Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to build a Pc

Options
  • 19-06-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

I am planning on building my first pc. Im looking to build one for around 450 euro and I am planning to upgrade it to a gaming pc(install a graphics card) in a few months time or a years time but for now I dont need a graphics card due to the processor. I included some prices at the end that I had previously got. Does anyone have any better recommendations?

1. What is your budget? aiming at 450(max 500)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? ] General use(internet, etc), Programming. I am planning to upgrade it eventually in a few months so it will run games but I dont need a graphics card for now due to the processor.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not planning to

8. How can you pay? Bank transfer/Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? Hopefully in a months time

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
    Dont need help.

Item|Price
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€32.10
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.64
    LG GH24NS bare schwarz|€16.43
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€37.72
    Samsung HD253GJ 250GB|€52.61
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€209.99
    ASRock H61M-S (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€40.79
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€451.27

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Get this motherboard instead:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/DDR3/59322/ASRock+Z77+Pro3%2C+Sockel+1155%2C+ATX.article

The current one you have doesn't allow for overclocking, so it defeats the purpose of getting a K processor. The rest looks good, though are you sure you are ok with a 250GB hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭dav09

Yeah Ill definetly consider that. The 250gb hard drive will do fine. I also have a 500gb external hard drive if I need it. Thanks

Edit: I think I would need a new heatsink as I dont think the stock Intel heatsink would not be able to handle overclocking

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Should get a 64GB SSD like the Samsung 830 if you have an external HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭dav09

Should get a 64GB SSD like the Samsung 830 if you have an external HDD.
    Yeah that probably would make more sense, thanks.

Advertisement