Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Just over on their official forum and there is a lot of unhappy people, I've yet to start my game up, as the current editor bug makes my career game unplayable

Why do you need the editor? Whenever I think of the editor, cheating just comes to mind. :pac:

SI do this from time to time, where the game on release will have lots of niggly bugs, Championship Manager 4 was probably the worst for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

flyswatter wrote: »
    Why do you need the editor? Whenever I think of the editor, cheating just comes to mind. :pac:

SI do this from time to time, where the game on release will have lots of niggly bugs, Championship Manager 4 was probably the worst for this.

A lot of people use the editor to add files like badges, proper kits, proper league names, add new leagues altogether or in the case of A_Sober_Paddy, to enable him to do his boardsie database. People put a crazy amount of time into, what is mostly, a thankless task.

The editor is a great tool. Yes it can be taken advantage of, but without it, we wouldn't have such a great community.

Hell, without the editor, I'd have gone completely insane from that stupid increase in injuries problem that occurred when SI patched the game last year.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    A lot of people use the editor to add files like badges, proper kits, proper league names, add new leagues altogether or in the case of A_Sober_Paddy, to enable him to do his boardsie database. People put a crazy amount of time into, what is mostly, a thankless task.

The editor is a great tool. Yes it can be taken advantage of, but without it, we wouldn't have such a great community.

Hell, without the editor, I'd have gone completely insane from that stupid increase in injuries problem that occurred when SI patched the game last year.

See that's the thing, if you are to tweak that kind of stuff, you could actually be messing with the fuzzy logic of the match engine. It's based on mathematics, randomness and the statistics within the game.

The badges, names etc, I appreciate the work of the people who edit that stuff in when I download them. I have no issue with that and it's a clever way of getting around licensing issues with certain leagues in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my code!

Any recommendations for a team to start with? Don't wanna do a Liverpool game until the January patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone know why i can't scout for players from certain regions? Says i can't afford to, even though i've plenty of money.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know why i can't scout for players from certain regions? Says i can't afford to, even though i've plenty of money.

That's a strange one, never even thought that money came into scouting. Can you do report cards on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

What club are you? A lot of smaller clubs (outside the top flight and lower nations) have restrictions on scouting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing as Forrest, in the Championship, and am pretty sure i was able to scout anywhere before, but now i can't scout any players in America/Asia. It's weird. It seems the board have set scouting restrictions for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'm playing as Forrest, in the Championship, and am pretty sure i was able to scout anywhere before, but now i can't scout any players in America/Asia. It's weird. It seems the board have set scouting restrictions for some reason.

Anytime Ive played outside Im never able to scout outside europe. Its odd that the board changed the restrictions though. Did you get promoted or relegated or did anything major happen. If it did change there surely must be a reason for it if its not a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Do not buy FM13 if you're a fan of the editor. I made 500 changes and now they're all gone overnight. No reason why they're gone, nothing!

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Do not buy FM13 if you're a fan of the editor. I made 500 changes and now they're all gone overnight. No reason why they're gone, nothing!

I'd hazard a guess and say that's because the game was released yesterday, it's out of beta mode now. Could be why all those have been wiped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I'd hazard a guess and say that's because the game was released yesterday, it's out of beta mode now. Could be why all those have been wiped.
    As far as I know the editor wasn't available via beta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Just downloaded the Demo from steam.

Jesus it's horrible to look at this year, I find it really counter Intuitive.

I haven't tried classic mode yet.

It's just painful to look at over all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Seaneh wrote: »
    Just downloaded the Demo from steam.

Jesus it's horrible to look at this year, I find it really counter Intuitive.

I haven't tried classic mode yet.

It's just painful to look at over all!
    Sure you get a skin, there's usually some decent ones that people make

I know you can still play the normal way but these new challenge modes for the game really make it look like they're dumbing the game down for the Xbox generation.

It's a real console thing to do, does it really suit a management simulation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GRMA wrote: »
    Sure you get a skin, there's usually some decent ones that people make

It's not just the skin, it's everything, the layout etc, it's just horrible.

Bought it this morning and am installing now, can anyone point me in te direction of some good face and logo packs?

Bought it this morning and am installing now, can anyone point me in te direction of some good face and logo packs?

FM Base would be my first port of call. Presuming some people are that quick off the mark at making the packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

glenjamin wrote: »

Your changes are still there, the game just isn't picking up on the changes...

Its a known bug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I know you can still play the normal way but these new challenge modes for the game really make it look like they're dumbing the game down for the Xbox generation.

It's a real console thing to do, does it really suit a management simulation?

Why does it matter if they are dumbing it down slightly? Many people complain that they can't contribute enough time to play a full game that lasts 10-15 seasons so they introduced challenges to appease them.

The core game is still there and if you want a quick blast of FM at a weekend then you can just play challenges instead of trying to start a whole game from scratch. Its a great idea in my opinion. I don't see how it could bother you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

B'logos one is very good and a very extensive pack. It even includes a lot of non-league and smaller teams that arent often included in other packs. Plus the logos look pretty good.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=6026

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Decided to start with PSV. Should be interesting,have some very interesting players but a restrictive budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

http://sortitoutsi.net/

Didn't know last years ones would work, using em for now :)

Chavways wrote: »

Why does it matter if they are dumbing it down slightly? Many people complain that they can't contribute enough time to play a full game that lasts 10-15 seasons so they introduced challenges to appease them.

The core game is still there and if you want a quick blast of FM at a weekend then you can just play challenges instead of trying to start a whole game from scratch. Its a great idea in my opinion. I don't see how it could bother you.
    Not so much of a problem at the minute, just maybe a trend developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,293 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Was supposed to sim to around 2020 to check out some thinks but I completely forgot when the game was minimised. I ended up in 2047!

Shams and Dundalk just met in the Europa League 2nd Q Round in 2047 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Someone keeps changing the staff training roles from what I chose, and I haven't got the assistant manager in charge of match training? It keeps putting more than one staff member on each category when it's better to have one staff on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Any notice a pause when clicking on a player to view his details? Seems to be a noticeable pause when doing this, even with players images disabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

ShaneU wrote: »
    Someone keeps changing the staff training roles from what I chose, and I haven't got the assistant manager in charge of match training? It keeps putting more than one staff member on each category when it's better to have one staff on each.

Should raise it over on the official forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wish you could tell your players to stop being tools.

Started a game with United and almost as soon as the transfer window ended both Rio Ferdinand and Darren Fletcher said they to leave - Rio announced he was going to leave on a Bosman. Now both are complaining about lack of game time - wish there was a dialog option for "You have said you wanted to leave, so you won't be getting a game".

I don't want to waste time playing Ferdinand when I have Smalling, Jones and Evans to give games to, and Fletcher isn't going to hold back Emre Can and Jones in DM, or Cleverley in CM when he wants to bugger off at the next opporunity. If you want a transfer, that is the end of your time at United as far as I am concerned.

Advertisement