Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was in beefit in ballysimon and it was busy enough so only busier now.

I know that when my membership was coming up they were sending lots of emails and there was better deals in the city one so they must have been trying to push it.

I'm now in The Strand gym and it's very small compared to beefit but its air conditioned. Beefit used to get awful hot in the summer. I only use certain machines so fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Chazmundus wrote: »
    Got sad news via email yesterday evening.icon8.png Beefit in City Centre is closing. All members have the choice of moving to their other gym. Anyone know if good?
    Some great staff in the City Centre gym.

Curious?
    I use this gym early mornings and I haven't heard anything about closure, and there's nothing on the site..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

moby2101 wrote: »
    Curious?
    I use this gym early mornings and I haven't heard anything about closure, and there's nothing on the site..

Heard from a mate today they are closed alright. I don't know where he got the info from.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Chazmundus

Unfortunately it's true. Plan is that last day for Beefit City Centre to open is end of month.
    Beefit Delta is staying open.

If you look to join on their site, you will see City option is gone:
    https://www.beefitgyms.com/join-now/step-1/

Anyone use the Southcourt Gym? Is it ok for intermediates like me? I'm not a newbie but not so strong either.

The Dooradoyle Centre seems too expensive.

Unfortunately it's true. Plan is that last day for Beefit City Centre to open is end of month.

Anyone use the Southcourt Gym? Is it ok for intermediates like me? I'm not a newbie but not so strong either.

That's a shame, nice sized gym that appeared to be going well.

South Court is TINY.. very limited cardio equipment but there's a good selection of free weights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Username99 wrote: »
    Is the Body Building (new gym in Raheen) open yet?

Rumour has it that it will be open by next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

You might not be allowed into the South Court gym.
    There may be a list of tests you have to pass like touching your nose and saying the alphabet backwards

Fear not good people of Beefit City Gym, there's a very good chance that it is going to be taken over immediately and remain open..if I hear anything more concrete I'll post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I would hope so, there is a good selection of gyms in the outskirts but the city centre could do with some more in my opinion.

It's true. Plan is a new owner will take over the city centre gym

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It's true. Plan is a new owner will take over the city centre gym

Just heard today, are they giving back refunds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Did The Bodybuilding gym ever open in the Raheen Industrial Estate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Parchment wrote: »
    Did The Bodybuilding gym ever open in the Raheen Industrial Estate?

Soon Blue says on FB.

Body Building gym has been saying for ages open mid January. But no sign. And not answering anyone who asks for update on opening date. Anyone know what the story is?

Body Building gym has been saying for ages open mid January. But no sign. And not answering anyone who asks for update on opening date. Anyone know what the story is?

I work in the industrial estate but cant really figure out where it is -is it behind the Ambassador/Shredding company building?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I work in the industrial estate but cant really figure out where it is -is it behind the Ambassador/Shredding company building?

Yeah it's the big building in behind Ambassador.

It's nearly finished and is due to open shortly. They had delays getting certain stuff over the Christmas with the bad weather etc.

By the way, Blue will be working out if there doing classes but doesn't own or have any involvement in the running.

I think it will be a great facility!

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Yeah it's the big building in behind Ambassador.

It's nearly finished and is due to open shortly. They had delays getting certain stuff over the Christmas with the bad weather etc.

By the way, Blue will be working out if there doing classes but doesn't own or have any involvement in the running.

I think it will be a great facility!

I will be really interested in seeing what facilities they will have as the location is perfect for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Could anyone tell me where they are getting the updates on the opening date?

I have been checking the Facebook page religiously over the last month or two but the owners seem to have stopped all contact with the public through the Facebook page as of late.

Username99 wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me where they are getting the updates on the opening date?

I have been checking the Facebook page religiously over the last month or two but the owners seem to have stopped all contact with the public through the Facebook page as of late.

Tours will be starting Monday with a view to being fully open the following Monday.

Check out some pics and an update on the page now :)

Plenty of benches, loads of dumbell, power racks, proper bars and platforms. Looks good to me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

I have to say from the few pictures I have seen it looks like a top class gym. Fair play to the owners

• Advertisement

Tours will be starting Monday with a view to being fully open the following Monday.

Check out some pics and an update on the page now :)

Plenty of benches, loads of dumbell, power racks, proper bars and platforms. Looks good to me! ;)

Are some cardio machines/treadmills going to feature? you seem to have the inside line...!

Are some cardio machines/treadmills going to feature? you seem to have the inside line...!

25 machines being delivered tomorrow - cardio included in that I imagine. There will be a range of classes too, dedicated studio upstairs!

Body Building Raheen update on FB. Tours next Monday. Opening the following Monday

Tours started today - the place is looking great and great gear too. Definitely a game changer for the gym scene in Limerick

Signed up for a year for €300; offer for the first 100 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Tours started today - the place is looking great and great gear too. Definitely a game changer for the gym scene in Limerick

Signed up for a year for €300; offer for the first 100 people.
    Game changer me hole!
    Plenty of stacked dudes in Limerick with our so called poor gym scene already!
    People get to caught up on the "right equipment" all you need is a rack, bench, a bar and weights its not rocket science!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Game changer me hole!
    People get to caught up on the "right equipment" all you need is a rack, bench, a bar and weights its not rocket science!

That's all you need yeah but it's nice to have a proper quality gym ran by people in the know rather than people who really don't care about there members.

I know Blues not running this place but when he had his own gym in Eastway it was really nice to be greeted like he actually cared about you coming to train there. He asked me loads about myself, my background etc.. And I'm sure the lads in the bodybuilding are the same type.

Ronan best of luck with the new gym, do let us know how you find training out there!

Game changer me hole!

I agree - but it is nice to go to a gym thats made by gym go-ers for gym go-ers rather than one that is a hotel leisure club type set up.

I am looking forward to seeing this gym - but i do agree. Equipment is equipment but it does sweeten the deal when you like going to the gym for the atmosphere.

Game changer me hole!

I have no idea what "stacked" is so I'm going to assume it means well built. I'm not talking about the size or shape of people produced, as you mentioned theres plenty of big lads about and the LPC still clocking up all the golds they can carry. I'm talking about game changer in terms of set up and atmosphere.

The majority of existing gyms in Limerick aren't conducive to heavy training but this spot allows should be good for all types to run smoothly side by side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Game changer me hole!

This quite frankly is complete bollocks. Having an atmosphere conducive to training is worth the gym membership alone.

I'm currently in planet health and I'm regularly surrounded by people on their phones, the music so low I can't zone out when I'm really pushing myself. I was once benching and three women were nattering about complete ****e standing still on thread mills behind me.

When I was in blues place the music was loud, everyone was hard at work, it was like mass for gym goers it was brilliant. I gained so much in so little time there. Once it closed I have struggled to regain this form in Planet health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ill be honest but im just fed up of all the moaning about the lack of quality gyms in limerick!
    Its great to see a quality set up like the one in raheen but at the end of the day the basics of lifting remain the same!
    And yes I agree there are too many clowns in too many gyms but you just block it out!
    You can be guaranteed you will get clowns joining this new venture also!
    Best of luck to them but its not a game changer unless they have some new never before seen piece of equipment that is going to revolutionise the world of resistance training forever!

Advertisement