Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have any friends who are gay but don't know it?

• 19-06-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

Have you got any friends who are gay but don't know it or won't admit it to themselves? I have two. I'm not saying that they would ever 'come out' to themselves or anyone else or ever want to have a sexual encounter with another man, but it's so obvious. One was 48 before he slept with a woman because he wasn't really interested! :eek: The other is only early thirties and has just got married. I'm not saying he is Alan Carr, but there are similarities.
    Do you know anyone like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

One was 48 before he slept with a woman because he wasn't really interested! :eek:

That doesn't mean they are gay

You've just labelled every bachelor farmer in the country as gay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

you're clearly gay

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Have you got any friends who are gay but don't know it or won't admit it to themselves? I have two. I'm not saying that they would ever 'come out' to themselves or anyone else or ever want to have a sexual encounter with another man, but it's so obvious. One was 48 before he slept with a woman because he wasn't really interested! :eek: The other is only early thirties and has just got married. I'm not saying he is Alan Carr, but there are similarities.

The tell-tale sign of a flaming homosexual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

He may have other reasons for that, you can't just assume he's gay. About the other guy, I won't make comment because you're judgement may not exactly be up to scratch given the first example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That doesn't mean they are gay

You've just labelled every bachelor farmer in the country as gay :rolleyes:
    and us non sexuals and asexuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

You cant just decide your friends are gay?!! :confused:

Stop projecting;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Yes - me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I have a friend from school and he is always calling people a fagg0t and everyone is gay to him. I'm talking every 5 seconds he's call someone a gimp.
    You wouldn't tell it on him really but some of the sh/t he does stamps it on him.
    Eventhough he dresses like knacker and is 6'4, he's is always admiring guys rings or earrings and he even borrows his sisters jewellery.
    Ffs I'm gay I don't do sh/t like that!

He's in denial big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I've had one or two people accuse me of being gay because I tend to avoid relationships. I've had five different gay lads hit on me since January and I do get interest from girls too, but gay guys tend to just go for it. Got to admire the lads!
    I'm straight as it happens though. I like my lifestyle and my freedom. If I have the odd bit of a romp I'm fairly happy and I'm not the sort of sop that needs to lean on people. I can be fairly critical and get a bit bored sometimes too. And I'm just a tad self destructive.
    The point is, I have my fun and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

The old farmer types are too smelly/dopey/mean to get women.

aren't non sexuals people who are not accepting of their desires, or too painfully shy to talk to someone? (apart from people under the autism/asperger spectrum like the Sheldon character in Big Bang Theory)

• Advertisement

Shryke wrote: »
    I've had one or two people accuse me of being gay because I tend to avoid relationships. I've had five different gay lads hit on me since January and I do get interest from girls too, but gay guys tend to just go for it. Got to admire the lads!
    I'm straight as it happens though. I like my lifestyle and my freedom. If I have the odd bit of a romp I'm fairly happy and I'm not the sort of sop that needs to lean on people. I can be fairly critical and get a bit bored sometimes too. And I'm just a tad self destructive.
    The point is, I have my fun and that's all that matters.

Take it as a real compliment. Gay guys are picky;)

Edit, i know it sounds like it but I'm not coming on to you! I swears! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

This thread is gay but doesn't know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Thrill wrote: »
    This thread is gay but doesn't know it.
    It's just bi curious perhaps.

95% of my friends are gay and don't realise it. They're so gay they think they're butch lesbians actually I'd say.

The old farmer types are too smelly/dopey/mean to get women.

Yep, they should have lived in the flats
    Pregnant and active by 16 and on welfare the rest of their lives

But sure lets laugh at farmers instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Michael FitzPatrick and Patrick FitzMichael?:confused:

i'm elmo and i know it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Michael FitzPatrick and Patrick FitzMichael?:confused:

Ben Dover and Phil MacAvitity?

*Reggae voice*

Mr BOOMBASTIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I wouldn't speculate on friends, but you know the kinda people who are always giving out about gay people? That just screams closet case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Eh what? The average age to get marriage is like late twenties, early thirties - it's definitely not unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

1ZRed wrote: »
    I have a friend from school and he is always calling people a fagg0t and everyone is gay to him. I'm talking every 5 seconds he's call someone a gimp.
    You wouldn't tell it on him really but some of the sh/t he does stamps it on him.
    Eventhough he dresses like knacker and is 6'4, he's is always admiring guys rings or earrings and he even borrows his sisters jewellery.

He's in denial big time.

He mightn't be gay. Maybe he's transgender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Take it as a real compliment. Gay guys are picky;)

Edit, i know it sounds like it but I'm not coming on to you! I swears! :p

really, picky... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I do boyo I do, I actually brought it up last week,, I said to him, do you know your very gayish, he just turned and looked at me with that big eyes mouth open expression and said,

I'm a lady you know, we never spoke of it again, I did think to meself a while later, fook Tom you would look good with a daycent set of baps.

I have a friend from school and he is always calling people a fagg0te

Even though he dresses like knacker

You are fond of labels too ;)

efb wrote: »
    really, picky... :confused:

I know I am anyway. But then again, I don't waste time with straight guys....any more:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

He's in denial big time.

Loads of guys wear jewellery, other than that and being homophobic is there other stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

First of all -_- *shifty eyes to all the 'gay' attempts and funny/sarcastic answers to this thread.

Secondly YES.
    A guy I was at uni with - Dressed impeccably - Loved Cheryl Cole and Lady Gaga - You know - enoughh to learn all the dance routines to every one of their songs by heart. He wore concelar on his spots - and was pretttyyyyy camp. Think he wore fake tan too.

Totally NO idea he's so blatantly gay. as far as i know he still doesnt.

Yes , i know one.
    Loves watching X Factor & Britains got talent.
    Especially if it's a young lad with his top off or what have you, loves saying "look at this lad"
    :pac:
    I always hear "look at his lad"

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

i have a few friends who are phaggots,i think they know it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 teemm

I was a bit like that, everyone 'knew' I was gay once they got to know me. In fact I was bi and knew it but I thought I was covering it up great. In any case I was mostly interested in girls anyway with some exceptions. Somehow though they were never interested in me.

It's only much later that it dawned on me that my cover wasn't very good. Only a few times did anyone ask me straight out was I gay. Mostly women work it out. Although a gay guy in work did try to chat me up. I completely missed the signals and just thought he was being friendly. If he'd been a bit more obvious he might have succeeded.

The funny thing is that I was always scared of telling anyone and coming out. But actually most people thought I was gay anyway. So it wouldn't have made any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

There are plenty of men who are as camp as christmas and straight. There are plenty who are extremely masculine and gay. Not all gay ppl conform to the fabulous queen or vain bodybuilder stereo types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Yes I do. You. :cool:

Balmed Out wrote: »
    There are plenty of men who are as camp as christmas and straight. There are plenty who are extremely masculine and gay. Not all gay ppl conform to the fabulous queen or vain bodybuilder stereo types.

Nice, an expert on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Links234 wrote: »
    I wouldn't speculate on friends, but you know the kinda people who are always giving out about gay people? That just screams closet case.

Countdown to the next conservative politician being caught with a rentboy... :pac:

Advertisement