you heard me shouting at my players, kinda forget that other person can hear even when not mic'd up.
    Just didn't do enough to win this, of the 5 fumbles that hit the ground (CIN 3, OAK 2), the Raiders recovered 4 of them. Put me in a hole in the 3rd quarter and that made me force the issue, which is never good for Cam Newton.

Good luck with the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

You should run more with Cam. A couple runs and you get a spy, which makes it effectively 11 vs. 10 in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Bears V Seahawks

Poor start from Seahawks, threw interception after 2 or 3 plays giving Bears ball on 26yd line & the opening score shortly after.

Seahawks got themselves moving on their second drive but held to a FG from the 49yd line.
    Bears held to 3 and Out on next drive and seahawks decide to fumble on punt return - very lucky to hang onto ball on own 11yd line.
    Do nothing with it of course and held to 3 and Out .

Bears drive it up field and manage to score FG from 44yds out.

Seahawks give ball to Hillis for few plays and charge up field to score their first TD and level the game 10 -10
    This is followed by a series of 3 and Outs from both teams until Seahawks power back upfield and edge into lead at the close of 1st half with nice 1yd fun from Reece making it 10 -17 at half time.

Bears answer this with a TD on opening drive of 2nd half leveling things up again.
    Seahawks go 3 and Out and give ball back to Bears only to see them score again putting them up 24 - 17

Fourth Quarter a real nail biter. Seahawks decide dont want ball and throw interception.
    Bears drive it all way to 1yd line before Seahawks defense in gear and push them back to force a FG from 26yds out. 27 -17 to Bears.

Seahawks immediately throw another interception - but defense gets organized better and forces another FG attempt - which Bears missed.

Seahawks offense finally takes charge and Stafford makes a beautiful 51yd pass to Cooley for a TD bringing them back within 3 points @ 27 - 24 with 2:43 to go

Bears get ball back and throw an interception with less than 2mins to go.

Seahawks charge back down field and Hillis runs in again for a TD with 0:58 to go.

Bears get ball and start working it up field as fast as they can - but disaster strikes and Seahawks manage to get another interception as the clock ticks down. Stafford just knees it to end game.

Final Score - Bears 27 - Seahawks 31

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

NekoChan wrote: »
    Bears V Seahawks

Final Score - Bears 27 - Seahawks 31

[/B]

My chance to go clear at the top. :) Paddy has been playing some great stuff lately, not just in this franchise. Very good win!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Does that put the Bears only one ahead of the Pack? If I win out I could win the division!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Well done Seahawks. I've never come close to beating the Bears. Great Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Some great reports people ! Its been awhile since we've had such good ones. Expect "Hard nosed in Seattle" soon! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Gracie Curved Orate

Il be back for next week against the bucs so if you see this dnt play our game as I may not be back till the 2nd day of game week
    Also does anyone know if I beat the browns last week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The grudge match turned out to be a very poor game.

Titans at lions started with the titans reviving punting, lions punting, titans miss 2 fg attempts then get one. Lions score a fg with about 30 seconds left.

Myself and Raoul both saying I should play safe.. But with a few seconds left MJD fumbles about the 50 yard line and the lions recover with 1 second left. Titans go to 3 prevent but a long bomb goes into a mass of abUt 8 players and a lions Wr has managed to catch and hold the ball.

3-10 lions at half time, lions to receive.

Lions punt, titans get a td to even it up, then the lions throw a Pick 6 to make it 14-10 titans.

Lions get a td, titans move downfield but yet another attempt drops short. Raoul gets a fg iirc
    Titans throw a pick 6 and it ends 27-17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

The grudge match turned out to be a very poor game.

It ends 27-17

Truly awful game. Really thought when you went ahead that you would win it but my defence was quite good and I was too cautious on offence really.

Good luck with the rest of the season. A couple more wins and I have sealed my wildcard position at least.

Well, looks like I'm closing in on that second seed. Up 2 on the nearest competitor with the tiebreak, and up 2 on the Chargers with tiebreak, and next week I have a CPU game and the Chargers should lose to the Chiefs to put me up 3 with 4 to play.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

matthew8 wrote: »
    Well, looks like I'm closing in on that second seed. Up 2 on the nearest competitor with the tiebreak, and up 2 on the Chargers with tiebreak, and next week I have a CPU game and the Chargers should lose to the Chiefs to put me up 3 with 4 to play.

I would say you are looking very good for it now Matthew, you've had a really good season.
    If only Lm was working we could see the stats, but at this point Bills defintely and Chargers most likely will get the play off spots. I think Pudsy is too far back to make it.

This will mean Titans/Bengals will be fighting it out for 3rd/4th seed and with the Bills/Chargers waiting neither will look forward to that tbh

Looks like you overdid it against the Chargers with the new rules ibmax, but it should be forgiven, seeing as you kicked 7 field goals in the redzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Looks like you overdid it against the Chargers with the new rules ibmax, but it should be forgiven, seeing as you kicked 7 field goals in the redzone.
    So i lost? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Would you mind telling me if i beat the panthers last week? What's my record now that I've missed games?

Lukebray wrote: »
    So i lost? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Would you mind telling me if i beat the panthers last week? What's my record now that I've missed games?

The Panthers beat you too. You're 8-3, and I'm 10-1. Likely 8-4 after your game with the Chiefs, while I have the Broncos to move me to 11-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

The Panthers beat you too. You're 8-3, and I'm 10-1. Likely 8-4 after your game with the Chiefs, while I have the Broncos to move me to 11-1.

Sure I was on 9 wins when I left and apparently I beat the saints so not sure how I could be on 8 lol. If anything it's 10-3?

Lukebray wrote: »
    Sure I was on 9 wins when I left and apparently I beat the saints so not sure how I could be on 8 lol. If anything it's 10-3?

You weren't on 9 when you left.

Advertisement