Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent allowance back dated?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello can anyone tell me if my rent allowance will be back dated, I moved in a month ago and sent forms away 2 weeks ago, will I get back dated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine it will be backdated somewhat - I don't know if they will backdate it beyond the date of application

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

To get Rent Supplement you either must have been renting for 6 out of the past 12 months and have been able to afford the rent when you started to rent. In your case if you are only applying now because you have lost your job and the above applies then you will get it from date of application.

OR

Have been assessed by the local authority as having a housin need within the passed 12 months. If this hasn't been done and you have to apply to your lcoal authority now, then you will only get RS back dated to the date your housing need was established.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Backdated to date of application. Took them 7 months to process our application and we had to "remind" them twice to get the back money.

Have not heard re the not now able to afford being rigidly applied.

Advertisement