Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Cartman78

jfh wrote: »
    Saw a brochure for the altitude gym. whats the deal here?
    Anyone here a member. wouldnt mind giving the treadmill a go at altidute if that's
    how it works ?!

Would be curious about this as well? Not too sure if it would have any effect on a plodder like me :(

Still can't believe that there's an 'Altitude House' up in Kilmurry Village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭jfh

any of ye lads give it a go. i might call in there some eve & check it out myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Moving to Limerick permanently at the end of this week, Yay! I'm going to be living the Dooradoyle side of the city. Anyone any experience of Dooradoyle leisure club? I'm looking for a place with swimming pool,sauna etc, and that does classes such as spinning as well. Anyone have any reccomendations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Does the Deltasports gym have punch bags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

deadeye187 wrote: »
    Does the Deltasports gym have punch bags?

Yup,pretty good gym tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Yup,pretty good gym tbh.

sound man, thanks. Defo gunna check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

the altitude centre is hypoxic training taking oxygen outa the room - not as effective for the gen pop as you would be led to believe. Complete different story if you live at altitude and train at sea level.

What i will say for limerick is that for a small city, there's not much shortage of facilities between Beefit, UL, JJB, all the leisure centres and fitness class studios in the city and thomond side of the city. Something for everyone i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Does anyone know or use the The Olympic gym or Dominator Gym and how much is an annual membership?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

anyone know where beefit are opening in the city?

Are they, sign me up if they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

They have a countdown on their website saying new city centre gym opening in 14 days

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭michaelduignan

panda100 wrote: »
    Moving to Limerick permanently at the end of this week, Yay! I'm going to be living the Dooradoyle side of the city. Anyone any experience of Dooradoyle leisure club? I'm looking for a place with swimming pool,sauna etc, and that does classes such as spinning as well. Anyone have any reccomendations?
    Can someone give a review of this gym? Is it busy in the evenings? Is there enough space etc? Looks small from outside? Is pool crowded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭sav1980

Anyone here a member of the Greenhills gym? I'm looking for a gym with swimming pool and am on the Ennis road so it would be pretty convenient. They don't seem to have a great range of classes though. Any body have any feedback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

sav1980 wrote: »
    Anyone here a member of the Greenhills gym? I'm looking for a gym with swimming pool and am on the Ennis road so it would be pretty convenient. They don't seem to have a great range of classes though. Any body have any feedback?

I've heard its OK, but its ridiculously expensive and not worth the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭sav1980

They have a special offer on at the moment so they're much the same price as the other gyms. Its either there or the strand as I wont go if i have to travel too far. Was hoping for somewhere with a pool and spinning classes but no such luck at this side of the city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

kilburn wrote: »
    anyone know where beefit are opening in the city?
    Mossess wrote: »
    Are they, sign me up if they are

Opening where MK Fitness and the MMA centre were, MMA is moving to a premises across the way I think. Some walls will be knocked to make it one big setup I think, supposedly bigger than the current setup.

Also, one membership covers both gyms. perfect for me because sometimes I couldnt be arsed trekking to the tipp road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Also, one membership covers both gyms. perfect for me because sometimes I couldnt be arsed trekking to the tipp road.

Really?that's pretty handy.

Really?that's pretty handy.

Yeah extremely handy. Covers both sides of the city so no matter what you're at your probably in reach of one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

sav1980 wrote: »

Greenhills is a nice local gym but not good for classes and not great equipment for the serious gym goer. Pool, Sauna, Steam room is good and the staff are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 demon1

Does anyone know or use the The Olympic gym or Dominator Gym and how much is an annual membership?

I go to the Olympic gym. If your into heavy weights I'm led to believe is one of the best but probably a bit basic in terms of facilities compared to some of the others. Can't say as I have not been to any of the others. But I like it. €15 per week €45 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

@45/month this must be the most expensive one in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Can someone give a review of this gym? Is it busy in the evenings? Is there enough space etc? Looks small from outside? Is pool crowded?
    Dooradoyle is basic for what you pay to be honest. you have to queue for cross trainers and busy in the evenings. the whole gym and pool could do with an over haul. nothing has changed since it opened and the same staff are there bored out of their heads. in my opinion there are far better and cheaper leisure centres around - they would want to up their game big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lolipop2005

Where exactly was/is MK Fitness & MMA centre.... Just wondering on facilities etc, as the tipp road is handy for me right now but just thought if the city centre one was closer to work it might work out better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Where exactly was/is MK Fitness & MMA centre.... Just wondering on facilities etc, as the tipp road is handy for me right now but just thought if the city centre one was closer to work it might work out better!!

Top of henry/backing onto Dock Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Hi all. Is the gym at the Maldron hotel good? I hear they've a promotion this month, €200 for 9 months. Kinda new to the whole gym scene so looking for a good/friendly place to start out at. Anyone a member there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

just spotted&bought:
    http://www.grabone.ie/limerick (no affiliate link)
    Greenhills Hotel & Leisure Centre - Limerick
    €29 for 8 Gym Passes (or €39 for 10) incl. All Facilities & Fitness Classes at the Greenhills Hotel & Leisure Centre
    valid until Dec 4th

If you don't have an account here's a link that will give me a fiver if you register: http://www.grabone.ie/refer/172527
    I don't know if I can do that here, mods feel free to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Top of henry/backing onto Dock Road

Tis on windmill street, across from subway on top of henry street.

Is JJB's closing/closed?

Is JJB's closing/closed?

Heard a rumour it was closing or being bought out in November. Not sure how much truth there is behind either. Wouldnt be surprised if they closed to be honest. Extremely hard to remain competitive whilst trying to maintain a wet facility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 misswhat

Yup,pretty good gym tbh.

Heard its meant to be filthy, and poorly run! Dooraodyle are very good!

Advertisement