Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved Country. Not paying my mortgage anymore

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

durano wrote: »
    I was just just looking at the terms of the contract and you for some reason kept on saying there's no need to look back,it's like you don't actually understand the difference between looking "back for no reason" and looking "back at the terms of the contract".
    Glad to see you are amused:Dyou didn't sound amused earlier though,you sounded kinda angry.

wow you can tell my mood by my font? Super powers as well, I suppose most people with alter egos tend to have them.

You were looking back at something that has no relevance to anything talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭durano

Sleepy wrote: »
    Because you agreed to, signed a contract to and are morally and legally obliged to.
    Morally obliged to honour a contract to pay for a house?That's a new one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Because you agreed to, signed a contract to and are morally and legally obliged to.

The only way you can legally default on these mortgages is if the bank agree to this whilst in full possession of the facts of your situation or if you're unable to service them and sacrifice all your assets to make as much restitution towards your creditors as possible under bankruptcy proceedings.

So, what you're proposing is illegal. It's akin to me asking why I shouldn't torch my car and claim on the insurance since it's not worth what I paid for it any more....
    he's not legally obliged you mope

donalg1 wrote: »
    wow you can tell my mood by my font? Super powers as well, I suppose most people with alter egos tend to have them.

You were looking back at something that has no relevance to anything talking nonsense.
    you have the same font as everyone else. you cant change font. are you saying you never have never will default on a marriage/loan?

Sure,the actual terms of the contract he signed have no relevance to anything,pure nonsense to think they have.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

I did borrow too much on credit cards, personal loans etc. and I'll be paying those back for the next 3 years or so. That's my responsibility: I took out loans, signed contracts and am obliged to uphold my side of those agreements.

I'm fairly sure you can welsh on these as I assume they are unsecured.
    You may damage your credit rating for a few years, but you are unlikely to be borrowing anything anyway if you intended to try to pay them off over the next few years anyway.
    You would be a right eejit not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Clearly the person has no morals, no sense of responsibility, no honesty, and ireland is better off without him.

After he has paid what he owes of course; every last cent of it.

Reminds me of the person who bought my old cottage when it was decided it was too expensive to repair and I too old. They tried to get in before completion, which we wisely refused thankfully, seeing their true nature later, promised the money and then at the last minute decided to drop the offer by some E10,000.

By then we had refused other offers and by then the housing crash had started, as they well knew.

Our agent was upset; said that there is no honour these days.

Manipulating people as the OP is doing ...Not good in any way. Inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Where in a mortgage contract does it specify anything about morality. If the OP doesn't pay, it's up to the bank to persue him/her for the outstanding, if they can't do this or it's not financially viable, they'll write down the debt. They factor this into the cost of their loans, if they haven't factored in enough for these bad debts it's the banks responsibility. They don't do this for moral reasons, they do it to make loadzaaaa money. And when they they mess this up big schtyle, we are stupid enough to bail them out, so they can go on making loadza money. If the situation comes about where the OP can walk away from this scott free (remember they are losing money on this) due to the negative equity, why shouldn't they. If you want to talk about morality, the auld Bible is not exactly in favour of money lending in the first place, so yer all going to hell anyway.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Clearly the person has no morals, no sense of responsibility, no honesty, and ireland is better off without him.

Reminds me of the person who bought my old cottage when it was decided it was too expensive to repair and I too old. They tried to get in before completion, which we wisely refused thankfully, seeing their true nature later, promised the money and then at the last minute decided to drop the offer by some E10,000.

By then we had refused other offers and by then the housing crash had started, as they well knew.

Honour is for those that can afford it,you were gazumped and if your agent was worth their salt they would have protected you from such.
    Let me guess,you expected the buyer to pay peak prices for your gaff when the crash was in full swing because they promised to?
    Naive and foolish are the applicable words here not honesty and responsibility.You'll probably make the same mistake again cause you still think the buyer was at fault.

Where in a mortgage contract does it specify anything about morality. If the OP doesn't pay, it's up to the bank to persue him/her for the outstanding, if they can't do this or it's not financially viable, they'll write down the debt. They factor this into the cost of their loans, if they haven't factored in enough for these bad debts it's the banks responsibility. They don't do this for moral reasons, they do it to make loadzaaaa money. And when they they mess this up big schtyle, we are stupid enough to bail them out, so they can go on making loadza money. If the situation comes about where the OP can walk away from this scott free (remember they are losing money on this) due to the negative equity, why shouldn't they. If you want to talk about morality, the auld Bible is not exactly in favour of money lending in the first place, so yer all going to hell anyway.
    at least somebody has some common sense.
    god help us the day our primary motive to pay off our mortgage is to be morally fulfilled - then we truly would be the sheep they so desperately want us to be.

