Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Hey ronan, thanks for advice.
    i went out today,had a good chat with blue and jason.

And i joined there :o)

Now the hard work begins ;)

Sean

Brilliant, now the fun starts :-) See you in there at some stage!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I'm looking for a new gym too. U.L is the only one that has almost everything I want in a gym that I know of anyway, but is there any decent gyms near the city center that aren't full of ignorant retards who only go to the gym to do biceps and chest?

Looking for a gym that has a squat rack, power cage, an area to do deadlifts, of course benches with a full rack of DBs (dumbbells), a pull up and dips stand etc. and all them other machines normal non-lifting phaggots use....

So, any brahs able to aware me on a gym that fits this description?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

I'm looking for a new gym too. U.L is the only one that has almost everything I want in a gym that I know of anyway, but is there any decent gyms near the city center that aren't full of ignorant retards who only go to the gym to do biceps and chest?

Looking for a gym that has a squat rack, power cage, an area to do deadlifts, of course benches with a full rack of DBs (dumbbells), a pull up and dips stand etc. and all them other machines normal non-lifting phaggots use....

So, any brahs able to aware me on a gym that fits this description?
    Hey, id definately recommend eastway fitness. Its designed especially for bodybuilders. Not too busy. Run other classes aswell. Definately worth popping in.

Tell em Sean sent ya :o)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Hey, id definately recommend eastway fitness. Its designed especially for bodybuilders. Not too busy. Run other classes aswell. Definately worth popping in.

Tell em Sean sent ya :o)

Just looked it up, prices seem pretty good and they've a decent setup. I saw that you were looking to join a new gym a page back too, did you end up joining EastWay? I can't find the opening and closing times for the gym though?..

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Just looked it up, prices seem pretty good and they've a decent setup. I saw that you were looking to join a new gym a page back too, did you end up joining EastWay? I can't find the opening and closing times for the gym though?..
    Yea i joined. They more then helpful there. Im not 100% sure of opening . But ive a feeling it opens at 8.
    I tend to go around 10-11 when its empty :)

PS. check out
    http://www.eastwayfitnessclub.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

Does anyone remember that gym that was down on Henry street, on the corner of lower Cecil St. but facing Hentry st. Think ACC have an office there now.
    Is that still kitted out to be an actual fully functional gym. It had a pool, is that still there? That was easily the best location in Limerick for a gym, esp if you work in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mossess wrote: »
    Does anyone remember that gym that was down on Henry street, on the corner of lower Cecil St. but facing Hentry st. Think ACC have an office there now.
    Is that still kitted out to be an actual fully functional gym. It had a pool, is that still there? That was easily the best location in Limerick for a gym, esp if you work in the city.

Yeah, I remember it.

Was called Crunch and then Quay Leisure.

I imagine when ACC went in there that they completely gutted it.
    Not sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

that gym was class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Was a member in quay leisure class place, think acc left pool as is just emptied it. JP who worked there running bee fit now I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got to have a trial there and it was easily the coolest gym I was ever in!

• Advertisement

The location was excellent too. I don't think Limerick has anything like it in the centre any more :(

Staff were great, JP ,Lisa, Geoff ,Aileen nice people and good trainers. JP still toughest spin instructor I've met

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Its exactly the same as before except now the price has doubled!

I actually accidentally laughed in the face of the receptionist when she told me the prices!

What are the prices now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

lookin for a gym in limerick to biuld muscle and cardio,eastway looks good but a pool/steam room like was in jjb is good to clear the head.
    any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Clarion has a promo now 20/month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Any opinions on the gym in The Strand Hotel - i was thinking of changing to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

UL has all those doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Parchment wrote: »
    Any opinions on the gym in The Strand Hotel - i was thinking of changing to there.

Been a member there for 4 years now so I guess that's enough of an endorsement. It has its days when things are out of order but thankfully they seem to have been alot less lately. I think you can get a free trial too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Parchment wrote: »

Been a member there for the last year. I couldn't recommend it highly enough. So much so I was asked to write a testimonial for them a few weeks back. Staff are lovely, with nice clean facilities, and nice clientele.

• Advertisement

did abit of lookin around and planet fitness is a better gym imo than energize in the strand,although you can do lenghts in the strands pool ,the pool is nice in planetfitness,the gyms far better in planetfitness though,was at both of em today and there both 99euro for 3 months.

thanks for the opinions on The Strand - staff seem great there. I am going to get a trial there soon and see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

LK KID wrote: »
    did abit of lookin around and planet fitness is a better gym imo than energize in the strand,although you can do lenghts in the strands pool ,the pool is nice in planetfitness,the gyms far better in planetfitness though,was at both of em today and there both 99euro for 3 months.

Maybe it's changed since JJB, and maybe I'm just being a bit of a snob, but I didn't really like the clientele that went to JJB's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

panda100 wrote: »
    Maybe it's changed since JJB, and maybe I'm just being a bit of a snob, but I didn't really like the clientele that went to JJB's.
    Basicaly half of limerick?

panda100 wrote: »
    sure the women at reception are fit,and theres always sum fit girls workin out ,wat more d'ya want lol.
    na but its got way more weights,bikes nd different machines in jjb and the pool/sauna seams more chilledout there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Thought someone said planet fitness was scandalous since re-opening after JJB closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 L4235

JBB was bad in terms of cleanliness but I will never step foot in planet fitness again after how we were treated this morning. We pay 39 a month each as a couple, which is expensive considering all recession prices everywhere now.. Went in this morning couldn't find our cards which we explained and we were turned away even though our pictures show up to prove our identity on their screens once your name is typed in. We were simply told pay €10 each for new cars or u can't come in!! Ya shock isn't how to describe it considering we pay nearly €80 a month to the gym.. We left pissed off and when we rang to complain the manager was a pig down the phone and hung up on me!! Great customer service eh!!
    We have obviously pulled our direct debits after being treated so 'Nicely'..

Don't go their unless u want to be ripped off and treated very unfairly!! Share this and let people know what they'll get for their money if you choose the 'upmarket' route..

Used be in jjb and its was fine , sure a few heads in there but they are everywhere and it was best place for weights at the time. Working in cork at moment and looked at planet leisure gyms down there and they are complete rip off and have heard same about limerick. If I was in limerick and looking for weights gym eastway fitness looks the best

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

cottager83 wrote: »
    Membership is up in the Maldron, Wud like to go elsewhere, it's not the cleanest place but it is cheap at €125 for 9 months, can anybody recommend other gyms and the price if possible?? Cheers!

The Clarion is running a special right now, and it's a clean, well-run gym.

Kings Gym is cheap, and some of the machines are a bit run down, but it has a ton of free weight & universal equipment and the users are all normal, no-nonsense people.

• Advertisement

Buckeye wrote: »
    The Clarion is running a special right now, and it's a clean, well-run gym.

Kings Gym is cheap, and some of the machines are a bit run down, but it has a ton of free weight & universal equipment and the users are all normal, no-nonsense people.

Is the gym in the clarion TINY? i get the feeling it is...i have seen the pool there.

Advertisement