Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubliner kills two kids and walks free

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Zulu wrote: »
    You guys are priceless. Don't bother reading the full definition before leaping to conclusion:
    "any prolonged and bitter feud, rivalry, contention, or the like", "any prolonged feud, quarrel, etc"

...but hey don't worry about that, full story, complete facts, complete definition - you don't need that to leap to a conclusion. I guess it's worth pointing out that it would make your arguments a little stronger though.

All of these feuds, contentions, rivalries etc. involve two parties aware of each other's existence in real life. Tobin has no idea who Fuinnseog is. Fuinnseog is not impressed by Tobin's actions. No need for claims of a Vendetta.

I get the impression you have backed yourself into a corner here. There is only one moral answer to this case, Tobin should be in jail somewhere, and three years seems reasonable.

To be fair to Shatter, he cant overcome a supreme court decision, and there is no point using a lower court as the lower court has to obide by the rules. Possibly he can change the law to allow a jailing here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

A slimeball like Tobin is bound to try and leave Ireland on a foriegn holiday or for a shopping trip to Newry at some stage, hopefully then he will be nabbed and sent back to serve his sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I see boards.ie gets a mention on the official blog

http://ciaran-tobin.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Offically setup by the family who tragically lost their children?

Their children wern't lost, they were slaughtered by a speeding coward called Ciaran Tobin, who then jumped bail and ran away.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,087 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Their children wern't lost, they were slaughtered by a speeding coward called Ciaran Tobin, who then jumped bail and ran away.:mad:

How he can live with himself I don't know.
    What must he be thinking when he looks at his own children?
    He definitely should go back, apologize and do his time. He will eventually feel better for having done the right thing and will be able to look his own children in the face again.

A father wants justice. His cause is gathering momentum. You still have not explained why you are a cheerleader for Tobin. the children were killed by a reckless diver who showed no remorse.

How he can live with himself I don't know.
    What must he be thinking when he looks at his own children?
    He definitely should go back, apologize and do his time. He will eventually feel better for having done the right thing and will be able to look his own children in the face again.

he probably does not consider the killings at all and appears to have no regrets. it happened in another country and until now he could escape unpleasant media attention in this country. It would not surprise me if he sees himself as the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I have now asked 4 times for anyone to post a unconnected verifiable site that shows he was breaking the speed limit. Can you please do so as no one else has been able to show it to me as I would like proof of him breaking the speed limit.

I have now asked 4 times for anyone to post a unconnected verifiable site that shows he was breaking the speed limit. Can you please do so as no one else has been able to show it to me as I would like proof of him breaking the speed limit.

given that he has been convicted of reckless driving I am sure the Hungarians have the relevant documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,087 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wiki is your friend
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciaran_Tobin_extradition_case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Wiki is not your friend. It can easily be edited by untrustworthy sources.
    If he was speeding, a newspaper source would be a better friend, or the court report would be your best friend.

I wouldn't hold your breath ResearchWill. This thread is simply a hate campaign, facts & full stories aren't welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Fuinseog wrote: »
    he probably does not consider the killings at all and appears to have no regrets. it happened in another country and until now he could escape unpleasant media attention in this country. It would not surprise me if he sees himself as the victim.
    He probably eats babies and was responsible for the Holocaust too!

given that he has been convicted of reckless driving I am sure the Hungarians have the relevant documents.

I agree, which is why they should be easy to produce. We have been shown the sketch map of the locus, there are numerous documents in Hungarian I have seen. But no verifiable source to say the speed limit at the crash was less than 70kph. I'm not saying such proof is not there, just if someone is going to say something it would be nice to have proof.

Sorry but Wikipedia is neither independent or verifiable.

humanji wrote: »
    He probably eats babies and was responsible for the Holocaust too!

I never said he eats babies. he just kills them. nice to see a bit of support for child killers.

Wiki is not your friend. It can easily be edited by untrustworthy sources.
    If he was speeding, a newspaper source would be a better friend, or the court report would be your best friend.

I wouldn't hold your breath ResearchWill. This thread is simply a hate campaign, facts & full stories aren't welcome.

still waiting for your reasons for supporting Tobin.

I never said he eats babies. he just kills them. nice to see a bit of support for child killers.
    Was very surprised to see that myself.
    Of course some people will make a joke about anything.

Which is just as much bolloxology as me saying he eats babies. He doesn't kill babies. He was involved in an accident in which two children were tragically killed, and then ran away to avoid prison. But that is apparently too simple for you. You've to go out of your way to paint him as an inhuman monster. You don't know him, his circumstances or his feelings on the situation, but you still make wild accusations about him.

And then when anyone points this out, all you can do is try and insult that user by implying they support child killers. By that logic I can claim you support paedophiles because I haven't seen you speak out about Gary Glitter. You see how making stupid assumptions based on no evidence is just plain stupid?
    Was very surprised to see that myself.
    Of course some people will make a joke about anything.

