Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in limerick

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Kings gym maybe? never used it myself but I think it's the only gym in or near town. The strand isn't far either, quick walk over Sarsfield bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Jofspring wrote: »
    The strand isn't far either, quick walk over Sarsfield bridge.

The Strand is hotel residents and members only though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Is the Castletroy Park Hotel gym good? I heard they're taking on members again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

For those who have used The Strand and Greenhills, which would be better? Greenhills seems a little more equipped.
    Looking for basic equipment, pool and the option of classes. Will be using it mainly in the late evening. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Have heard reports that Evolution Gym in the South Court is closing? Can anyone confirm this, or is it just rumour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Have heard reports that Evolution Gym in the South Court is closing? Can anyone confirm this, or is it just rumour?

I was told its closing Monday 19/01/15 by staff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

Anyone have experience with the Dooradoyle gym? I'm struggling to find a good, affordable gym, accessible by public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

They recently got rid of their pool much to the annoyance of some of their older members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

shaka wrote: »
    They recently got rid of their pool much to the annoyance of some of their older members.

They've all moved to the Maldron! There are two older ladies in particular who literally spend a couple of hours walking up and down in the middle of the pool with their arms outstretched. Getting beyond a joke now that nobody can actually go for a proper swim (bar getting in the fast lane but only enough room for one really) when the 'granny walkers' are in! :mad:

I'm not being disrespectful to older people, there are a good few older people there who don't cause any problems, but some of them have no respect for anyone else and seem to think they're in their own private pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 YearZero

shaka wrote: »

Yeah, I looked into it a bit more and I think I'll go with the gym in UL. Only €10 difference in the 3 month membership and it's got a pool, sauna, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mankteln

Anybody use Beefit gym? Looks like great value but would love to hear from anyone who goes? Specifically is it always packed? Cheers

Advertisement