Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

cant find anything on that new gym...any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

cant find anything on that new gym...any links?

I'll get a link up when I'm on a computer dude. Odin are doing the equipment so if you look around Facebook you should find it. It's in a massive warehouse in Raheen.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBodyBuildingLimerick

boom! turf being laid down.....indoor prowler!!!!!!

As long as it isnt " booked for team use" 24/7 and the ordinary joe gets a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

https://www.facebook.com/TheBodyBuildingLimerick

boom! turf being laid down.....indoor prowler!!!!!!

As long as it isnt " booked for team use" 24/7 and the ordinary joe gets a go.

I know where this (right behind the dry cleaners) - the building has been left idle since being built, its great that they will be getting use from it and hopefully it will stop the vandalism

Is there many gyms in the Raheen area other then the one near the crescent?

• Advertisement

Is there many gyms in the Raheen area other then the one near the crescent?

Its main competition will be Evolution Gym in the South court.
    Dooradoyle leisure centre is also there but its not exactly the same market.

this is what i want.

1256529_10151818064665750_1758438301_n.jpg

:P

Its main competition will be Evolution Gym in the South court.
    Dooradoyle leisure centre is also there but its not exactly the same market.

Forgot about Evolution tbh. I hope it works out anyway because it looks like it has some great potential for an awesome gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Anyone a member of Planet Health up by Childers Road Dunnes? Was in there today to check it out and it looks good far better atmosphere for working out and a lot more equipment then where i currently am.

Just wondering is it busy much? And when would be the busiest times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CCEF

Does anyone know if Beefit in the city is any good?

It's €20 on a monthly basis and I've heard they have a good amount of freeweights so I'm thinking of giving it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

panda100 wrote: »
    Trifit in town do circuit training.from what I hear you have to have a good level of fitness before going to their circuit training.

I wouldn't join the gym in the strand if your interested in doing classes.they have all been booked up for the last few months.its also been extremely crowded in the strand at peak times over the last couple of months,so much so that I couldn't get to any weights on Tuesday night. I've always recommended the strand and it's defiantly the cleanest and most luxurious gym in limerick, but if you can't access classes or training equipment then it's no longer serving purpose.

It's so frustrating. That for a 'sporting' city the selection of gyms is so poor.westwood please come to limerick!!

Can anyone else row in on this - I have been toying with the idea of joining the Strand for a while, current gym membership is up on the 20th Dec. I am not one for classes but would estimate, on weekdays, i would be in the gym around 5.45pm after work - will it be chock-a-block? i did take a look at it and its quite a small gym anyway but looked good.

I would really appreciate any opinions/views on the matter. thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Parchment wrote: »
    Can anyone else row in on this - I have been toying with the idea of joining the Strand for a while, current gym membership is up on the 20th Dec. I am not one for classes but would estimate, on weekdays, i would be in the gym around 5.45pm after work - will it be chock-a-block? i did take a look at it and its quite a small gym anyway but looked good.

I would really appreciate any opinions/views on the matter. thanks!

Some days it can be full and some days you could be the only one at that time, its pretty unpredictable. I'd say go for it.

Some days it can be full and some days you could be the only one at that time, its pretty unpredictable. I'd say go for it.

thanks for the info - gym membership is like marriage for me...i dont do commitment well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    Anyone a member of Planet Health up by Childers Road Dunnes? Was in there today to check it out and it looks good far better atmosphere for working out and a lot more equipment then where i currently am.

Just wondering is it busy much? And when would be the busiest times?

I am there currently and cant wait to get out..

The music is so low and ****e, the bars are so old all the grip is gone, there is one bar too little for all the benches. The DB only go to 38kg in pairs, there is a 42 and 50kg but only one of each

It would be a fine gym if you dont use free weights, if your training is mostly based around that then find somewhere else.

I think the training atmosphere in there is negligible.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Hello,

I'm looking for a pay as you go gym around town, must have plenty of weight/benches cardio the basics will do me.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm looking for a pay as you go gym around town, must have plenty of weight/benches cardio the basics will do me.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

The only pay and go ones i know of are Grove Island and U.L - U.L has a lot of weights but i have never been to the Grove so i cant comment on there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

UL is like 7 euro a go, thats will be expensive if you plan on using the gym regularly.

What about the place in town, kings I think? Isn't that just a few euro a pop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Olympic Gold opposite Donkey Fords

BUMP!

Does anyone else get anxiety when they are about to switch gyms? i can only ever commit for 3 months incase i dont like the new gym....about to swap from the maldron to the strand but i have new-gym-commitment issues!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

BUMP!

Does anyone else get anxiety when they are about to switch gyms? i can only ever commit for 3 months incase i dont like the new gym....about to swap from the maldron to the strand but i have new-gym-commitment issues!

dont blame you moving from the Maldron, Im moving myself, the gym is terrible, most of the machines not working and the gym manageress is unapproachable, a real attitude problem, I see people are even complaining on their facebook page

Beaver1 wrote: »
    dont blame you moving from the Maldron, Im moving myself, the gym is terrible, most of the machines not working and the gym manageress is unapproachable, a real attitude problem, I see people are even complaining on their facebook page

Wow do you have a link? i didnt even know they had a facebook page....and yes she is hugely unapproachable. I even was chatting to another member yesterday who told me about how the manager dealt with an incident in the gym - it really didnt seem appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Wow do you have a link? i didnt even know they had a facebook page....and yes she is hugely unapproachable. I even was chatting to another member yesterday who told me about how the manager dealt with an incident in the gym - it really didnt seem appropriate.
    https://www.facebook.com/MaldronHotelLimerick?fref=ts
    on the right scroll down on recent posts you will a few complaints there. I think they are about 2 weeks old

Beaver1 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/MaldronHotelLimerick?fref=ts
    on the right scroll down on recent posts you will a few complaints there. I think they are about 2 weeks old

I just saw them - thanks! i agree with all posted there. Even the broken cross trainer left lying in the gym says it all really...

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

I've left the Maldron too. How she has a job dealing with the public ill never know no people skills whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Is the Body Building (new gym in Raheen) open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

Username99 wrote: »
    Is the Body Building (new gym in Raheen) open yet?

No activity on the facebook page since the 28th of december. I was hoping to join at the start but really I can't be without a gym for much longer. An update on the page would go a long way. Does anyone know if/when they are opening?

Charlie 22 wrote: »
    No activity on the facebook page since the 28th of december. I was hoping to join at the start but really I can't be without a gym for much longer. An update on the page would go a long way. Does anyone know if/when they are opening?

Mail the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

I am not on Facebook so I can't mail the page, actually this is the first time ever that being on Facebook has actually inconvenienced me.

Thought it would be open by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Chazmundus

Got sad news via email yesterday evening.icon8.png Beefit in City Centre is closing. All members have the choice of moving to their other gym. Anyone know if good?
    Some great staff in the City Centre gym.

Advertisement