And some people will make up stories about others. Life's just not fair,is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

So we're still going around and around in a circle here then. Well I for one am delighted for with new found Irish immunity from the legal system. Get convicted and sentenced in court abroad, meh ignore it because you don't agree with the outcome and walk away. Sounds like a sweet deal.

• Advertisement

still waiting for your reasons for supporting Tobin.

I am still awaiting evidence of the speed limit. I have posted verifiable independent facts, which many here have ignored or attacked without any verifiable facts. So I for one don't support Tobin, but neither will I attack him without any evidence to back up that attack. It is my belief untill someone proves otherwise that this was a very tragic accident, also it is my belief that the 2 trials in Hungary are a miscarriage of justice.

prinz wrote: »
    So we're still going around and around in a circle here then. Well I for one am delighted for with new found Irish immunity from the legal system. Get convicted and sentenced in court abroad, meh ignore it because you don't agree with the outcome and walk away. Sounds like a sweet deal.
    Well if there's one positive to the whole situation, it might be that the legal system will be changed to stop it happening again.

Well if there's one positive to the whole situation, it might be that the legal system will be changed to stop it happening again.

I'm not sure there's a whole lot of scope for that. Unless you can legislate against human error and lack of foresight. His passport should have been kept by the Hungarian authorities. Simple as that.

Which is just as much bolloxology as me saying he eats babies. He doesn't kill babies. He was involved in an accident in which two children were tragically killed, and then ran away to avoid prison. But that is apparently too simple for you. You've to go out of your way to paint him as an inhuman monster. You don't know him, his circumstances or his feelings on the situation, but you still make wild accusations about him.

And then when anyone points this out, all you can do is try and insult that user by implying they support child killers. By that logic I can claim you support paedophiles because I haven't seen you speak out about Gary Glitter. You see how making stupid assumptions based on no evidence is just plain stupid?

And some people will make up stories about others. Life's just not fair,is it.
    Since you have chosen to quote my post and then intimate that I have been making up stories perhaps you would be so good as to indicate where in my posts regarding this on the run killer I have made anything up?
    I respect that you are an AH mod but I don't see how that should allow you a free pass.

... It is my belief untill someone proves otherwise that this was a very tragic accident,......

What did the Hungarian courts prove...
    ... also it is my belief that the 2 trials in Hungary are a miscarriage of justice.

Oh right, of course they were. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

how is it that a Dublin business man who killed two kids aged 5 and two when his car mounted the footpath walks free?
    it was on both RTE and TV3 and not once was there any expression of remorse for what he did.

if that had been Irish kids who had been killed there would be uproar.

That he is a business man is relevant how? Why put that there.

If he were a public servant would you mention that? Doubt it.

Since you have chosen to quote my post and then intimate that I have been making up stories perhaps you would be so good as to indicate where in my posts regarding this on the run killer I have made anything up?
    I respect that you are an AH mod but I don't see how that should allow you a free pass.
    I intimated no such thing. I was referring to the poster you were supporting.

prinz wrote: »
    What did the Hungarian courts prove...

Oh right, of course they were. Jesus wept.

If you read any of the verifiable information I have posted then you might also believe it. Noone has posted what the speed limit was. The affidavit of Tobin said the cars breaks failed and steering failed. I posted link to verifiable facts that the make, model and year of car was later recalled for brake failure. They also suffered from steering failure and serious acceleration problems. The accused was refused his request to examin the car by an expert. So based on all that I have a serious doubt. Can you point out any evidence to show I am incorrect in that belief.

If you read any of the verifiable information I have posted then you might also believe it. Noone has posted what the speed limit was...

And from this you presume what? That the Hungarian court weren't privy to this information?
    The affidavit of Tobin said the cars breaks failed and steering failed....

The accused man making a statement in his defence, never!
    I posted link to verifiable facts that the make, model and year of car was later recalled for brake failure. They also suffered from steering failure and serious acceleration problems.....

Key word, later. You are accusing them of a miscarriage of justice, based on evidence that emerged after the fact.
    The accused was refused his request to examin the car by an expert..

Wasn't this down to the Hungarian legal system again rather than some plot to stitch him up? Once again being presented the same way 'he was convicted without being there to defend himself' was... trying to paint the picture of a malevolent system screwing over Tobin for the fun of it.

The only thing you have managed to provide is that there may indeed be grounds for Tobin to appeal his case and subsequent sentence. What it doesn't do is show that if you don't like your sentence you just walk away from the whole thing

• Advertisement

I intimated no such thing. I was referring to the poster you were supporting.
    Fair enough,just that it appeared you were as you placed your comments beneath my quote.

Advertisement