Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Vapefest Announcement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

DKS-Eliquid from Italy have confirmed with Bargainvapour that they will coming to Vapefest Ireland :D

if anyone is on the new forum Planet Of The Vapes, Vapefest Ireland has its own forum there now so I will keep that updated with event news as well :)
    Heres a link.
    http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?109-2012-Irish-Vapefest

I'm just back from Abbeyleix. I went up there to finalise some arrangements with the hotel for the event and I was really impressed with the Hotel so thought I'd share my thoughts with ye.

The hotel itself is fabulous and the room where the event is on is really nice and I'm not just saying it to hype the event but its perfect for a Vapefest, Ye will see what I mean on the day. The room for event will take 300 or more people easily and has a fine size bar, nice tables/chairs, decor, etc!
    There's room for overflow as well with a lovely conservatory hallway with tables and chairs and a nice outside seated area too if the weather is fine.

The main bar in the hotel where its hoped to have a bit of crack in the evening and into the early hours is a fine big modern bar and the staff are really friendly there as well. I ended up talking to a few of them and enjoyed a vape and a cup of coffee while explaining what vaping is all about to some of them. A couple of them who are smokers are even going to come to the event and thinking of giving vaping a go to try get off of tobacco.

I'm also currently looking for a printing company to sponsor a big banner sign for the day and maybe some posters or leaflets. I've contacted a good few companies and am awaiting replies so hopefully one of them might help.

Anyways I'll shut up now I'm rambling! :)

The lads in Vaporcast gave Vapefest Ireland a mention in their latest podcast and in doing so had an attempt to put on an Irish accent. I nearly fell of the chair laughing when I heard it. http://feeds.feedburner.com/vaporcast/podcast Its in the final 1/5 of it for anyone that want to listen.

Davek also gave another mention in last night's episode of Daves Tacklebox on Vaportrails TV http://www.vapourtrails.tv/?p=4110 from about 5 minutes onwards

I just did an interview with the Clare Champion newspaper on Vapefest and they are going to do a piece on it :o

• Advertisement

It amazing when you get a shout out somewhere like steve k's vaping world based in the united states the way word gets around.

I just found a post on an Italian forum referring to Vapefest Ireland thanks to Steve'ks article. http://www.vapers.it/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44&sid=721d0fbf2049304063ad69a197673beb

All good to promote our event. I really cant wait for it now, it will be so good to be able to vape and talk and drink and vape and talk and vape and vape and talk and drink and talk and vape a bit more with fellow vapers instead of being looked at weird and asked a hundred times an hour what is that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Thanks to the vaping forum, I have been a non smoking vaper for 3 weeks! Now I'm very keen to come to vapefest but I don't have transport. Is the venue anywhere near public transport or are there any car share situations from Dublin? Thanks!

Thanks to the vaping forum, I have been a non smoking vaper for 3 weeks! Now I'm very keen to come to vapefest but I don't have transport. Is the venue anywhere near public transport or are there any car share situations from Dublin? Thanks!

Hi Donkey oatey and congrats on been off the tobacco 3 weeks. I will keep my ear to the ground and if I hear of anyone offering alift from Dublin I'll send you a PM. If all else fails you could get the bus from Dublin to Portloise and then get the Portlaoise to Johnstown 128 service that takes 10 minutes to get from Portlaoise to Abbeyleix. I have attached the timetables for buses if you wanted to check if the times would work out for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh ****, just realised there's a bus direct from carlow to abbeyleix

hooray

--edit

ugh, no. only the 6pm from carlow goes to abbeyleix. that's a bit late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

oh ****, just realised there's a bus direct from carlow to abbeyleix

hooray

--edit

ugh, no. only the 6pm from carlow goes to abbeyleix. that's a bit late

Was talking to herself last night and we might be staying with friends in carlow on the Friday night, if you want a spin?

You can find your own shagging way back though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Ill just come live with you in cork, it's all cool

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

newmark wrote: »
    Hi Donkey oatey and congrats on been off the tobacco 3 weeks. I will keep my ear to the ground and if I hear of anyone offering alift from Dublin I'll send you a PM. If all else fails you could get the bus from Dublin to Portloise and then get the Portlaoise to Johnstown 128 service that takes 10 minutes to get from Portlaoise to Abbeyleix. I have attached the timetables for buses if you wanted to check if the times would work out for you.

You're a star! Thanks for that. Hate trying to work out transport with the bus eireann and irish rail sites. Guess I'll be seeing you guys in September then. Yay!

Ill just come live with you in cork, it's all cool

On 2 conditions I'll allow it,

1: throathit is required as a security deposit
    2: you explain 2 herself whats going on

This is the article from today's Clare Champion Newspaper regarding Vapefest Ireland. I don't see it on their website so I scanned it but hopefully they might put it up on the website as well. :)

If anyone finds it hard to read try right clicking on image and save it to your desktop and then open the image on your pc where you then should be able to see it properly.

2a6uoll.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

top marks again Shane!

You seriously deserve a medal for the work you're doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Reading through this and i think i'll be able to make it!

I have just gotten an ecig so hopefully i will use it and continue to use it!

Once you find a juice(or a couple that you like) you'll soon see the money start to build up in your bank account from not smoking....that's the fact alone that keeps me off them.

Reading through this and i think i'll be able to make it!

I have just gotten an ecig so hopefully i will use it and continue to use it!

I clicked on the link for your youtube channel a while ago and the first thing that came into my head was that you would make a great e-cig reviewer, you'd never know you might end up doing video reviews of ecigs and juice if you really take to the vaping!

Hope you can make it anyway it should be a good crack :D

I clicked on the link for your youtube channel a while ago and the first thing that came into my head was that you would make a great e-cig reviewer, you'd never know you might end up doing video reviews of ecigs and juice if you really take to the vaping!

Hope you can make it anyway it should be a good crack :D

Now there's a thought!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Now there's a thought!!!!!!

Maybe you could start doing a video on your whole ecig experience that would be interesting!

Maybe you could start doing a video on your whole ecig experience that would be interesting!

Just recorded the first video on it. You got a mention! :D

mentioned Vapefest at the end too and if i get to it i'll do a bit of recording there too

Just recorded the first video on it. You got a mention! :D

Jaysus you don't hang around lol..

Any links to the video or YT channel?

"Blatant Self Whoring" in his sig

eeloe wrote: »
    Any links to the video or YT channel?

hasn't gone up yet

I'm on mobile 99% of the time with sigs turned off, unfortunately!

eeloe wrote: »
    I'm on mobile 99% of the time with sigs turned off, unfortunately!

In that case http://www.youtube.com/dirtybollox

Actually a crackin' video, top marks Dirty! :-)

• Advertisement

Enjoyed watching that and fair play for giving Vapefest a shout out :)

Advertisement