Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Nenagh?

Options
  • 19-06-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey there. Im just wondering what gyms there are in Nenagh? ..

What are they like in terms of help, guidance, cost, and the general age groups of people attending them?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Trinity Leisure in the Abbey Court is a great place
    Fine gym, pool, steam room. Staff are helpful

Annual cost is €580. Not cheap
    So it's up to you if it's worth it, if you go a few times every week it's reasonable
    http://www.abbeycourt.ie/media/gnh/ABY-1030/docs/leisure-centre-membership-special-2012.pdf

They open at 7:30am so you might be able to head before work

The pool up the road has a very basic gym
    http://www.nenaghtc.ie/ser_lei_pool.html
    Think it used to be a fiver for gym n'swim, pay as you go

I have no idea if Glebe Lane Studios is still open, I used to be a member there.
    Great staff, was a small place so the staff know everyone there :)
    Was a bit mad as I think it used to be a shortcut from Kenyon St carpark out to the street and people would walk through it! Sweating away and shoppers walking past you
    Sure have a look and check them out. They could be gone, I'm not sure

If you're into cycling check out the Wheelers
    They are always out and about
    Cycling around the hills of Portroe will ever get you fit or kill ya in the attempt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

think both pools are around the same cost.. if you know someone who is a member of the abbey court gym you can go in with them and dont need to be a member then..ofc u still need to pay i believe (though i think they can bring someone in free every so often - encourages new sign ups i guess)
    you can probably just walk in and pay a few euro at the door anyways.
    didnt realise it was that cost for the year.. pretty steep.. i used to just go to the pool up the road from it. water is water at the end of the day to me..
    there does be pilates and stuff going on around locally every so often too. think it was the local paper i used to see that in.. or the countless amounts of rubbish people used to go around putting in my door

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

kenyard wrote: »
    think both pools are around the same cost.. if you know someone who is a member of the abbey court gym you can go in with them and dont need to be a member then..ofc u still need to pay i believe (though i think they can bring someone in free every so often - encourages new sign ups i guess)
    you can probably just walk in and pay a few euro at the door anyways.
    didnt realise it was that cost for the year.. pretty steep.. i used to just go to the pool up the road from it. water is water at the end of the day to me..
    there does be pilates and stuff going on around locally every so often too. think it was the local paper i used to see that in.. or the countless amounts of rubbish people used to go around putting in my door

members of the Abbey Court gym do get some free tokens for guests, but outside of that guests must pay €10 (€7 for a student) and as far as I'm aware must be accompanied by a member. Shockingly expensive imo.

Advertisement