Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer of Arcade 2012

Options
  • 19-06-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

So who's getting what?

Date|Title|Price (MS Points)
    July 18|Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD|1200
    July 25|Wreckateer|800
    August 1|Deadlight|1200
    August 8|Hybrid|1200
    August 15|Dust: An Elysian Tail|1200

You get 400 points back if you buy 3 of them.

Loved Tony Hawk years and years ago, so I'll probably get that, and Deadlight looks great too (any game that looks like it is inspired by Prince of Persia, Flashback, Shadow Complex and bits of Limbo is smack bang in the middle of my radar). Let's hope its a great game and a decent length.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Deadlight and THPS for sure. Just hook them into my veins!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cynical though the title may be ('twas only a matter of time before they appealed to its original audience in a desperate attempt to make it relevant again), THPS is a definite.

Others, not sure yet. Wreckateers a no, anyway (there always has to be a dud to make that refund pointless). Dust could be interesting, although looks very similar to Muramasa. Hybrid, who knows. Maybe, even if the art style isn't wholly convincing, though the mechanics could be. And Deadlight? On the plus side, it looks like an unusual take on the 2D platformer. On the minus side, zombies. More frickin' zombies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Playing TH :American Wasteland at the moment.... the last great acceptable TH game and now I can't wait for this one :)

Deadlight looks good but looking at the trailer just makes me want to go play shadow complex again - great game despite a few annoying bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

THPS definitely anyway and them more I look at Deadlight the more I love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Others, not sure yet. Wreckateers a no, anyway (there always has to be a dud to make that refund pointless)

Just to point out, you only need to purchase 3 of the 5 for the refund.

Definitely THPS myself, seen nothing on the rest so will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Nothing in the Summer of Arcade this year for me it seems.

Where did all the fun little XBLA puzzlers and board games go? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

I'm still waiting for Counter Strike GO on XBLA

Advertisement