Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convienence Store Deli

Options
  • 19-06-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I own a small convienence store on a high street in a large town with a good, clean deli, that does reasonably well throughout the school year with the schoolkids, as we have good deals on for them. My trouble is how do I get the working adult to the store now that the kids are on holidays? I am only trying to target customers within 200m either side of the store.
    • Cheap sandwiches to get them through the door, in the hope they will buy other product aswell. (tea, chocolate, newspaper etc)
    • Keep the Student Specials going throughout the summer.
    Would it be an idea to market the deli through bulk text messaging at certain times of the day. For example, send text to customers around 12 noon regarding our lunch specials. Would people be annoyed to get such text messages? How many texts a week would be "enough"?

Does marketing on Facebook work. How many times a day would I need to update it? I'm swaying towards the text message option, but I know there is a cost to it.

Anyone have any ideas on it, or previous experience? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Why are you only trying to target customers in a 200m radius?

I would stop the student specials when the schools are all finished. Do you have companies that you could approach and offer specials to that they could order there lunch either the day before or that morning and you have it ready for them at lunch or start up a small delivery service from 12 - 2.

Research shows that the majority of ppl decide on lunch and dinner in the morning so if you were sending out a text you would need to send it out before 12 id go with 10. I wouldnt send out to many texts you will only annoy ppl. Remember also you need ppl to sign up or give you there number to receive texts and also provide an opt out solution for them.

I find facebook to be a great form of advertising and well worth it.

Have you done any research to see where the majority of people near you go for lunch? What type of food do they go for? Whats your competition like and are people aware that you have a deli?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

I'm a sucker for deals on coffee and tea so maybe some special offer on those might get a few extra customers in and you never know if your deli is appealing looking enough you will get some extra sales out of it

Advertisement