Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worker treating me bad

Options
  • 20-06-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I've come here because I am a young guy aged 26 who is quite low and upset at the moment at work. I am treated horribly by this female worker who is in her early 50"s. There are 5 of us working together I get on great with the other three but this one can snap at me many a time and usually I don't see it coming. She would be all nice to me one moment and on the other hand could snap at me for something I might say or if i asked her for a favor or to do something and it wouldnt be offensive or anything. I am young and quite low on confidence and generally just come in to work to do my job, get paid and leave. I can't understand her personality. Can someone help me here. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

If you just come and do your work get paid and go home your not looking for her to be a friend so just tell her to fcuk off next time she pisses you off. I have worked with a few bossy boot aul ones who think its there job to annoy and belittle others, best nip it in the bud early or it will never stop and if she is like that with your other co workers you will probably gain their respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Early 50s? She's probably in menopause land!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Does she think you are trying to get her to do your job? Like why do you need her to do you a favour?
    I get that here to, I am asked to send emails for people because "it takes too long to write out on my phone" when they are on the road doing sales calls.
    It's not part of my job and it is very annoying, and to be honest I feel sexist as they wouldn't ask another guy to do it! Always me. I'm not a PA nor a secretary!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Talk your manager about it.

It's his/her job to make sure that colleagues treat you well-enough.

Oh - and don't ask your one for favours! No need to bring trouble on yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

JustMary wrote: »
    Talk your manager about it.

It's his/her job to make sure that colleagues treat you well-enough.

Oh - and don't ask your one for favours! No need to bring trouble on yourself.

Cheers for all advice. I just don't know what to do exactly. I have offen felt like telling her to f off but I have to work with her every day and if I lost it with her which I am very capable of it would look stupid and unprofessional on my behalf, so I just dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

So have you spoken to your manager yet?

Do it today, and let us know how it goes.

Advertisement