Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yay for Balleyvourney folk!

Options
  • 20-06-2012 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Long day trading at Sneem yesterday and stopped for perol at Amber before the Countess Road turn in Killarney.

I get help with petrol as arthritis is bad.

Set off then for Tesco, did the shopping and it was as I was loading it into the car that I saw the flap was open and the locking petrol cap was missing. Drove the mile or so back to Amber; he insisted he had put the cap back on etc etc then gave me E10 to buy another one and as all the shops were closed, sent me off back down the road to another garage.. who had no caps etc and were less than civil.

IMmediately thought of the garage at Balleyvourney , on the right coming from Killarney. Always polite and helpful and wil check tyres and water etc gladly.

Sure enough, the lad found a petrol cap in the cabin and would not take money forit...

Maybe it was one he had forgotten to put on someone else's car!

But Cork gets the thanks over Killarney.

Still wondering how the man at Amber managed to get the ignition key out pf the cap.. I was only in Tesco briefly and the car park is wide and open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

The Ballyvourneys are as decent as they come alright. Many's the good night was had with the mad hoors back there!

Advertisement