Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - is it time to complain?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

short story or so I hope. I had my AIB visit set up to finish off my mortgage application for 3rd of May - finished work early, came to the branch only to find out that the person that was meant to talk to me called in sick. So 1 week delay already but fair enough - set up a visit for a week later-finished work early and on 10th of May made an application upon AIB Rep check that everything was in order - got told - I should hear back within 7-10 days. Now it's 19 Jun and I haven't heard or received anything despite making numerous phone calls/leaving voicemails etc. to 2 different branches etc. I wonder - how much longer should I wait? Have they got no obligation to get back to me somehow/someday?
    PS-I don't really have time to be hanging on the phone during work hours (although I tried that for about a week) and also don't really fancy taking time off just to visit the branch in person and ask them - WTF? ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

They don't want to lend. Get the message!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

hehe, fair enough, i got other options but before I pursue them I'd rather get some official communication :D oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

I was in the same boat as you with the same bank-eventually the advisor rang my OH and told him we were approved in principal for 3 months but wouldnt put it in writing. We're both in permanent jobs, and our application was for 2.2 x our combined income and we had a deposit that was almost a years income. I dont think its not wanting to lend to you-it's just incompetence :mad:
    We couldnt get the house we wanted for the price we wanted so we let ours lapse and plan to go with another bank eventually-life's too short to be treated like carp by bankrupt banks:)
    Ironically we both work in the public sector and were shocked at the levels of discourtesy, the highhanded phone call demanding to know why we had "missed" a meeting that we had cancelled by phone and email the day before and the general confusion and ambivalence even the most straightforward question was met with. If I behaved in that way in my job I'd be hauled over the coals and rightly so.
    If you really want an answer write or email the branch manager and tell him you would like a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amitbha

I am going through excat experience with AIB.. I had applied Mortage in branch and Mortage advisor said to me few weeks back he will rang me and make sure I am keep updated but nothing happened.. I went to branch.. the man said Ohh.. sorry I should have come back to you with some news.. than he started making stories that lending department has said they cannot offer 80% loan on 1 bed appartment and even for 75% they are processing it.. by this time 4 weeks are already gone :rolleyes::mad:

another example.. I ordered 6 months duplicate statement at branch the man said he can order 6 months statement for me and did not provided me with info that this would cost me 2.50 euro per page.. today we had statement in post and can you imagine the man had ordered statement from 2010 onwards on order of 6 month statement.. such unprofessional:mad:
    however spoke with another customer service advisor on phone and explained him this all he replied he will look into this. and advised he will rang me .. which he did not... i rang in branch again and advisor accepted this error and offered full refund.. lets see now how did will go :confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

uli84 wrote: »
    hehe, fair enough, i got other options but before I pursue them I'd rather get some official communication :D oh well

Its endemic in a lot of the old banks - customer service is non existent - and this is at the juncture when they should be soliciting you business, explore the other options - you may be pleasantly surprised !
    mike f:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭ted1

i didn't bother with the branch and applied over the phone, meant i didn't have to go to the branch.

Advertisement