Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Buggy

Options
  • 20-06-2012 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Trying to decide on a stroller for my 1 year old and have narrowed it down to Chicco Echo Stroller and the Maclaren Triumph.......anyone any thoughts on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

ooooh tough one....the McClaren's shopping basket looks bigger but the Chicco is 30 quid cheaper. The one thing I will say about the mcclaren is though, my sister in law inherited one from her sister, so it's 11 years old now and it's still in full use. I've even used it a couple of times on mine, so they are durable.

Do neither of them come with foot muffs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

ooooh tough one....the McClaren's shopping basket looks bigger but the Chicco is 30 quid cheaper. The one thing I will say about the mcclaren is though, my sister in law inherited one from her sister, so it's 11 years old now and it's still in full use. I've even used it a couple of times on mine, so they are durable.

Do neither of them come with foot muffs?

MacClaren all the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

oh dont know if they have footmuffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

How old is your little one? Maybe they don't need a foot muff? I just find them handy in the winter time.

He is 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Another vote for McLaren here. We bought a well-used older model from adverts.ie a few months back. Stuck everything bar the frame into the washing machine to take off the layers of goodness-knows-what and it's going great since; everything still works and no damage obvious despite years of use (previous lady had 2 kids). Smallie likes it much more than the big Britax 3-wheeler as he's not as enclosed and can see more. Only downside is the tiny shopping net; things have been known to fall out of it, whereas the Britax one is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Neither :o Petite Star Zia all the way in this house, would never buy a different stroller again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I love Chicco... My guy is 5 and I still have the Chicco in the cupboard under the stairs, I loved that buggy... So easy to manoeuvre. I also had another Chicco buggy that lasted for years both my boys were in that and we passed it onto a friend and it's still in use it's 7 years old.

I would go for the chicco lite way. Single wheels at the front don't get stuck. Very easy to manoeuvre. Lite weight. Very handy for town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The mcclaren stroller without a doubt. I got a quest secondhand including a footmuff and raincover and we pretty much use it all the time now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 3rd attempt at posting a reply.
    The Petit Zia is probably the best of the strollers out there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the comments but we went ahead and got the Maclaren

Advertisement