Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Substitute for Bread and Potatoes

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

rice cakes and foods with rice are a great weight loss aid to me in my fight against more high calorific value carbs,rice is the way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭rocky

SheFiend wrote: »

Many believe potatoes contribute to weight gain because the starch is converted to glucose in the body and causes a spike in blood sugar levels.

Many believe veggie oils/butter/animal fat contribute to weight gain because the fat is converted to is already fat and readily stored without any less efficient conversion processes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Payton

Is it ok to have wholegrain rice/pasta instead of white rice/pasta?
    I'm going to try sweet potatoes this week, I do eat healthy but have the occasional slip but really trying to get into some routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is it ok to have wholegrain rice/pasta instead of white rice/pasta?
    I'm going to try sweet potatoes this week, I do eat healthy but have the occasional slip but really trying to get into some routine.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between the pasta.

Do you like cauliflower? I replaced rice in all my dishes with cauliflower rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Payton

Yes I like cauliflower, TBH I never heard of cauliflower rice.....but sounds nice :-)

Yes I like cauliflower, TBH I never heard of cauliflower rice.....but sounds nice :-)
    Very easy to make and filling.

Loads of recipes online. I've made a cauliflower pizza base as well. Really tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    lynchy101 wrote: »
    Or else just eat bread.

Calories in < Calories out is the ONLY thing that matters in weightloss.

People who still believe this are probably the ones who find it so hard to lose weight

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this caught my eye. I have been trying to lose weight for over 6 months now. I was doing weight watchers but changed to calorie counting and with all the ups and downs, I am only down 4lb since January. I have over 5 stone to lose so I just don't understand why I am not losing :(

Monife wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but this caught my eye. I have been trying to lose weight for over 6 months now. I was doing weight watchers but changed to calorie counting and with all the ups and downs, I am only down 4lb since January. I have over 5 stone to lose so I just don't understand why I am not losing :(

Post up your height, weight, and typical diet. Might want to create a new thread though :)

Post up your height, weight, and typical diet. Might want to create a new thread though :)

Yeah, i'll create a new one, don't want to de-rail this one any further.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Yeah, i'll create a new one, don't want to de-rail this one any further.

Link to new thread for any knowledgeable foodies that want to give me some advice http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79518964#post79518964

Thanks a mil :)

Advertisement