Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

**** Steam. Can anyone explain what was wrong with the old method of buying the game and simply downloading from the disc???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Degag wrote: »
    **** Steam. Can anyone explain what was wrong with the old method of buying the game and simply downloading from the disc???

too many pirated too soon after/before release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

The Rovers thing is gas tho. In my 3 games they've had Bryan Robson, and Gareth Southgate x2 as their managers. In reality, they get the Pats assistant. And despite never averaging over 5k a year, they alwasy do in this game. Ridiculous.

2017 season after finishing 2nd the previous season, I go in to last home game of season top of the league. How many were at the game?? 884...
    We would get that in real life when we are playing ****e. Still can't sign any pro players even on 3/400 a week but can sign part time players at 1100 a week. :rolleyes: All I can sign are kids as my older players want full time contracts and end up leaving. Have 6 players on the Ireland U21 team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Have to say, I agree completely. Yer man who does the updates for FM Ireland, spends more time on the Irish Premiership or whatever its called than the LOI. Does my head in.

The Rovers thing is gas tho. In my 3 games they've had Bryan Robson, and Gareth Southgate x2 as their managers. In reality, they get the Pats assistant. And despite never averaging over 5k a year, they alwasy do in this game. Ridiculous.

With regards to all the complaints about the Irish league in game, its solely down to the head researcher & the lack of researchers, I did some research for the game, and quiet a lot of the things I highlighted as needed to be fixed weren't which was very annoying for me, as i'd put a lot of work into it...

I may start a FM research thread on here, so people can give me there views on what needs fixing, also if some people on here could help with researching, so we could provide an extensive list of issues and fixes so they can be sorted.

With regards to new teams joining, I know its not confirmed IRL but i do like it as it keeps new teams coming in and out of the league, and also IRL the league structure is normally only decided in February

Also feel free to PM me with with anything FM LOI related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Maybe it might be worth one of the lads on here emailing si and asking to take over research for LOI. Leaving the current guy to focus on the Irish League.

• Advertisement

Maybe it might be worth one of the lads on here emailing si and asking to take over research for LOI. Leaving the current guy to focus on the Irish League.

Its been suggested a few times over the years, one of my mates tried to get head researching gig, but no go

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Anyone have any tips for lower league management. I am crewe and i am finding it difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

2 words sugar daddy

Anyone have any tips for lower league management. I am crewe and i am finding it difficult

Get yourself a parent club. The players they loan out to you are usually good and they're completely free plus you get money off your parent club every year. It's a win-win situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

With regards to all the complaints about the Irish league in game, its solely down to the head researcher & the lack of researchers, I did some research for the game, and quiet a lot of the things I highlighted as needed to be fixed weren't which was very annoying for me, as i'd put a lot of work into it...

I may start a FM research thread on here, so people can give me there views on what needs fixing, also if some people on here could help with researching, so we could provide an extensive list of issues and fixes so they can be sorted.

With regards to new teams joining, I know its not confirmed IRL but i do like it as it keeps new teams coming in and out of the league, and also IRL the league structure is normally only decided in February

Also feel free to PM me with with anything FM LOI related

Good idea that. I'd gladly help out with information on the St Pats team/club!

• Advertisement

Its been suggested a few times over the years, one of my mates tried to get head researching gig, but no go

Thats a shame really. It makes sense to have someone who is interested in the LOI and who knows it inside out. The current guys background is in the Irish League so obviously thats going to be his priority.

Thats a shame really. It makes sense to have someone who is interested in the LOI and who knows it inside out. The current guys background is in the Irish League so obviously thats going to be his priority.

Presumeably its because the exclusion and existence within the game doesnt get them a lot of sales. Its absence wouldnt affect a large amount of users so SI dont see the benefit of an extra researcher in Ireland. Shame really as Id love an extensive Irish league.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Presumeably its because the exclusion and existence within the game doesnt get them a lot of sales. Its absence wouldnt affect a large amount of users so SI dont see the benefit of an extra researcher in Ireland. Shame really as Id love an extensive Irish league.

Are they not volunteers though? If someone volunteered to do it for free i dont see why they'd refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Are they not volunteers though? If someone volunteered to do it for free i dont see why they'd refuse.

Thats what I was just thinking. The most they'd probably get is the game a little early, nothing more.

But theres a cost to them of putting that info into the game. The time that would have to be spent I presume would be the major cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ireland had a head researcher in the past (was involved around 2000/2001 as an assistant), who was a St Pats fan as far as I know and a Dub. So they obviously did once consider the LoI worth researching.

Would be worth getting in touch with some of the SI guys on twitter to voice opinions on the quality of the league data, I know they like to hear that kind of thing and welcome input.

I've been playing as Bohs and a few seasons in it's a nightmare only being able to sign amateurs and non contract players with no way to hang on to your best players at all.

Lots of my players that have come from Belvedere (Dublin schoolboy and junior side) are listed as having signed from some Italian side of the same name!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For what it's worth I play an online game (cybernations) and the alliance in that game that formed as a merger from the boards team has a guy who is a researcher for the Scottish League (or could be just a team within the Scottish League).

I'll bounce him a message and see how he got involved and if he has any help he could offer. Apparently he's in the credits of the game, and a regen in Scotland will have his name at some stage, which is pretty cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

dulpit wrote: »
    For what it's worth I play an online game (cybernations) and the alliance in that game that formed as a merger from the boards team has a guy who is a researcher for the Scottish League (or could be just a team within the Scottish League).

I'll bounce him a message and see how he got involved and if he has any help he could offer. Apparently he's in the credits of the game, and a regen in Scotland will have his name at some stage, which is pretty cool...

Has always been a spot in the credits for researchers, you generally get a free copy of the game too. I remember being very excited when mine arrived back in the day. Anyway, I can't find a whole lot, but looks like the same chap was running the LoI research in 2006 according to this foot.ie post:

http://foot.ie/threads/25470-Football-Manager-2006-Official-Research

Draupnir wrote: »
    Has always been a spot in the credits for researchers, you generally get a free copy of the game too. I remember being very excited when mine arrived back in the day. Anyway, I can't find a whole lot, but looks like the same chap was running the LoI research in 2006 according to this foot.ie post:

http://foot.ie/threads/25470-Football-Manager-2006-Official-Research

Got my free copy and a spot in the credits this year myself:D

Here is a thread for all the LOI issues
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81823473#post81823473

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Bought it the weekend and have just been playing the classic stripped down mode, doing quite well with Blackburn. Am enjoying it so far, Havnt tried the full version yet.

Not sure about all these unlockables though, is that a steam trick or part of the game? Most could be done in the editor if you were that way inclined anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I messaged that guy by the way, he's a researcher for Motherwell in the Scottish League...

If he gives any updates I'll let ye know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Whats the story with having no transfer budget, in charge of bolton sold 4 players for combined 20 million which i thought would be mine to help buy some good championship players to help me get back up only to find ive a budget of 2 million:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevap

astonaidan wrote: »
    Whats the story with having no transfer budget, in charge of bolton sold 4 players for combined 20 million which i thought would be mine to help buy some good championship players to help me get back up only to find ive a budget of 2 million:mad:

Ya mate its poor stuff isn't it?!
    You need to go to the board & ask for a higher % of transfer funds.
    Very disappointed with this year's version myself. The conceding from every single cross is ridiculous. Games end up 6 - 4 in most of my matches. Cannot keep clean sheets. Been a month now but still they haven't fixed that bug.
    Players with high speed scores constantly being out sprinted by much slower players. Players running backwards towards a loose ball...woeful!!
    Simply not good enough for 50 bucks!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Probably asked already but how can I call up players for Ireland?

Probably asked already but how can I call up players for Ireland?

