Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The kids these days...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Can anyone link to the thread on /b/? The one I found on pastebin isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

scroll through, i found it on page 3 or so. Links dont seem to be working to it, they closed one thread earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

bb1234567 wrote: »
    http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/contact.cfm?school=0
    Help by filing a complaint to Greece National District school here about the video.

Complaint filed. Nothing will likely come of it, but it takes only a minute & the more people that do it the more chance of this being taken seriously

Hmmm just getting an error screen. Thanks anyway!

Although I do think these kids are total scumbags for what they did, and I hope they get a rightful punishment, I think posting up addresses and phone numbers of their family members is going way OTT.

Although I do think these kids are total scumbags for what they did, and I hope they get a rightful punishment, I think posting up addresses and phone numbers of their family members is going way OTT.

They probably should have thought of that then before videoing it & putting it on the web to embarass the lady further. That would involve thinking though, fair game I say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

No they deserve whatever happens to them. They threatened to stab the old woman and egg her house and piss on her door, hopefully all those things will happen to them. Anyway how did they get the addresses and phone numbers!?

EnterNow wrote: »
    They probably should have thought of that then before videoing it & putting it on the web to embarass the lady further. That would involve thinking though, fair game I say.
    No they deserve whatever happens to them. They threatened to stab the old woman and egg her house and piss on her door, hopefully all those things will happen to them. Anyway how did they get the addresses and phone numbers!?

I agree that the kids deserve what's coming to them, but people were posting phone numbers of their siblings, one of their brother's girlfriends, etc. That's absolutely crazy, they didn't ask for any of that. Nor did their parents. Now I know the parents have to be at fault in some way for raising little shits like that but I just think with the mob mentality of 4chan, Reddit, etc., the whole posting of their addresses is dangerous.

Sure the poor old woman's address was posted too. Although most of the online world are championing her at the moment, who's to say what someone might do knowing where an elderly woman lives.

I also read on Reddit that one of the kids' names that was revealed is actually wrong and he had nothing to do with it.

I agree that the kids deserve what's coming to them, but people were posting phone numbers of their siblings, one of their brother's girlfriends, etc. That's absolutely crazy, they didn't ask for any of that. Nor did their parents. Now I know the parents have to be at fault in some way for raising little shits like that but I just think with the mob mentality of 4chan, Reddit, etc., the whole posting of their addresses is dangerous.

Sure the poor old woman's address was posted too. Although most of the online world are championing her at the moment, who's to say what someone might do knowing where an elderly woman lives.

I also read on Reddit that one of the kids' names that was revealed is actually wrong and he had nothing to do with it.

I see what you mean, & no, they didn't ask for this & don't deserve it. But the lady in the video also never asked for it, & certainly didn't deserve the verbal assault inflicted upon her, & she certainly didn't want it shown to the world.

Some might say what goes around comes around, all I can hope though is that this will teach those involved about the responsibilities of their actions in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I emailed the headmaster (David.Richardson@greece.k12.ny.us) and the superintendent of the school district (BARBARA.DEANE-WILLIAMS@greece.k12.ny.us) to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, i did start to think it was going a bit too far. They were posting their Parents work places and work colleagues too...

The guy they thought had nothing to do with it, was the guy making the Video, "Luiz" or something like that. He was saying he filmed it to show how bad they were to her. Other people on the bus said that was BS. That he was one of the main instigators, and he is the main instigator in the other video uploaded by the same guy afterwards.

What they did was appalling, and disgusting etc.. But to film it and upload it (As EnterNow said) is even more deranged. (Admittedly I didn't even think of that until EnterNow pointed it out). They obviously weren't thinking, or didn't think what they had done was a bad thing.. Also i don't know how much the parents actually are to blame, as kids probably can hide this type of behaviour easily enough, and only act that way as a group. So in that sense, i'd say it is partly society's fault, letting them thing that this somehow is cool. ~ i.e. I don't think that the parents

Although the outrage it has caused, has proven that society doesn't..

And they are apparently all "from a nice background."

Little cnts.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    And they are apparently all "from a nice background."

Little cnts.

It can be the same over here, just because your posh doesn't make you any less capable of scum bag behaviour, & I've seen and met plenty of posh people who I'd class as scumbags.

EnterNow wrote: »
    It can be the same over here, just because your posh doesn't make you any less capable of scum bag behaviour, & I've seen and met plenty of posh people who I'd class as scumbags.

Totally agree. I wrote that because they mentioned it once or twice on the radio.

Probably thought they were somehow entitled to abuse this lady.

EDIT:

I was just sent the video there in a link from my mother, (Who i had sent it to earlier :confused: ) So i watched it(ish). I just noticed they are also abusing her for being poor, at around 7:45 in the video onwards. They ask how much is her handbag, and that they'll buy it off her poor-ass.. Then when she says she knows where they live (her only form of defence), they make 'all-scared' noises and abuse her some more..

Funny thing is, that they are petrified now i'd say..

NEWS LINK

NEWS CONFERENCE VIDEO (Disable AdBlock to watch)

I swear, i would beat them, and regret it later..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OhLongJohnson

4Chan are making a big fuss over this so it's safe to say that these guys are going to get what's coming to them.

