Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best over the counter cigar brand

Options
  • 19-06-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

whats your opinion of the best of the generally available cigars from supermarkets, newsagents ect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 htcocacola

Henri wintermans half corona are a good one and easy to pick up most places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

King edward specials for me. Can't beat having one with a cup of coffee :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Partagas

Not many I'm afraid, If you manage to find a well stocked Off Licence, they will have a Humidor on display, should be able to pick up a Decent Cuban for around a Tenner...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Partagas wrote: »
    Not many I'm afraid, If you manage to find a well stocked Off Licence, they will have a Humidor on display, should be able to pick up a Decent Cuban for around a Tenner...

+1

Have to say a Cuban flying pig, robusto, is a show finisher for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

nanook wrote: »
    +1

Have to say a Cuban flying pig, robusto, is a show finisher for me.

Aren't the flying pig cigars Nicaraguan blends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yep, it's not Cuban. The filler is a blend of Dominican, Honduran and Nicaraguan. Nice smoke though but I'm a sucker for a maduro.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

TomCo wrote: »
    Aren't the flying pig cigars Nicaraguan blends?

Did not know that, I got the lst couple from the Shop in Grafton St (do not want to break any rules) and i thought it was cuban.

My god they are a nice cigar. good draw and decent taste.

Have one more in the humidor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You won't be breaking any rules by naming a shop where you purchased cigars.

tHB

You won't be breaking any rules by naming a shop where you purchased cigars.

tHB

I have to pay for them so until they sponsor my discreet pleasure, I aint naming them :)

If the shop is on Graft it kinda narrows the choice down to...1. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

OldGoat wrote: »
    If the shop is on Graft it kinda narrows the choice down to...1. :-)

There's 3 as far as I know. Cigar emporium, Peterson's & Fox's

The smell of cigars and freshly ground coffee. It's like heaven.

If you could smoke one then it would be.

face1990 wrote: »
    There's 3 as far as I know. Cigar emporium, Peterson's & Fox's
    Arn't Foxs and Patersons on College Green? Or have I been misnaming that street all my life?
    /Runs to Google Map

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

OldGoat wrote: »
    Arn't Foxs and Patersons on College Green? Or have I been misnaming that street all my life?
    /Runs to Google Map

I'm afraid you have been! Grafton Street starts at the junction with College Green (i.e. the junction in front of Trinity's main gate), not just the pedestrianised bit.
    The reason I know is that the businesses along that stretch are often eager to point out their grafton street address!

Embarrassed now.
    Oh well, as Mod here I'll just nip back to my earlier posts and delete them to hide my shame. :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Or change your name to GoatOfInsufficientAgeToRememberGraftonStreetAsOneContinuousUnpedestrianisedStretch :)

I'm old enough to remember being stuck in traffic jams on Grafton Street. :)
    I just assumed that Grafton Street ended at the Suffolk Street junction. Then again I never really learned Dublin geography. Everywhere was landmarked by drinking holes. The end of Grafton Street was defined by "It's near Bruxelles, before you get to O'Neills. If you reach the Bankers you've gone too far."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Transjudgeroybeania. North Thingmoteistan.

Advertisement