• Advertisement

Who is the OP manipulating? While I feel bad for you that you missed the bubble, especially if you needed to sell due to circumstance, the housing market had started to collapse, that was a smart move by them to jump ship. Whos to say what they would have done if it hadn't. Whos to say they wouldn't have lost their jobs and had to give up the house to the bank etc etc, they made the right move. Just bad luck on your part with the timing I'm afraid, sometimes life can be cruel alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Highly Salami

Caveat lendor

I guess what you're saying is despite that person not being legally obliged to complete the sale with you, 'morally' they should have paid out the (most likely) grossly overvalued price to you which then could have cost them their jobs, severely reduced their standard of living and caused them a lot of grief down the road.

At least they would have been morally sound.

tunedout wrote: »
    I guess what you're saying is despite that person not being legally obliged to complete the sale with you, 'morally' they should have paid out the (most likely) grossly overvalued price to you which then could have cost them their jobs, severely reduced their standard of living and caused them a lot of grief down the road.

At least they would have been morally sound.

Ah yes.
    That would fit the kind of deal you do?

This was a second home for them, and none of the immoral ideas you put forward apply.

For many of us here, our word is our bond and it is not a good thing to demand a huge reduction at point of signing. NB this was a small old cottage they wanted to do up as a hobby. At a very low price thus already.

So don't judge us by YOUR standards.

Some of us here are decent honest people.

That couple cheated and knew they were doing it. And cheated pensioners at that.

Who is the OP manipulating? While I feel bad for you that you missed the bubble, especially if you needed to sell due to circumstance, the housing market had started to collapse, that was a smart move by them to jump ship. Whos to say what they would have done if it hadn't. Whos to say they wouldn't have lost their jobs and had to give up the house to the bank etc etc, they made the right move. Just bad luck on your part with the timing I'm afraid, sometimes life can be cruel alright.

See my other post.. second home for them so none of this applies. They took advantage of old folk and smart moves clearly are not honest or moral moves.

Life is not cruel; people like this are.

Which is what this thread is all about of course. Smart or decent. I know which I prefer. As both giver and receiver.

See my other post.. second home for them so none of this applies. They took advantage of old folk and smart moves clearly are not honest or moral moves.

Life is not cruel; people like this are.

Which is what this thread is all about of course. Smart or decent. I know which I prefer. As both giver and receiver.
    And which do you think they are happier being-smart or decent?

And which do you think they are happier being-smart or decent?

Why ask this? It is totally irrelevant to the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

Be careful with that bait.. you'll find there's a hook in there somewhere..

Oh right sorry,forget the only thing of relevance is how you feel.

Had they signed a contract? Up to that point they are free to do what they want, morality has nothing to do with it. Why the hell did you turn down other offers in the first place, where they lower or what? That was your mistake. You owed the people you held out for absolutely nothing, all they are trying to do is buy a house at the cheapest price they can get, outside forces intervened. You have now hopefully learnt from your mistake. Age is no excuse for this, you should have know all this from your years of experience.

• Advertisement

Morally they should have paid her boom time prices,sure that would have been the decent thing to do.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Will a mod please delete this f****in excuse of a thread!

UNSUBSCRIBE!

Damie wrote: »
    Will a mod please delete this f****in excuse of a thread!

UNSUBSCRIBE!
    Spoken like a true loser,your opinions have been shown to be nonsense so you ask for the thread to be removed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

And this, your hounour, is why Ireland's in the toilet. From the highest holder of public office, to the lowest cretin on a bulletin board, there's not a shred of acceptance of personal responsibility.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Spoken like a true loser,your opinions have been shown to be nonsense so you ask for the thread to be removed.:D

tG50B.gif

tunedout wrote: »

you have the same font as everyone else. you cant change font. are you saying you never have never will default on a marriage/loan?

That's exactly what I am saying I will never willingly default on a loan such as the op is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tara73 wrote: »
    ffs, it's the op's (your?) attitude which disgusts, nothing to debate about what was 4 years on or not.
    he is trying to screw around, thinking of bancruptcy to BUY ANOTHER HOUSE.
    @ durano:it really is annoying somebody defending such a f*** who even has the pervert attitude to ask on boards for advice on his stinky businesses.

but it's good to know experience in life showed 100 % sooner or later this dumb suckers will fail about their own stupidity.
    No need for name calling.
    kegzmc wrote: »
    Someone got out of the bed on the wrong side this morning. Less of the insults you silly sausage.
    Behave

I know I am still waiting for him to PM me her details so I can see if she wants to pay my mortgage for me.

When did you buy yer house Donal?

Was there actually any point to this and the follow up questions or were you just being nosy?

And this, your hounour, is why Ireland's in the toilet. From the highest holder of public office, to the lowest cretin on a bulletin board, there's not a shred of acceptance of personal responsibility.

I'm out.
    Ironically, we're actually in the toilet because we've taken too much responsibility and have decided to be responsible for the banks bad debts.
    But you can go around thinking that it has something got to do with an over indebted individual not taking personal responsibility if it makes you happy.:D

• Advertisement

That's exactly what I am saying I will never willingly default on a loan such as the op is doing.
    People,countries,businesses and all different forms of entities default on loans everyday of the week.In the real world sometimes things happen(like the greatest property crash in any western economy for 3 centuries or the greatest economic crash in history)that are outside our control and force us to default,you'll have to try and get over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement