Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Should raise it over on the official forum

Looks like I'm not the only one

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/321724-Coaches-setting-resets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone have any interest in starting a network game between some boardsies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tippman26

ya that sounds gud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i'v never played a network game, is it any good?

id be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Could be a laugh, I'll put forward my interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Is there no FM dark skin this year?

I thought with the beta they were only giving one skin until the full release but it still only shows one skin in preferences.

I hate the bright background, always preferred the dark skin

Could be a laugh, I'll put forward my interest.
    Ill start a seperate thread for it and hopefully that might get a few more to join in with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, the girlfriend is after breaking up with me because I've been playing Football Manager too much lately and she's been left out and neglected.
    But in my defence - I've Pique, Puyol and Alves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

enjoying it so far, but the players warming up is ridiculous! :D

Anyone reccomend a decent championship or premier league team to build up? I was thinking maybe Nottm Forrest or Fulham or maybe stoke? Want one were you have a half decent team and cash to improve.

Is there no FM dark skin this year?

I thought with the beta they were only giving one skin until the full release but it still only shows one skin in preferences.

I hate the bright background, always preferred the dark skin
    Dark skin here http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/1422/steklo-x3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

TheGunns wrote: »
    Anyone have any interest in starting a network game between some boardsies?

I like the idea...

But I have an even better idea:D

An network tournament, we people use their own teams in it, just find network games were you play a league campaign its very hard to get everyone playing...Where as with a knockout tournament its done over a day or maybe two days...

I've not started a game yet, but after a few seasons I'd be looking to challenge people online for the laugh

I like the idea...

But I have an even better idea:D

An network tournament, we people use their own teams in it, just find network games were you play a league campaign its very hard to get everyone playing...Where as with a knockout tournament its done over a day or maybe two days...

I've not started a game yet, but after a few seasons I'd be looking to challenge people online for the laugh

Ya Ive very little hope for it lasting past a session but there might be a slight hope if we can get it interesting to start with. Definitely interested in tournaments but dont quite have a squad put together yet. Online play in this years game is one of the aspects I was looking forward to as it seems as its been made a lot easier than it was before.

Ya Ive very little hope for it lasting past a session but there might be a slight hope if we can get it interesting to start with. Definitely interested in tournaments but dont quite have a squad put together yet. Online play in this years game is one of the aspects I was looking forward to as it seems as its been made a lot easier than it was before.

Well I think tournaments will be the way forward in terms of online games...Really think it will add another dimension to the game, also we can settle the argument of whose the best:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

How does a network game work? Does everyone have to be on line at the same time for a few hours?

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    How does a network game work? Does everyone have to be on line at the same time for a few hours?

For a full network game, everyone needs to be online as far as I know...If your doing with 2 its grand, but 3 or more and it gets fair annoying

For a full network game, everyone needs to be online as far as I know...If your doing with 2 its grand, but 3 or more and it gets fair annoying

I think you can set it so that people are forced to continue if they dont respond

I think you can set it so that people are forced to continue if they dont respond

You can but them if one lad misses 2 sessions, its very likely that when they find out they missed 2 weeks of in game play they'll just lose interest and stop playing altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Downloaded the demo yesterday and played it a bit today. Have to say it looks good. I particularly liked the transfer deadline day craic.
    Get a list of your players you don't want, give them a minimum value and tell your DOF to flog them. As money comes in then tell your DOF to get your transfer targets. I subscribed to the transfer deadline day media thing and felt a bit like 'Arry :D
    Good addition to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Looking for a bit of help! My copy of the game arrived today, I was playing the beta until now and when I put the disc into the drive it doesn't give me the option to install the full version. Anyone know how to go about installing it? I tried uninstalling the beta but steam doesn't do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

kojack wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of help! My copy of the game arrived today, I was playing the beta until now and when I put the disc into the drive it doesn't give me the option to install the full version. Anyone know how to go about installing it? I tried uninstalling the beta but steam doesn't do it

Add the game to your steam library with the Cd key and it should update your beta to the full version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Thanks for that Zapp

Hey all...

I need your help and the help of your friends and Family...

I'm doing some updates on the database all within Irish league, now I did a lot of research for this years game but quiet a bit of the stuff I've done is nowhere to be seen so a little disappointed.

What I'm looking for is your views on things wrong in the game, such as jerseys of Junior side and even Senior sides(which is something i'm working on now)...

Cheers in advance guys...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I normally buy this every 2 years. 2011 was my last purchase, and my god 2012 is fantastic. Best one since Champ Manager 00/01 I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

What do you'se think of the classic mode? Played it a bit myself and I like 9t, I think it would be better if they had a bit more in it like team talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

There goes the xmas college exams. Just bought the game. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Still in 2 minds on whether to buy it or not.
    Have 2012 and love it (when i do get a chance to play it). Downloaded the FM13 demo and after initial reservations i have to say i do like the changes.
    Game just seems smoother. I like the transfer deadline day stuff, real 'Arry Redknapp stuff.

I'll probably end up buying it - but shouldn't given that i don't get to play the game a whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Had a very enjoyable game going with Quevilly in the French 3rd tier that I have been playing the last few hours. I was top after 11 games and unbeaten before it crashed. I never thought to check the autosave settings and it turns out autosave was disabled. So disappointed :(.

Mutually agreed to terminate 9 backroom staff's contracts and only 4 of them left? Can't offer mutual termination to them any more just terminate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 tippman26

have a season with arsenal going and after struggling for goals i was looking for a striker in jan.djibril cisse had scored a bagful in the league for qpr so i thought he will do for the rest of the season considering his form.i left the negotiations to the board.they signed him alright,pity the clowns shelled out 41million for him,and now after 2 months he wouldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and i won't have a cent come the summer.thanks peter hillwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

tippman26 wrote: »
    have a season with arsenal going and after struggling for goals i was looking for a striker in jan.djibril cisse had scored a bagful in the league for qpr so i thought he will do for the rest of the season considering his form.i left the negotiations to the board.they signed him alright,pity the clowns shelled out 41million for him,and now after 2 months he wouldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and i won't have a cent come the summer.thanks peter hillwood.

Realistic anyway! :pac:

Advertisement