Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options
  • 20-06-2012 9:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

4 months and counting!

Hoping for improved press conferences, more control over finances, better player interaction and some real life scenarios affecting morale and game progression.

What would you like to see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

get rid of press conferences altogether, make agents flexable in their demands, sort out the f*cking database size issue.

just off the top of my head, i'm sure there is more...

Oh and no steam activation!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Also I'd like more teams to show an interest in signing my fringe/reserve/youth team players - more often than not the ones not in my plans just stagnate.

Additionally, if you're signing a player predominately as back up or second choice, I'd like them to stop moaning and threatening to leave every time they're not in the team.

I SIGNED YOU AS BACK UP!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I don't agree with completely getting rid of press conferences, I think only when you are playing a big game, signed a big player, sold an important player etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The press conferences are far too repetitive. Either a lot more options, or less press conferences altogether.

Reserves/Youths almost never get sold. I've offered players for free and gotten zero interest. If Arsenal could get rid of Squillaci, you should have no trouble getting rid of youth players without having to release them.

Better finances. There isn't much you can do to save money outside of wages. In reality you can do loads before having to look at the wages.

Getting underage international jobs should be easier too. For a low ranked country, the underage job should be easy to get. Half the time they don't even respond to you.

This one might just be me, but couldn't you sign foreign players and loan them out before? Any time a player doesn't get a work permit now the transfer is cancelled. Should be able to sign them anyway but obviously they can't be used without a work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Hope they slow down the amount of transfers that happen in the game especially in the LOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I agree about the players signed as back ups to stop whinging - does my head in! And then you have to play them for a few games until they stop!

Team meetings need to be improved too and I am sure they will.

Press conferences as has been said already need to reduced or more options available. (I did download an update before where the match commentary and press conferences had different questions and commentary which really improved the game...not sure if it was available for 12 though)

Feeder clubs need to be assessed when boards make a decision or take your suggestion and then not come to any conclusion.

A few things I have found from the SI boards which would be good:

- Allow an in-game 'editor' where we can change our kits every season. (would make use of this)
    - Players celebrating and lifting the trophy in the 3d view (could get old pretty fast though)
    - A staff shortlist - pretty much as it sounds.
    -Staff training - send your staff on training courses to improve certain stats... to an extent. Cost increases based on their existing level of proficiency. 1-->2 would cost nothing, 19-->20 would cost more!
    - The option to permanently lock out options from a contract, such as telling them that no you will never give a "match highest earner" clause
    -More interaction with a player if talks aren't working through private chat such as "your agent demanded too high a fee", "your bonus demands were too excessive", "if you want to remain at this club then you will have to lower your demands".
    -More interaction with players (either in private, or through the press) to tempt them to come to your club. For example you could tempt a player with regular first team football, the chance to play with some of the greatest players in the world (if you have them), the chance to train at world class facilities, a much higher wage, trophies etc.
    -Allow a manager to suggest a player fire their agent for being overly demanding. Perhaps if you build up a really good relationship with a player then they'll deal with you personally instead of through an agent demanding a 4M fee?
    -Allow managers to suggest that loans are paid off when you have sufficient funds
    -Allow managers to announce their resignation/retirement for a certain date, and to accept job offers at a certain date such as at the end of the season. Also allow managers to give a reason - perhaps at a press conference - such as "The board refused to do X/Y/Z", "By winning the World Cup I've achieved my goals with international management".
    -More realistic behaviour from the AI, and less cheating. I've had a case where my 20M bid was rejected but the next day the AI offered 8M which was accepted, then my new 8M bid was accepted. Make value more realistic and have greater meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Just sort out the horrible database problem and allow me to improve my Youth Recruitment Network more in smaller leagues and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

amazing thing is that their is prob 50 things they could improve and yet i still love this years game, it is constantly evolving and will never be perfect. id say ive spend close to 6 months of my life playin this game. its just so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

A new feature where you can go back to start of transfer window where none of the signings made that summer have happened ( eg Hazard still plays for Lille instead of Chelsea etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I'd like if you were allowed to change a players mind in contract negotiations instead of them just saying no to your approach straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Remember the crazy things you could do in Ultimate Soccer Manager 98
    • Set ticket prices
    • Build bars etc around the stadium
    • Bet for/against your team
    • Attempt to bribe opponent
    • Deal with Sponsors
    • Take out bank loan

I am not saying these should be added as these are not part of a managers job but that was a crazy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

tvercetti wrote: »
    • Set ticket prices
    • Deal with Sponsors
    • Take out bank loan

I am not saying these should be added as these are not part of a managers job but that was a crazy game.

Total Club Manager :D

You would spend hours before each match. The detail it went into was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Total Club Manager :D

You would spend hours before each match. The detail it went into was amazing.

I still have that somwhere in the house, the one with Bobby Robson on the front, 2003 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Have to agree with the press conferences. I just leave them to my assisstant now.

Definitely some sort of coaching training aswell. It would be well worth the cost of it.

