Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad wont sync over WiFi

• 19-06-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

I've plugged my iPad into my Mac (OSX 10.6.8) using the latest iTunes and checked the box "sync iPad over wifi" in the summary tab. I remove my iPad and plug it into an electrical outlet and when i go into my iPad into the "iTunes-Wifi sync" the button to tap on is gray and says "sync will resume when (computer name) is available". The iPad is connceted to the same internet connection as the Mac. It's a new iPad running 5.1.1.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

You have to have it plugged in via USB the 1st time you synch it with the synch wireless switched on (in itunes and on the device) Then it will synch wireless

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

You have to have it plugged in via USB the 1st time you synch it with the synch wireless switched on (in itunes and on the device) Then it will synch wireless

I've already done that and it still doesn't sync over wifi only syncs when I plug it in manually.

I've already done that and it still doesn't sync over wifi only syncs when I plug it in manually.

Bump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's probably a firewall or some other security on your router that is preventing the iPad from seeing iTunes.

• Advertisement

There's probably a firewall or some other security on your router that is preventing the iPad from seeing iTunes.

Using an Eircom Zyxel router, anywhere I could see where it's blocking it?

Advertisement