You are asked to pick a squad about a week or so before a match. Hover over the players you wanna pick, right click, national team, call up to senior team & you should be done. If looking for players outside of your national pool like Jon Jo Shelvey for example, you can try calling them up but they might refuse. I managed to get Flanagan from Liverpool's youth team but not Shelvey. Uncapped players with Ireland as "other nationality" might be usable but ya gotta find them & try calling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

kevap wrote: »
    You are asked to pick a squad about a week or so before a match. Hover over the players you wanna pick, right click, national team, call up to senior team & you should be done. If looking for players outside of your national pool like Jon Jo Shelvey for example, you can try calling them up but they might refuse. I managed to get Flanagan from Liverpool's youth team but not Shelvey. Uncapped players with Ireland as "other nationality" might be usable but ya gotta find them & try calling up.

Thanks for that, how do I find players that are eligible for Ireland?

Thanks for that, how do I find players that are eligible for Ireland?

when you go to player search, theres a filter that allows you to view players eligble for Ireland then add them to your national pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This is the most frustrating game I've ever played.

I've started two games in Classic mode. One as Sheffield Wednesday, one as Man United. Both games I've been sacked in December.

As United, I bought Fellaini, played 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1, but it went horrendously badly. I had 5 players sent off in 7 games (even after I changed my tackling to be 'More cautious').

I lost nearly every away game. Chelsea, City, Wigan, Newcastle, Arsenal, West Ham, Aston Villa, through a combination of red cards and most players getting between 6.4 & 5.8 ratings.

I've tried playing attacking, standard, defensively, but nothing works at all. RVP scored 5 in 18, and Rooney 9 in 21.

Any tips? Nothing I do seems to be right. It's unbelievably annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fiery biscuits

Well folks, I bought FM for the first time in a few years. A good bit has changed but I've gotten used to it now at this stage. Playing with Stuttgart and hovering in eighth after eight games!

There is something that I can't figure out however, and I was hoping somebody could help me out. A number of my fringe players are severely lacking in match fitness. I can't really afford to give them full games to try and bolster it up but I'm worried that il get a bad run of injuries and I'll be stumped then. I have set their status to available for second team until match fit but they were not getting any fitter. When I went onto the second team they were on the page but not selected even as subs! Furthermore when I clicked on second team fixtures, they had none but despite this, the other second team players were fully fit on their status! I don't really understand it and was wondering if somebody here knows what's goin on!

The second team are also known as Stuttgart under 23s so perhaps the players are too old and thus in eligible for the squad.

Any help would be appreciated!

In relation to the last poster, I don't know if I can offer many useful tips but from reading your post perhaps you have changed your philosophy/tactics too often. Try to look at the strengths of your squad and find the most suitable tactic and formation to accomodate that and try to give it time!

• Advertisement

Well folks, I bought FM for the first time in a few years. A good bit has changed but I've gotten used to it now at this stage. Playing with Stuttgart and hovering in eighth after eight games!

There is something that I can't figure out however, and I was hoping somebody could help me out. A number of my fringe players are severely lacking in match fitness. I can't really afford to give them full games to try and bolster it up but I'm worried that il get a bad run of injuries and I'll be stumped then. I have set their status to available for second team until match fit but they were not getting any fitter. When I went onto the second team they were on the page but not selected even as subs! Furthermore when I clicked on second team fixtures, they had none but despite this, the other second team players were fully fit on their status! I don't really understand it and was wondering if somebody here knows what's goin on!

The second team are also known as Stuttgart under 23s so perhaps the players are too old and thus in eligible for the squad.

Any help would be appreciated!

In relation to the last poster, I don't know if I can offer many useful tips but from reading your post perhaps you have changed your philosophy/tactics too often. Try to look at the strengths of your squad and find the most suitable tactic and formation to accomodate that and try to give it time!

I agree fully with your opinion on the other posters tactics. It can take about 6 months in game time to gel.
    Onto your question: its a bit silly alright isn't it that this happens.
    In last year's game all you had to do is control the Reserve & Under age team at your club for one pre season friendly then turn over the running of these teams to other coaches. They would pick the same squad you picked in your one game each time after unless an injury occurred. The new game is very annoying in general I'm finding. Very unrealistic....so much so that I'm considering going back to FIFA for the first time since 2007.
    Very disappointing this year.
    Gonna mess with the game editor & give it one last go but then if its acting up again its dumped. Might have to take me wife back for 11 months :)

Advertisement