Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing the pet to France

• 19-06-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am looking for some advice with regard to bringing our pet Bichon Frise to France with us this summer in our campervan. We bring her away all the time around Ireland but I am a little concerned about 3 weeks in France. We had her passport and she has had all the shots but just think that 3 weeks might be a bit too long for her. Would appreciate to hear any tips etc. from anyone who has been to France in a campervan with their pet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

colmll wrote: »
    I am looking for some advice with regard to bringing our pet Bichon Frise to France with us this summer in our campervan. We bring her away all the time around Ireland but I am a little concerned about 3 weeks in France. We had her passport and she has had all the shots but just think that 3 weeks might be a bit too long for her. Would appreciate to hear any tips etc. from anyone who has been to France in a campervan with their pet.
    You should have no problems,we have a boxer and as long as she is with us and has plenty of water she is great,it's just the same as being at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭colmll

Thanks for that Dorts, Did ye leave the dog in the campervan at night if ye went out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Talk to your vet,,,we have the same dog and our vet only said last week not to bring to France,,he reckoned the ferry alone with be terrifiying for him,,as you know the type of attention they need,,but as i said ask your vet,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

He also said that because there are so many dogs on the campsites its very easy for them to pick up diseases there that we wouldnt be too familiar with here,,,now haveing said that he may have said these things as ours is only 5 months old,,weather that would have anything to do with it i dont know,,

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

colmll wrote: »
    Thanks for that Dorts, Did ye leave the dog in the campervan at night if ye went out?
    We travel with Celtic link ferries because the dog can stay in the camper, you can go down twice to let her go to the toilet.We go in September and it is not too warm, She stays in the camper if we go out and we leave the windows open.plenty of water again we don't be out too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭colmll

elaverty wrote: »
    He also said that because there are so many dogs on the campsites its very easy for them to pick up diseases there that we wouldnt be too familiar with here,,,now haveing said that he may have said these things as ours is only 5 months old,,weather that would have anything to do with it i dont know,,

Thanks for that, I think I'll take your advice and talk to the Vet.

Advertisement