Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who has the best defense in the Euros?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Spain
    Denmark's first came from a cross from Portugal's left side. VDV goal came from the left as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Greece
    Renn wrote: »
    Denmark's first came from a cross from Portugal's left side. VDV goal came from the left as well.

Denmark first goal came from headed cross from right side(Denmark's left side, Portugal's right side), second came from cross from left side/

How is VDV's goal from left side? If the field is divided into only right and left side, then yes it was from left side.

Still useless stat as he was not at fault for any goal.

Spain
    Yeah I've seen them already, thanks.

Greece
    Then I can't see how anyone can say VDV goal came from left side or Denmark's first goal, as Denmark's first goal was clearly from headed cross from right side.

Spain
    A quick search has landed this - http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/19/euro-2012-freedom-star-player
    But it is notable that every goal Portugal have conceded in this tournament has come from his flank: the cross for Mario Gomez's goal for Germany, the crosses for both Nicklas Bendtner's goals for Denmark and Arjen Robben's dart that led to Rafael van der Vaart's goal for Holland.

Greece
    Renn wrote: »

You can see the simulation that I posted and judge yourself.

If field is divided only into right and left sides then VDV's goal is from left side, so is cross that led to first Denmark goal.

Lazy journalism.

Spain
    I can see the real thing and judge.

And Wilson doesn't tend to do lazy journalism in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Spain
    I'd have to go for John Terry. His defence team somehow got his case put back til the Euro's are finished, beat that Lionel Hutz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

spain as a defensive unit are phenomenal really, give the opposition no time on the ball and players who cant play in tight spaces are completely found out against them, thats 8 games in a row in knock out tournament football where they have not conceded, completely shut out france today, did france even get a chance?, cabayes free kick or debuchys header was as close as they got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Greece
    France were absolutely piss poor tonight in fairness, same as the Sweden game. Spain looked tired and France let them off the hook big time, now Im not saying they would have beaten them, but they were just disgraceful.

Just to add however, I do agree with your overall assesment, as a defensive unit they are very good. The high pressing and swamping teams has worked very well for them, the best form of defence is indeed attack :)

Advertisement