Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Ill be honest but im just fed up of all the moaning about the lack of quality gyms in limerick!
    Its great to see a quality set up like the one in raheen but at the end of the day the basics of lifting remain the same!
    And yes I agree there are too many clowns in too many gyms but you just block it out!
    You can be guaranteed you will get clowns joining this new venture also!
    Best of luck to them but its not a game changer unless they have some new never before seen piece of equipment that is going to revolutionise the world of resistance training forever!

Again, I didn't say it was going to change training methods or outputs. I meant in terms of standards of gyms & facilities. Your clinging to a statement that you misinterpreted in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Im a member in The Strand gym and its just insanity at the moment at 5.30, its far too small for all the people turning up at that time. I know the gym cant anticipate who will come when but its so crowded in there at the moment....not good for a good workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Parchment wrote: »
    Im a member in The Strand gym and its just insanity at the moment at 5.30, its far too small for all the people turning up at that time. I know the gym cant anticipate who will come when but its so crowded in there at the moment....not good for a good workout.

I'm a member of Beefit and it's fairly packed around that time too, although it is a lot bigger. I've gone a few mornings before work but not the easiest to do.

I'd say give it another week or two and a lot of the New Years resolutionists will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Chazmundus

The new Body Building gym in Raheen is opening next Monday. Huge space and all new good equipment. Remains to be seen how busy it will be. But at least if lots of people at one time, everyone will be ok and not on top of each other.

I've joined for a year.

MilfordBud wrote: »
    I'm a member of Beefit and it's fairly packed around that time too, although it is a lot bigger. I've gone a few mornings before work but not the easiest to do.

I'd say give it another week or two and a lot of the New Years resolutionists will be gone.

Which Beefit? If City Centre, will miss it. Busy at that time but was rare I could not do full routine. (would happen sometimes that folks would be doing 12 sets of Lat Pull down and stuff like that)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Come in in the morning at 6,30 its quiet enough and myself and the lads who are in there are always able to get our sessions done no problem normally only 4 max doing weights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Give the strand 3 or 4 more weeks and it'll be quiet again at 5.30, it's been the same every year

Come in in the morning at 6,30 its quiet enough and myself and the lads who are in there are always able to get our sessions done no problem normally only 4 max doing weights

I have another training session in the morning.....so unfortunately i cant get in for my gym session in the morning.

I was there tonight at about 5.10 and there were tumbleweeds around the place. I think the Jan crowd are sticking to their resolutions Monday-Wednesday only!

Thanks for the advice. I do love to work out in the AM but its just not do-able at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

400 for the year is a bit much isnt it? They dont even have a pool for that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Mc Love wrote: »
    400 for the year is a bit much isnt it? They dont even have a pool for that price!

It looks state of the art though with lots of space. Some gyms want that much and are small cramped places with poor equipment. I found the last time I was in the gym I signed up so I had the pool but didn't actually use it once.

I think I'll give this place a go. See what feedback it gets first.

• Advertisement

Just back from first session at the Body Building. Great brand new dumb bells and machines. Everything I used worked fine. No hot water for showers yet was only issue. Staff helpful and knowledgeable.

So many benches even with a few folks around, no danger of queues. Have 2 sets of many weights which helps too.

Highly recommend.

Chazmundus wrote: »
    Just back from first session at the Body Building. Great brand new dumb bells and machines. Everything I used worked fine. No hot water for showers yet was only issue. Staff helpful and knowledgeable.

So many benches even with a few folks around, no danger of queues. Have 2 sets of many weights which helps too.

Highly recommend.

Was in there myself, left about 7ish, great spot!.I was the bearded chap who looked like he was about to puke everywhere! First day of GVT

GVT? I was in "tough as texas" t-shirt.

GVT? I was in "tough as texas" t-shirt.

German Volume Training. Basically it would have looked like me and my mate were hogging the incline bench for ten sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone have a contact number for the new gym out in raheen ind est?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

zweton wrote: »
    anyone have a contact number for the new gym out in raheen ind est?

Drop them a message on Facebook. They actually do reply. https://www.facebook.com/TheBodyBuildingLimerick

EDIT: 087-2900570

After a week of training in the new Body Building, Raheen, finding it superb. Helpful staff. Great equipment and more planned.

Any further reviews on The Body Building?

From the pictures i have seen it looks like quite a big building....is it very cold? Nothing worse than a cold gym. Obviously a very hot one is bad too but there is nothing like a cold gym to kill a workout.

Any further reviews on The Body Building?

From the pictures i have seen it looks like quite a big building....is it very cold? Nothing worse than a cold gym. Obviously a very hot one is bad too but there is nothing like a cold gym to kill a workout.

They have two massive heaters on the roof running the length of the gym so they take care of the job nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

Looks very impressive from the pictures on facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Will be signing up to this in the summer, and lay in to the punch bags!!

New custom leg press /hack squat arrived yesterday in Body Building Raheen. Leg Press "only" goes up to 205KG, so welcome addition. Getting busy but so big never feels crowded. Highly recommend once again

New custom leg press /hack squat arrived yesterday in Body Building Raheen. Leg Press "only" goes up to 205KG, so welcome addition. Getting busy but so big never feels crowded. Highly recommend once again

Is it 400 for the year?

You can ask them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBodyBuildingLimerick

Anyone know cheap sights for supplements? Whey etc.
    No special deals in Crescent etc at the moment

Anyone know cheap sights for supplements? Whey etc.
    No special deals in Crescent etc at the moment

Bulkpowders, when you say crescent do you mean Holland and Barrett or the natures hand, if you want I can pm you on a referral code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Myprotein.ie or discountsupplements.ie

Referral code? is that a discount? It's the shop near the ice cream place in Cresent.

Referral code? is that a discount? It's the shop near the ice cream place in Cresent.

Think it's a five off first order

• Advertisement

Discountsupplements.ie all the way. Brilliant service

Advertisement