Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC-1100 euro

Options
  • 20-06-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

So finally going to buy a new desktop. Have a decent grasp of whats needed, but thought I'd double check with you guys also not sure which brand of GPU,SSD,monitor is best.
    Anyway, what I have in mind so far is i5-2500k/3570k,ATI 7850,8GB ram,SDD+HDD,shinobi case. Also I'll need a wireless card included with the price, but I might take it out, moving house soon so I'll have to see what the set up is like there. I'd like the computer to be as future proof as possible for the price.

1. What is your budget?
    €1100

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Gaming as well as the normal stuff. Want to almost max out new games at 1920x1080.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    Yes, will get from software for students

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    Yes, PSU, Corsair VX 550w

5. Do you need a monitor?
    Yes.

5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    20ish

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    Keyboard, mouse, speakers. Will get elsewhere

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Yes, intend to do so

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]
    Any of the above.

9. When are you purchasing?
    Within 2 weeks max.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]
    Don't need help building.

So that's that, thanks in advance for whatever suggestions/advice you have.

Comments

Advertisement