Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Irish iTunes Cards Online From Overseas?

• 20-06-2012 4:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

I'm currently in New Zealand and was wondering if there is a way to buy Irish iTunes cards online somewhere where the redeem code is emailed upon purchase? I was told if I changed my iTunes account to an NZ account my iPod touch would wipe. I don't have my laptop with me so I think tis might be my only option without erasing the contents of my Touch.

Also, does anyone have any recommended games to download? I was thinking of GTA 3 etc. Any must have paid apps? Final Fantasy good on IOS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you got anyone in Ireland who you could PayPal the amount and ask them to buy a gift card from a shop and email you the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If you have no credit balance on your current account you should be able to just switch to the NZ store on that account without losing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I'm currently in New Zealand and was wondering if there is a way to buy Irish iTunes cards online somewhere where the redeem code is emailed upon purchase? I was told if I changed my iTunes account to an NZ account my iPod touch would wipe. I don't have my laptop with me so I think tis might be my only option without erasing the contents of my Touch.

Also, does anyone have any recommended games to download? I was thinking of GTA 3 etc. Any must have paid apps? Final Fantasy good on IOS?

You won't lose anything by switching to another account.I am constantly switching between my Irish and US accounts and there's never a bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Ok so I've got 25 cent on my Irish account and it won't let me change region until I've used it up. Any apps for 25 cent?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Ok so I've got 25 cent on my Irish account and it won't let me change region until I've used it up. Any apps for 25 cent?

Nope minimum charge is 79c. You'd need to have an associated Irish credit card to take the excess and then you could change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What happens to your purchase history if you do switch regions? I mean, lets say you have several apps, songs, etc, that are only available on the Irish iTunes Store, will you no longer be able to update or re-download them after changing region?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭squonk

Yes, if you download an app from the US store and then revert back to your Irish store, you'll only receive updates for the apps purchased through the Irish store. In order to update the US app you'll have to log back into your US account every so often to check if updates are available for your US apps.

One interesting thing I discovered at the weekend is that if multiple accounts are both backed by the same credit card, updates are processed for both accounts. For instance, I set up an iPad for my parents and, because they don't know or don't want to buy apps, I specified my credit card when setting up their Apple ID. After that I logged onto my account to grab a few of my own paid apps that I'd already purchased so that I could get them onto their iPad. I reckoned that, like the store switch, I could update the apps using my own account every so often. At the weekend I was home however and ran a quick update. One of the paid apps from my account had an update specified for it. It updated on the iPad without having to switch back to my own account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, that's having two separate iTunes accounts. I meant if you change the region of your existing iTunes account.

Ok, I mailed iTunes support and they're going to wipe the €0.25 from my account so that I can change region. My g/f changed yesterday (she had no existing balance) and it works perfectly for her now.

What are the must have games to buy? Preferably game centre games. I'm thinking Sonic but not sure what else are good.

Temple Run, Hero Academy and New Star Soccer are taking up all my time (and battery life).

• Advertisement

Sorted. Cheers for the advice. I just downloaded GTA III. What a game! It's the same as I remembered. I was afraid the touch controls would ruin it but they're really well implemented. Are any other GTA titles (apart from CT Wars) coming to iOS?

Advertisement