Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

flyswatter wrote: »
    You need OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) 10.7.x (Lion) 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) or higher according to the official requirements.

Balls :/

Yet SI couldn't think of that despite me showing them numerous screenshots...

Thanks boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not getting any errors. When I click 'play' or my shortcut, it attempts to open the programme for a split second then stops.

Not running 10.6 no. Am running 10.5.8. Could that be the issue you think?
    You need OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) 10.7.x (Lion) 10.8.x (Mountain Lion) or higher according to the official requirements.

Exactly the route I was going down. *high 5*

Yeah, you need 10.6 or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The guardian has a review of the game up today.

The comments have some great FM/CM stories...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/nov/02/football-manager-2013-review

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

35zuqt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Seriously frustrating....

I bought the game today, had to install steam first, then had to install the game. I've tried now 2 times by restarting the browser and then by uninstalling and reinstalling everything again and the game won't start.

When i click the game icon on my desktop steam comes up and says "updating FM13" and a loading bar that starts by saying your game will load in 1 second, then goes to 2 then 3 .... and keeps increasing in time. Very very annoying have the game 3 hours now and can't get it going. Tempted to get my money back.

I don't understand the need for steam, why not just install the game and away you go?

Anyone else having the same bother?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I bought the game today, had to install steam first, then had to install the game. I've tried now 2 times by restarting the browser and then by uninstalling and reinstalling everything again and the game won't start.

When i click the game icon on my desktop steam comes up and says "updating FM13" and a loading bar that starts by saying your game will load in 1 second, then goes to 2 then 3 .... and keeps increasing in time. Very very annoying have the game 3 hours now and can't get it going. Tempted to get my money back.

I don't understand the need for steam, why not just install the game and away you go?

I chose the option to install the demo through Steam first rather than choose the non-steam download. Cancelled the demo download after realising it was 3gb in size.

I tried the non steam option then and now it's saying it's installed on the PC. I can't find any trace of it though and won't let me try it that way cos of that.

No way I'm waiting for a 3gb demo to download though, not a chance!

Steam was invented by Valve (makers of Half Life games) as a better answer to piracy and an online game shop. It can be a pain at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I chose the option to install the demo through Steam first rather than choose the non-steam download. Cancelled the demo download after realising it was 3gb in size.

I tried the non steam option then and now it's saying it's installed on the PC. I can't find any trace of it though and won't let me try it that way cos of that.

No way I'm waiting for a 3gb demo to download though, not a chance!

Steam was invented by Valve (makers of Half Life games) as a better answer to piracy and an online game shop. It can be a pain at times.

Have a look on here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/24-PC-Mac-General-Discussion, I m sure someone somewhere has had the same problems as you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I had that problem with empire total war the other day, steam is a headwreck.

Maybe try running it in offline mode in the Steam preferences. Just a thought, I have it set that way.

However, it's a serious pain if you have no internet connection, and then you need to set it to offline mode. You need an internet connection to get into Steam and turn on offline mode, makes no sense whatsoever. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Maybe try running it in offline mode in the Steam preferences. Just a thought, I have it set that way.

However, it's a serious pain if you have no internet connection, and then you need to set it to offline mode. You need an internet connection to get into Steam and turn on offline mode, makes no sense whatsoever. :mad:

I've never had any problem opening steam and switching to offline mode whilst not being connected to the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

I've hit the same issue before. tis v annoying alright!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've never had any problem opening steam and switching to offline mode whilst not being connected to the internet

Happens when you're not logged in automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Do the facepacks from last year still work for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Steam is a bit of a mixed blessing. Personally I love it, you can get some really good deals on there, updates are applied automatically, and you can download games lightning quick, on any computer, as many times as you like. Also, every game you ever buy, you have forever even if you lose the disk and / or code, so you can delete what you're not using and reinstall it later. This is particularly good for me because I ALWAYS lose disks.

But, when it starts acting up it can be a real bitch.

You should take a look here. Chances are if you're having problems other people are too, and will have found a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Want to buy this but GMG won't accept my Paypal or any of my credit cards :(

Want to buy this but GMG won't accept my Paypal or any of my credit cards :(
    http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Football-Manager-2013-3532-42.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone else having trouble with the editor?

...In the game credits:D

ShaneU wrote: »

Cheers, just bought it but looks like I'm gonna be waiting for the Steam code!

Usually it pops up right away under "multiplayer key"

ShaneU wrote: »
    Usually it pops up right away under "multiplayer key"

Not for me. Says my activation code will only appear after my order has been cleared. The money is gona from my Paypal but still nothing from these guys. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you buy a DVD copy of this does it still download files from Steam to finish the installation? Thinking about getting it today but broadband is going hideously slowly at the moment so not bothered if going to have to wait 3 days to download a 1 gig file or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If you buy a DVD copy of this does it still download files from Steam to finish the installation? Thinking about getting it today but broadband is going hideously slowly at the moment so not bothered if going to have to wait 3 days to download a 1 gig file or something.

If there was a launch day patch it will download it after install. I haven't got it myself so I don't know if there was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

How faithful is the new Classic Mode to say the old (and still the best) CM 01/02?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not for me. Says my activation code will only appear after my order has been cleared. The money is gona from my Paypal but still nothing from these guys. :mad:

It did for me just 5 mins ago - on the order confirmation page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have tried to play it, I like the look of the game but the match engine is really poor, defensively is awful and the players constantly have their back to goal which I find annoying to say the least.

Very poor match engine which ruins the game. :(

I don't think there was much wrong with FM12, probably the best in recent years. Interesting to see what this is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I'm debating whether or not to upgrade, is it worth the 40 quid?

The new quick play part of the game doesn't really appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Anyone else having trouble with the editor?

...In the game credits:D

Yep. You can't create someone and put them into the game.

If anyone's thinking of buying it I would wait. I got it yesterday and it's full of bugs especially the editor. There's talk that there won't be a patch until January either but I reckon they'll have to bring one out sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

glenjamin wrote: »
    Yep. You can't create someone and put them into the game.

If anyone's thinking of buying it I would wait. I got it yesterday and it's full of bugs especially the editor. There's talk that there won't be a patch until January either but I reckon they'll have to bring one out sooner.

Just over on their official forum and there is a lot of unhappy people, I've yet to start my game up, as the current editor bug makes my career game unplayable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thats one of the reasons I always hold off on buying it. The fact that it tends to be cheaper in January also helps.

Advertisement