Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pigmentation On Face

• 20-06-2012 8:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

I've taken up cycling lots but was only wearing SPF15 on my face. I've realised it's too low and upped it to SPF30.

I've got pigmentation on my nose and upper lip. A few brands (Clinique and Dermalogica) have products to fix it but has anyone used them? Also can anyone suggest a sweat proof facial suncream?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I'm a long term cyclist and I find that my freckles pop out during the summer and fade during the winter. I've never tried any products to remove them.

I use Boots Soltan factor 30 during the winter and factor 50 during the summer under my make-up instead of a moisturiser. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and normal cheeks. I use primer over it and then the rest of my make-up.

Mineral make-up suits my skin best and doesn't tend to melt away. A good water-proof mascara and you're all set!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks, this is more for 100km cycles so no make up needed :) I'll try the Soltan.

I love the freckles, what I don't like and are totally new, are the patches of brown. One on my nose and one on my upper lip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

If you're doing 100km cycles, try one of the Boots Soltan kids suncreams. My husband used the Kids rapid cover spray during a 140km sportive and found it very effective, it didn't leave him feeling too sticky, but it did make him break out on his face. The facial suncream doesn't do that. You can also look out for one of the miniature sizes to put in a saddle bag or back pocket for top ups.

If you're using suncream on your face, don't trowel it on as it will try and run into your eyes. I've found the best way to use it is to put it on first thing in the morning and leave it to absorb.

I know I said that I use factor 50 in the summer, but realistically I switch to using it from late February to November. I've found that windburn can be just as much of a problem in Spring and also that by the time you can actually see pigmentation you should probably have been using a higher factor earlier.

Removal is just as important, I use a waterproof make-up remover after my face wash to get any last traces off. If you wear a helmet don't forget to wash the foam pads on the inside as they get pretty manky. I put mine in a laundry bag and wash with the rest of my kit at 30C.

Enjoy the rides!

Advertisement