Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

In relation to the last poster, I don't know if I can offer many useful tips but from reading your post perhaps you have changed your philosophy/tactics too often. Try to look at the strengths of your squad and find the most suitable tactic and formation to accomodate that and try to give it time!

I usually have 3 that I rotate between.

I do tweak them slightly on a fairly regular basis (player instructions, because if Felliani is playing as a box to box midfielder, and he misses a game, I can't put Carrick, Giggs, Scholes as box to box). I don't really see any way around that though.

Also, if I'm away to Chelsea, I'll go for a more conservative strategy than at home to Southampton...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Well folks, I bought FM for the first time in a few years. A good bit has changed but I've gotten used to it now at this stage. Playing with Stuttgart and hovering in eighth after eight games!

There is something that I can't figure out however, and I was hoping somebody could help me out. A number of my fringe players are severely lacking in match fitness. I can't really afford to give them full games to try and bolster it up but I'm worried that il get a bad run of injuries and I'll be stumped then. I have set their status to available for second team until match fit but they were not getting any fitter. When I went onto the second team they were on the page but not selected even as subs! Furthermore when I clicked on second team fixtures, they had none but despite this, the other second team players were fully fit on their status! I don't really understand it and was wondering if somebody here knows what's goin on!

The second team are also known as Stuttgart under 23s so perhaps the players are too old and thus in eligible for the squad.

Any help would be appreciated!

In relation to the last poster, I don't know if I can offer many useful tips but from reading your post perhaps you have changed your philosophy/tactics too often. Try to look at the strengths of your squad and find the most suitable tactic and formation to accomodate that and try to give it time!

Why not create friendlies for your reserve / u23 team? I always do that as it helps with fitness and also for tactics and formations for when you want to rest players or need to make changes due to injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Any idea if its possible to delay a transfer? Have had an offer accepted and agreed terms but the player is injured so keeps failing his medical and he wont be fit until after the transfer window closes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Any idea if its possible to delay a transfer? Have had an offer accepted and agreed terms but the player is injured so keeps failing his medical and he wont be fit until after the transfer window closes

Think you'll have to make a new offer but in 12 you could change the date of the transfer to end of season etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

This is ridiculous, nearly every cross in, I concede a goal.. Sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fiery biscuits

ispini1984 wrote: »

Why not create friendlies for your reserve / u23 team? I always do that as it helps with fitness and also for tactics and formations for when you want to rest players or need to make changes due to injuries

Thanks, I must try that again. I went onto arrange friendly but I couldn't find a team that would play but I must have another look!It's quite annoying to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Has anyone played Classic mode and not been fired?

Started a third game as Monaco. 11 games in I got sacked. I've yet to last past December in 3 attempts with 3 different teams. I think I've been sacked once before in all the times I've been playing Championship/Football Manager since 01/02, and now I've got the boot 3 times in a row on FMC13? :confused:

Literally, nothing works for me in Classic mode. If I push up, my defenders let the guys run dribble around them with ease. If I play deeper, they just sit back and wait for the opposition to pass it around them.

I signed Lazovic, Van Den Borre, Fierro, Del Horno, Katsouranis who are all much better than Ligue 2 standard, but I only managed to win 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Bloody hell.

Signed a right winger on a free. First game, we win 3-0 and he gets a goal and an assist.

Then, in typical fcuking FM fashion, gets injured in the 5th minute of the next game and is out for 4 months.

Frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone ask a player to retire from international football or withdraw from a squad? How do they usually take it?

Also, why is my director of football accepting bids of less than my minimum asking price for players?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,421 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My players are getting injured all time. Seems to be player out for ages every week.

Any tips on how to reduce this? if any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My players are getting injured all time. Seems to be player out for ages every week.

Any tips on how to reduce this? if any.

Try and avoid playing them if their condition is low. I generally wont play someone if their condition is below 90% unless im really stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Try and avoid playing them if their condition is low. I generally wont play someone if their condition is below 90% unless im really stuck.

This, better physios and make sure training isn't too intense.

This, better physios and make sure training isn't too intense.

Generally my players are over that and training levels are at average.

Might look at better physios alright.

I dont mind odd injury or few, its more the length of them is the problem. Cost me league in 2nd season.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭talkingpj

Game stop is a rip off they over price everything, I avoid buying from them at all cost bought a game off them once for 55euro and saw the same game in hmv for 30 later that day. I tried bringing back but they wouldn't take it. How much better is fm13 than fm12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

the last one of these i had was FM2011 and i loved it, looking at getting a new laptop over xmas and would like to get one of the new ones, do you reckon i should get '12 or '13? i hear people not too impressed with 2013? im not too fussed by having the latest players just want an enjoyable game to keep me occupied over xmas!

i dont watch the simulated matches, just the 2d version of the matches, can you still do this in the 2013 one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

srm23 wrote: »
    the last one of these i had was FM2011 and i loved it, looking at getting a new laptop over xmas and would like to get one of the new ones, do you reckon i should get '12 or '13? i hear people not too impressed with 2013? im not too fussed by having the latest players just want an enjoyable game to keep me occupied over xmas!

i dont watch the simulated matches, just the 2d version of the matches, can you still do this in the 2013 one?

Id say get 13, more options in it and game modes
    you can still view in 2d, thats what I do. Its much better to watch games that way, you end up noticing much more with you tactics and all that.

The last FM I had was FM09. FM13 is much better and feels more realistic.

Not saying its better then last couple of years as have not played them, but this game is much more enjoyable and more reward when you get things right.

