Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

GRMA wrote: »
    Lads I'm having some real trouble with tactics, wingers don't seem as good in this game as in FM 11, my formation is two wingers, target man and a fast poacher. Then an advanced playmaker and a ball winner. Wingers seem reluctant to cross, they just run to the byline, wait for the box to become crowded, then cross, totally wasting the breakaway, most of the through balls are to my lump of a target man rather than my poacher, very annoying. I'm concistantly in the bottom half despite vastly improving my squad since promotion, any tips on a good formation?

Change the aiming of the crosses by the wingers, don't have the target man option on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Degag wrote: »
    Same here. Finally dispatched yesterday:rolleyes:

Not too worried anyhow still have my game in fm2011 going strong.

Finally despatched for me too, still not here though.

Anyone know if I can get a free trial/demo of the game anywhere? My first ever Football Manager game and just wanted to have an idea of the basics before I get the full game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Finally despatched for me too, still not here though.

Anyone know if I can get a free trial/demo of the game anywhere? My first ever Football Manager game and just wanted to have an idea of the basics before I get the full game

Demo is available on steam :)

TheGunns wrote: »
    Demo is available on steam :)

Thanks, downloading it now. Should it really take 6 hours though?:eek:

Thanks, downloading it now. Should it really take 6 hours though?:eek:

shouldnt but depends on your broadband speed. On my old connection it used to take 4-6 hours but I on my new one it said around 1-2 hours for the full game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone else notice that their scouts just dont seem to be finding players.

Ive had two games now where i had a scout roaming and looking for suitable players and they never find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

In my save, Trap has got sacked and been replaced be a re-gen manager. :confused:

Also, anytime any Irish squad is announced, there is no G.K.'s in the list, so when you view squad the 3 G.K.'s are re-gen's too who are all the same age and exact same stats.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Rather randomly the Woking FC website has Football Manager 2013 for £10, plus £2 £6 delivery.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/football-manager-2013-p-215

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Hey all,

Anyone playing in Ireland or planning on...

Here are some files you might like...

Limerick Under 19's Squad...Download Here

Club Colours(Updated & Added)...Download Here

Thanks for making this available, out of interest, how does one install this stuff?

Would love to get under 19 squads available for all LoI clubs, was very disappointed to not have many under 19s at Bohs in my current game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Having a great time managing in the LoI right now, with Bohemians top of the league in my first season after about 70% of the season. Out of both cups but not hugely concerned at that while the league form is so good.

Out of interest, what's the procedure on clubs moving back to professional status in the LoI? Is it a 5/6 seasons of dominance thing or is it a bit quicker than that?

Haven't really played much since FM 2011 and even that wasn't much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Started playing FM10 :D

Got Ganso for around 10M, Neymar for 17M, Gotze for 1M :D, Sandro for 8M.

Started just to see how much the game has changed, tbh for some reason I loved the older one so started playing new save.

Obertan potential is 170 :eek: higher than Gotze

• Registered Users Posts: 34,299 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

On 2nd season with Man Utd. Normally I play 6/7 seasons and move teams but hope try do much longer this time.

Just wondering do players overall stats stay the same throughout the game? So say Xavi passing is 20 and Van Persie finishing is 18. Can they change or ever change?

Just interested cause say somebody like Pogba or Neymar stats are ok but you expect them to improve so would that be reflected in the game each season?

It just for later years when I hope be buying some good player instead of donkey my scout recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

On 2nd season with Man Utd. Normally I play 6/7 seasons and move teams but hope try do much longer this time.

Just wondering do players overall stats stay the same throughout the game? So say Xavi passing is 20 and Van Persie finishing is 18. Can they change or ever change?

Just interested cause say somebody like Pogba or Neymar stats are ok but you expect them to improve so would that be reflected in the game each season?

It just for later years when I hope be buying some good player instead of donkey my scout recommended.

Young players stats increase with playing time and training. You can also try to increase individual attribute by concentrating on that attribute in training.

AFAIK older players attribute increases only till they reach potential ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,299 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Young players stats increase with playing time and training. You can also try to increase individual attribute by concentrating on that attribute in training.

AFAIK older players attribute increases only till they reach potential ability.

Cheers for that. Hopefullyy will make things little easier now for me:)

Draupnir wrote: »
    Having a great time managing in the LoI right now, with Bohemians top of the league in my first season after about 70% of the season. Out of both cups but not hugely concerned at that while the league form is so good.

Out of interest, what's the procedure on clubs moving back to professional status in the LoI? Is it a 5/6 seasons of dominance thing or is it a bit quicker than that?

Haven't really played much since FM 2011 and even that wasn't much.