On a nice note, an IndieGoGo fund was set up for the lady being bullied, Karen Klein, to send her on a vacation. Its goal was $5,000, it's already received over $7,000 and is rising extremely rapidly and it's open for another 30 days. Fund is here: http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=pledges

It's really remarkable how quickly the internet communities can come together. In one regard, for punishment as those lads will truly receive and for good, as Ms.Klein will.

It's a shame this was moved from After Hours though. This isn't just another video and it's a bit disappointing that it's being treated as such.

^^^^
    I'll be contributing to that (Albeit a small amount).

It seems these kids are all rich and very spoiled.. Reading more into who they are and where they're from, sounds like they'll probably get a rap on the knuckles, and it'll all be swept under a rug. Mommy and Daddy will pay for it to be rubbed out..

Sadder..
    Local news just reported: 13WHAM's Patrice Walsh spoke with Karen Wednesday afternoon. Klein said the comment that hurt the most was when the kids said "you're so ugly your kid should kill themselves." Her son took his life 10 years ago.
    LINK

Just noticed this..

She doesn't want to see anything happen to the kids, except maybe that they be grounded all summer, or for the year. She didn't hear most of the taunts because she is hearing impaired, It wasn't until she watched the video..

LINK

I'm honestly shocked by this.. I think this is the most active i've been in a thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OhLongJohnson

If you're familiar with the antics of 4Chan you'll know it's not the official punishment they receive that they have to worry about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

On a nice note, an IndieGoGo fund was set up for the lady being bullied, Karen Klein, to send her on a vacation. Its goal was $5,000, it's already received over $7,000 and is rising extremely rapidly and it's open for another 30 days. Fund is here: http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=pledges

It's just about to go over $42,000! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Alicat wrote: »
    It's just about to go over $42,000! :eek:

50 k now,and thats less than 40 mins later! At this rate in 30 days time karen could be a millionaire before we know it!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

This is a very sad video to watch. I hope their punishment is fitting and hopefully they really see the hurt they have caused this woman. Would be nice to see a video of them apologising to her... Kids are kids, studpid as they are sometimes. Everyone makes mistakes. Posting their families numbers and such is awful. Those that posted them are just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

$60,000! Amazing! Delighted for her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

winston82 wrote: »
    This is a very sad video to watch. I hope their punishment is fitting and hopefully they really see the hurt they have caused this woman. Would be nice to see a video of them apologising to her... Kids are kids, studpid as they are sometimes. Everyone makes mistakes. Posting their families numbers and such is awful. Those that posted them are just as bad.
    Just going by the money going to the women victim I can only assume the feeling for the people that did this goes the other way.
    I cant see them being able to live where they do now.

• Advertisement

Just saw this in AH, http://www.virgingalactic.com/booking/ she should take that holiday here ha ha ha! That would make for an amazing story!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/contact.cfm?school=0
    Help by filing a complaint to Greece National District school here about the video.

Complaint sent.I am genuinely sickened by those brats* and heartsick for that lady having to endure their sickening behaviour.Please file a complaint with the school if only ensure this kind of abuse doesn't happen again.

*If I posted what I really want to refer to them as I'd probably end up banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

On a nice note, an IndieGoGo fund was set up for the lady being bullied, Karen Klein, to send her on a vacation. Its goal was $5,000, it's already received over $7,000 and is rising extremely rapidly and it's open for another 30 days. Fund is here:

86k now. Soon enough she'll be able to buy her own island and possibly even a plane to fly out to it.

Whatever about 4Chan's actions, I'd like to see something official happening. I only really watched 2 minutes in total but the abuse she got in those few minutes was terrible. No one should have to put up with that sort of sustained abuse.

That fundraising is now at over $100k. The guy who opened that indiegogo account now has all that money in his possession basically :confused: He said he's trying to get in contact with her to pass on the details but that's a lot of trust people have placed in him...

I think he has it signed over to her daughter now...

Oh that's good, it's hard to follow that thread on Reddit to know what's going on.

I reckon that she'll give a lot of that money to charity.

****ing kids these days.
    The PC brigade would no doubt take away their iphone for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

One comment from a boy on the bus was especially hurtful because he said Klein "didn't have a family because they all killed themselves because they didn't want to be near you."

Klein's oldest son took his own life ten years ago.

Absolute horrible cretins. I'm usually the sort of person people would consider to be in the 'PC Brigade'. Yeah, their behaviour stem from their home life, but plenty of people from bad backgrounds are nice, well-rounded people.

These kids are just scumbags. They should be expelled, for a start.

I'll be shocked if they're not suspended. The school has got some awful publicity over this and they'll be doing as much as they can to distance themselves from this incident.

• Advertisement

brummytom wrote: »
    Yeah, their behaviour stem from their home life, but plenty of people from bad backgrounds are nice, well-rounded people.

These kids are just scumbags. They should be expelled, for a start.

You can't say it stems from their home life though, because I know of plenty of people from good backgrounds, & they're still scumbags. Some people are just toe-rags, whether they come from a nice background or not.

Totally agree re expulsion, should be a first step. Given the culture in the US for compensation, it wouldn't surprise me if the lady in the video could do a lot more about it if she wanted to

Advertisement