Im sure the game still decides if you win or lose from time to time, but least now the game pans out much more the way teams set up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sorely tempted to get the new Football Manager after a few years out and wanted to ask a few questions:

- Has anyone played the new Classic Mode? I'm kind of tempted by it as it looks like you can get through a good few seasons in a matter of weeks, without having to dedicate every minute of your free time to it...

- Do you feel like you lose out a lot by playing Classic Mode over the normal mode? Is there anything cut that really takes away from the game?

- To what extent can you delegate stuff in the normal mode? Some of the detail I think I'd like (negotiating with players and agents, configuring tactics etc...), while others I think I'd find tedious (training etc...) To what extent are you disadvantaged by delegating (especially if you are playing with a lower league team that might have poor coaches etc...?)

- How many hours does a typical season take in Normal mode (I'm aware this will vary from player to player, but a rough guideline)?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Morzadec wrote: »

- To what extent can you delegate stuff in the normal mode? Some of the detail I think I'd like (negotiating with players and agents, configuring tactics etc...), while others I think I'd find tedious (training etc...) To what extent are you disadvantaged by delegating (especially if you are playing with a lower league team that might have poor coaches etc...?)

- How many hours does a typical season take in Normal mode (I'm aware this will vary from player to player, but a rough guideline)?

Haven't played shorter mode, will answer what I can here. For me I decided not to delegate anything. I'm West Brom and ended up letting my Director of Football leave, I didn't need/want him for anything. You can tell him to buy players for the team although scouring the market is something I love doing so I didn't want anyone interfering there. I haven't gone into much training details, I let my assistant delegate the coaches assignments (for ex. a coach with 20 Attack coaching can be assigned to focus on attacking only) and he handles match preparations also. As for seasons time I couldn't tell you as FM is always open on the laptop and I might click onto it for 5 mins, or an hour, or sometimes on and off it while watching a match etc.! Hope something there helps you, sure someone else can fill in any gaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Morzadec wrote: »
    Sorely tempted to get the new Football Manager after a few years out and wanted to ask a few questions:

- Has anyone played the new Classic Mode? I'm kind of tempted by it as it looks like you can get through a good few seasons in a matter of weeks, without having to dedicate every minute of your free time to it...

- Do you feel like you lose out a lot by playing Classic Mode over the normal mode? Is there anything cut that really takes away from the game?

Regarding Classic mode, You can only select up to three leagues in it. I can take you between 1-2 hours to do a month in classic Mode.

In Normal mode which i play in, ive a large Database, with over 50 leagues loaded. It would usually take me a week to play one season, as Ive so many league loaded up. For example, i started playing it around 2pm today and i was around the Middle of October And now at 1.30 am at night Im around the Middle of Decemeber.

Im sure if you had less leagues in Normal mode, You might go through it alot quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Regarding Classic mode, You can only select up to three leagues in it. I can take you between 1-2 hours to do a month in classic Mode.

In Normal mode which i play in, ive a large Database, with over 50 leagues loaded. It would usually take me a week to play one season, as Ive so many league loaded up. For example, i started playing it around 2pm today and i was around the Middle of October And now at 1.30 am at night Im around the Middle of Decemeber.

Im sure if you had less leagues in Normal mode, You might go through it alot quicker.

One of the things i find that slows down the game si the messages.
    So to speed up the game subscribe to less info from leagues and perhaps restrict what players agents offer to you.

One of the things i find that slows down the game si the messages.
    So to speed up the game subscribe to less info from leagues and perhaps restrict what players agents offer to you.

Almost certain you can remove the amount of messeges you receive through your subscriptions and you can filter out agent offers in the staff menus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

TheGunns wrote: »
    Almost certain you can remove the amount of messeges you receive through your subscriptions and you can filter out agent offers in the staff menus

That Is kinda what I was saying when i said.
    subscribe to less info

That Is kinda what I was saying when i said.
    subscribe to less info

when I read it first it sounded like that was something you wanted them to implement. Makes much more sense now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finally got round to installing the game,this new interface......its very colourfull...I think I prefer the old one.
    Alot of extra buttons/shortcuts,suppose it'll just take time to get used too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

is there much improvement from FM 2012? Wasn't mad about that. Last version I really enjoyed was FM 2009. Think I had a 26 year career in that! Being playing Football Manager since it's very first release as Championship Manager on the Amiga. Either I am getting too old for it or it's just got too over complicated.

People any Tips on how to get best Transfer deal.

Always seem to have to pay more then double the transfer value of the player to sign him.

Just take for example Bale. Valued at 18million, but Spurs wont budge for 45million or less. Like that for lot of players.

Is it just the way it is in this game that you have to pay so high etc? or am I doing it wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

People any Tips on how to get best Transfer deal.

Always seem to have to pay more then double the transfer value of the player to sign him.

Just take for example Bale. Valued at 18million, but Spurs wont budge for 45million or less. Like that for lot of players.

Is it just the way it is in this game that you have to pay so high etc? or am I doing it wrong?

If a team doesn't want to sell a player then get ready to open your wallet.

My advice would be to avoid big name players and go for lesser known ones.
    buy someone like Isco or J. Rodriguez.

They will turn out much better players and cost a lot less.

Heck I remember shelling out €100 Million for Gotze in FM12 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

God damn you Man City

anyone else notice that they seem to score a lot in the dying seconds?

twice now i've been winning going into the last minute of injury time they have scored, drew both games because of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Caved and bought it, damn it.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    God damn you Man City

anyone else notice that they seem to score a lot in the dying seconds?

twice now i've been winning going into the last minute of injury time they have scored, drew both games because of it

I've noticed is that Tevez and Nasri score in every ****ing game. Never gonna catch em.

Advertisement