You have to make a request to the board to turn professional but the club would have to be financially well off for them to accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You have to make a request to the board to turn professional but the club would have to be financially well off for them to accept.

In my FM 2012 game we had a run in Europa League (I'm St. Pat's) and the following off-season the board announced we were turning professional, I didn't have to ask or anything...

dulpit wrote: »
    In my FM 2012 game we had a run in Europa League (I'm St. Pat's) and the following off-season the board announced we were turning professional, I didn't have to ask or anything...

Ya i think they'll make that decision on their own sometimes but you can request to turn professional as well. I did it with Cork City in a previous FM and im sure ive seen the option on the board request section in the current FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

has anyone else found that players are priced crazy, like ligue 2 players valued at 13 million and can only be bought for like 20, this all while I have a 2million budget with sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

With the new match engine what formations do people find best?

Pacey poachers don't seem to be the force they were a few years ago.

Is there any way to put Celtic in the premiership?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Does any one think there is a serious lack of money in the Game. Like selling players has become quiet difficult, and its all over 48 month deals if you do get a offer. I have seen some of the amounts some of the bigger clubs such as Barca and Madrid start off with, and its pittance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

League of Ireland is such a mess on FM 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

SantryRed wrote: »

Bigtime. Couldn't believe it when seen all those clubs coming in to the first division in 2013. I suppose it mirrors real life League of Ireland which is a mess too...

Just starting season four with Dundalk. If I had of won my last game of the season (beaten 3-2 at home by Shels) last year I would have won the league but ended up finishing fourth. To top it off Rovers lost in the cup final so no Europe for me... :mad:

Dundalk are a mess in the game. Attendances are 50% of what they should be so finances are terrible. They are also listed as a professional club but can't sign any pro players. Really bugs me to see Dundalk rarely get over 1k at games no matter how well we're doing whereas Rovers get over 5k at all games even when they are not doing so well.

On the plus threw a cheeky application in for the Ireland job after the world cup and it was accepted. Qualified for the Euros from a pretty handy group. Have Spain, Norway and Scotland in my Euros group so not an impossible task to qualify.

Couple of silly questions here but how do I skip forward in the game and is there any way to skip matches or do I have to watch all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Couple of silly questions here but how do I skip forward in the game and is there any way to skip matches or do I have to watch all of them?

In FM12 you could set highlights to "Key moments" or something like that so that you only see goal action. I don't know if you can skip the match altogether though.

In FM12 you could set highlights to "Key moments" or something like that so that you only see goal action. I don't know if you can skip the match altogether though.

Thanks, have it set to key highlights but was wondering if you could skip it altogether

Thanks, have it set to key highlights but was wondering if you could skip it altogether

you can holiday on matchdays so you avoid having to watch it but it leaves your assistant manager in charge.

I think you can in classic mode but its not possible in the normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

SantryRed wrote: »

doncarlos wrote: »
    Bigtime. Couldn't believe it when seen all those clubs coming in to the first division in 2013. I suppose it mirrors real life League of Ireland which is a mess too...

Just starting season four with Dundalk. If I had of won my last game of the season (beaten 3-2 at home by Shels) last year I would have won the league but ended up finishing fourth. To top it off Rovers lost in the cup final so no Europe for me... :mad:

Dundalk are a mess in the game. Attendances are 50% of what they should be so finances are terrible. They are also listed as a professional club but can't sign any pro players. Really bugs me to see Dundalk rarely get over 1k at games no matter how well we're doing whereas Rovers get over 5k at all games even when they are not doing so well.

On the plus threw a cheeky application in for the Ireland job after the world cup and it was accepted. Qualified for the Euros from a pretty handy group. Have Spain, Norway and Scotland in my Euros group so not an impossible task to qualify.

Have to say, I agree completely. Yer man who does the updates for FM Ireland, spends more time on the Irish Premiership or whatever its called than the LOI. Does my head in.

The Rovers thing is gas tho. In my 3 games they've had Bryan Robson, and Gareth Southgate x2 as their managers. In reality, they get the Pats assistant. And despite never averaging over 5k a year, they alwasy do in this game. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Finally arrived yesterday 2 weeks after release.:rolleyes: Currently downloading, must then download the patch and will also download the facepacks etc. Anyone know if the issue with the German International team is still in 2013? If so how to you change it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Degag wrote: »
    Finally arrived yesterday 2 weeks after release.:rolleyes: Currently downloading, must then download the patch and will also download the facepacks etc. Anyone know if the issue with the German International team is still in 2013? If so how to you change it?

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/932/fm13-real-names-fixes-file-beta

Advertisement