Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers in Athlone

Options
  • 19-06-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a decent Barber in Athlone?

Went to a place in town a couple of times and wasn't too happy with the outcome.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

jimmurt wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent Barber in Athlone?

Went to a place in town a couple of times and wasn't too happy with the outcome.:eek:

New barber out in monksland beside super valu is highly recommended if your from that side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I use to go to Baz or Decs. I think Baz is closed. Decs is still there. Down lloyds lane, just off church street. Unfortunately I have no need for a barber anymore :(
    Last time I went to decs your one charged me half price, she said there wasn't enough hair to charge for a full haircut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Used Dec's which was decent. Sound lad.

Also been to Cozzies across from Golden Island. Hit and miss.

Barbers in the new shopping centre was decent but havent been there in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I remember when Cozzies first opened, everyone came out with the exact same haircut regardless of what the asked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

I remember when Cozzies first opened, everyone came out with the exact same haircut regardless of what the asked for.
    I'm a Decs man I have to say he does a neat job and is always good for a chat. He has the ability to pretend he is interested in any subject.
    Plus he is good on the scissors too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

The Turkish lads (father & son) at the top of Northgate Street are very good, fast, and reasonable. Much better than Dec's imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

gyppo wrote: »
    The Turkish lads (father & son) at the top of Northgate Street are very good, fast, and reasonable. Much better than Dec's imo.
    Is that place still even open? One of them used to work in Decs if memory serves me right. I don't know im afraid of change! Happy with the job dec does tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

gyppo wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

The barber bar place in the town centre is pretty good and ya get the cut ya ask for unlike some other places Ive been

Advertisement