Some really good points made though that wouldnt seem to hard to implement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

tvercetti wrote: »
    • Set ticket prices
    • Deal with Sponsors
    • Take out bank loan

FIFA Manager has a lot of them. Or did anyway. Haven't played it in a couple of years now. You could build airports and roller coasters and everything :D

Buying the club was awesome too. That would be a great addition IMO. Give a reason to care about your wage, bonuses etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

1. Director of Football should be involved more, they actually serve no purpose(well in all the games up to FM11 anyway, don't know about 12, refused to buy it) Obviously a DOF can be annoying, but depending on their personality they can be either cooperative or overbearing. This would annoy people but its a realistic aspect of football management. Perhaps make it relatively easy to tell the board to get rid of them though.
    Also it could just be as simple as interacting with the DOF and saying you want a new keeper, then he'll come back with a list of players.
    Also I think player recommendations should be done to suit the style of play of your team, but then the DOF/Scout may claim that they feel 'despite not being the most technical, I feel such and such a player will add versatility/steel in midfield etc.
    Like if your a direct team, the DOF will recommend players to suit that system, long ball, physical players but then they might say ''mauro zarate(for example) would add some much needed guile that the team lacks'

2.Internationals-
    National Youth Academies
    Able to discuss with league managers long term strategy for national team, like the way Germany changed its playing style completely in the 21st century, with the clubs in the Bundesliga in conjuction with German FA devising a new strategy. Obviously this would be for keen international managers.
    This would alter the type of player being produced and the style of football played in the country in general.
    I think FA's need to have much more interaction with you.
    They need to make a bigger deal out of tournaments and create more of an atmosphere. I wanna see ex pro/journalists guides to teams involved(star men, manager, possible line ups, predictions)
    Squads should be picked more on performances than reputation. Obviously it depends on the manager, but some managers would call up a player in fantastic form despite not being viewed as good as someone else.

Agents:
    Scrap the agents fees, the AI is too dumb to deal with them, as the system is too complex.

Interviews of prospective candidates when applying for a job, here you can detail what your visions for the club are, what you hope to achieve, possible players you'll look to bring in etc.

Dynamic Ability
    I think if form lasts over a certain period, and you get the right luck(int. call up/CL football/joining a big club with great facilities) the player could improve beyond their preset ability. For example if you start from league two with a club and have a few younger players in the starting 11, it should be possible for them to make the stepup to a higher level as you progress.
    Likewise let's say your Shamrock Rovers and you dominate the league and maybe go far in Europe, these players would improve over time because of the competition etc. Think of it like when Mourinho managed Porto, players like Costinha, Maniche, Carvalho, Deco, they obviously had talent but they weren't really known before then despite being old enough, but under his guidance they became International players and joined some of the biggest European teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Press conferences are good too sometimes, so that is why I leave the crap matches to the Ass man and the good (big) matches to me.

Hoping they improve the 3D match engine

Crowd chants related to a particular club you're playing as would be a welcome addition, as would more flares/stewards/segregation...... making it all the more aesthetically pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I'd love if you had an option to pay a loan in full if you can at the time, hate having to pay it monthly for things like stadiums, take ages to repay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Stop flooding my news bar with United sign some 15 from Ajax! Who cares??

Clubs just swapping managers around. West Ham sack Allardyce, West Ham announce Pulis as their new manager, Stoke announce Moyes as their new manager, Everton announce Allardyce as their new manager!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Stop offering me players the day AFTER the transfer window has closed

Better parent\feeder club options for players to get WP, especially for smaller clubs

Stop 18/19 year old players moaning about lack of first team action!

No more "match clubs highest earner"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

glenjamin wrote: »
    Stop flooding my news bar with United sign some 15 from Ajax! Who cares??

Clubs just swapping managers around. West Ham sack Allardyce, West Ham announce Pulis as their new manager, Stoke announce Moyes as their new manager, Everton announce Allardyce as their new manager!

Exactly, that news should just appear on a transfer ticker on the Leagues website unless in the rare circumstance the player might be the next Maradona or something. Like let's say a host of clubs are after him, and a team secure the signing then I think it should be newsworthy.

They need to make a bigger deal out of transfers, when a player signs, ex pros and pundits sometimes will discuss the transfer.

Also they need to replicate situations like Anzhi, Middle East, MLS and Chinese clubs better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Stop the constant offering of players that you aren't even interested in all the time in the news feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

flyswatter wrote: »
    Stop the constant offering of players that you aren't even interested in all the time in the news feed.

You can filter them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

players and coached doing UEFA coaching badges would be a nice addition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

dsmythy wrote: »
    You can filter them out.

As you can for any news item, still annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

i want an option in the menu for half time teamtalks - "throw teacup at player"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

I'd like stadiums (3d mode) to be a bit more diverse in FM 13, especially when playing in Europe. Running tracks around grounds that have running tracks, flares, banners etc.

For example a small stadium like Upton Park, and a large one like Wembley look the exact same in FM12 - I'd love to actually feel like I'm managing in Wembley when I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EveAlex

id love to have more input into the building of stadiums and facilities

like, 'average youth' facilities is quite bland and very broad

how about being specific - like build 'sports science building' 'youth academy' 'physiotherapy practice' or whatever - be specific about your needs and build it around your philosophy and team

maybe even design your stadium -like LMA manager used to. name the stands i.e. the Kop, Stretford End etc etc

its nice to have it a little customisable and indeed a little bit of a fantasy.

i know FM is all about realism, but at the end of the day, its still a game for our enjoyment

what about a challenge mode? where you could be thrown into the season, ten games to go, best players injured or suspended and you have to stave off promotion

or start with a team and a 3year plan is set out for you - stave off relegation, build team from youths, and get finances into shape

just an idea to beat the FM doldrums from setting in

Advertisement