Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confidence lost after Skateboard fall

Options
  • 20-06-2012 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Started skating again about a month ago after roughly 4 years off it. Managed to avoid getting hurt while falling, for the most part, but only yesterday landed very badly on my left ankle and ended up badly damaging ligaments, I've been advised to rest it for 3 weeks or so but I honestly cant see myself staying off the board for that long, my only problem is that now my confidence is gone and I really dont know if I'll feel comfortable on the board again. How can I gain confidence again? Just by skating around and building up slowly again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BAKER95

I had a bad fall too and damaged the muscle in my knee and i was also given tablets and told to stay off the board for a while , i gave it a week ( bearly ) and i felt ok again so i started skateboarding again , the pains are coming back and i'd advise you to rest for as long as you can i found it hard to stay still , as far as getting confidence goes i'd say take it easy and slowly get back into trying new tricks .

• Registered Users Posts: 35 billykwok

Hiya where do you usually skate when you are just starting off?

Advertisement