Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are repeats and results for them?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Final year, failed one exam D:

Never repeated an exam before and currently filling out an application form where they want to know what month my final results are going to be out (well, I already know what they'll be considering I have my results for all other subjects and I'll be getting 40 marks for the repeat but I figure it'd be best to answer with the technically accurate date)

So when are the repeats? August? And results in September or October? Something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Repeats are generally the last fortnight in August, results the week before college starts back afair. So results by 20th ish of September at the latest.

Also, you'll get an email in July with the date of the repeat. Hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Lord Bafford

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Final year, failed one exam D:

Never repeated an exam before and currently filling out an application form where they want to know what month my final results are going to be out (well, I already know what they'll be considering I have my results for all other subjects and I'll be getting 40 marks for the repeat but I figure it'd be best to answer with the technically accurate date)

So when are the repeats? August? And results in September or October? Something like that?

What grade do you expect to achieve overall?

Are you one of those scrape a pass degree types?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

They know what grade they'll have once they pass the repeat, as repeats are capped at 40 and they have all their other results.

And your second question is downright rude - for all you (or I) know, they could have a first even with failing something. It can happen. No need to be so condescending.

They know what grade they'll have once they pass the repeat, as repeats are capped at 40 and they have all their other results.

And your second question is downright rude - for all you (or I) know, they could have a first even with failing something. It can happen. No need to be so condescending.

That wasn't my intention. :rolleyes:

I was merely attempting to ascertain whether the poor chap had a slice of misfortune or is simply a wastrel taking up a university space.

If the former is the case I wish him the best of luck in his endeavors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

That wasn't my intention. :rolleyes:

I was merely attempting to ascertain whether the poor chap had a slice of misfortune or is simply a wastrel taking up a university space.

If the former is the case I wish him the best of luck in his endeavors.

No it was defo condescending. And considering it's his final year and he's never had to repeat an exam you shouldn't even have to answer the question.

Like if someone asked me that this year while I was repeating the year I would have never spoken to them again

No it was defo condescending. And considering it's his final year and he's never had to repeat an exam you shouldn't even have to answer the question.

Like if someone asked me that this year while I was repeating the year I would have never spoken to them again

Get over yourself.:rolleyes:

If I say there was no intention to condescend, then that's final.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I'll have a 2h1 in physics and it was definitely condescending, whether that was your intention or not.

ríomhaire wrote: »
    I'll have a 2h1 in physics and it was definitely condescending, whether that was your intention or not.

Well then you failed to detect the true intention of my post. :rolleyes:

It looks like failure is becoming a recurring theme for you...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lord Bafford tone down the posting or else there will be a week off for you - your post was condescending in nature whether you meant it to be or not, and what you say here is not actually final

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement