Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs In sligo

Options
  • 19-06-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I'm currently off college for the summer and I am looking for part time work in the Sligo Area.

I'm studying Business Information Systems so have a good understanding of computers.

I also am very mechical and have a good personality.

Any body have an idea where to look?
    I'm open to anything?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

unfortunately jobs are extremely scarce in sligo, it's been hit really hard by the recession, and summer jobs are even harder to get. if someone knows of a job going they are not likely to post it here as they probably have a family member/spouse/close friend who is desperate for work. a lot of people here who do get jobs seem to get them from personal connections but the official job postings would be in the sligo champion and jobs websites like FAS, etc. also, check the websites of the specific company, if they are fairly big they usually have a link where you can apply or a page about any vacancies.

do you have experience pulling pints or waiting tables? because that's a lot more realistic if you want something part time for the summer than anything in business/mechanical, etc. the hotels would be your best bet imo, they get very busy in the summer.

sorry i can't be of more help or have more optimistic info, just seems to be quite dreadful here for jobseekers at the moment.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Yeah hate to say it but sligoface has hit everything on the head there :(

Not to add to the woe, but you're actually looking far too late for a summer job; the few (if any) positions available would have been secured long before term finished.

My only advice is to carpet the town with CVs and hope something sticks.

Best of luck to ya OP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Literally throw in cv's everywhere, no harm in doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Donaghys are looking for a Part-Time Barperson at the moment according to my Book of Faces.

Free pints for me if you get the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Classic India looking for a head waiter/waitress, full time

• Advertisement
Advertisement