Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space Books

Options
  • 19-06-2012 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Anyone recommend any good space/astronomy books. I've read Last man on the moon by Gene Cernan and Mike Collins book. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Did you read Stephen Hawking's Brief History of Time and Universe in a Nutshell? They're really good books. Although they'll sorta make your brain hurt! If you can get the illustrated edition cuz the pictures make it fun to read (atleast for me) and it'll make things slightly easier to understand.

Not a book but I'm currently watching Brian Cox's documentaries and they're breathtakingly awesome. Especially on Blu Ray! I got the wonders of solar system and universe box set...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Space: The first 50 years, is a great book. Nothing too 'heavy' in it so to speak. Im no physicists so it makes for some easy but great reading! :D

I actually picked it up after someone on this forum recommended it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Have you read A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson?It's not just astronomy but nearly everything.it's really a brilliant read, lots of information put out in a very enjoyable manner.I highly recommend it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Anything / Everything from Carl Sagan, you wont regret it!!:)

"A Man on the Moon" by Andrew Chaikin is a great book on the Apollo Moon landings.

"Riding Rockets" by Astronaut Mike Mullane is a great book on his time as a Shuttle Astronaut.

"Failure is not an option" by the legend Gene Kranz gives an indept look at NASA mission control from the early days through Apollo and the Shuttle.

And did I mention everything from Carl Sagan!!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

I'm reading Failure is not an option now ! Great so far

• Advertisement
Advertisement