Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wonder will the scouting fix give you a load of reports or will they just start again at 0

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

danniemcq wrote: »
    Fixed Irish Premier and First Division format and scheduling

Does anyone know what this change is? I'm in the middle of a season at the moment in the Irish Premier and wonder will it impact my save in a bad way :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Anyone playing Classic mode?

I have to say I'm really enjoying it. Only gripe is that I can't give team talks and you get those things offering to boost your bank balance etc for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Ok, long time Football Manager/Championship Manager player here - at my absolute wits end with this current version.

Cannot get any tactic to work with my Liverpool team - it's just so absolutely annoying... creating tactics to promote a lot of possession - passing etc... just not working out.

I've tried and tried - and now i'm seriously considering going back to FM12 where things were just so much easier.

Anyone else having problems finding a tactic that actually works???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Ok, long time Football Manager/Championship Manager player here - at my absolute wits end with this current version.

Cannot get any tactic to work with my Liverpool team - it's just so absolutely annoying... creating tactics to promote a lot of possession - passing etc... just not working out.

I've tried and tried - and now i'm seriously considering going back to FM12 where things were just so much easier.

Me too. I find counter attacking with wingers and a target man/poacher combo works well.

Playing with stoke atm, 5th at the end of november.

I played as Liverpool for a bit and struggled, they've no wingers but when you get Carrol back (I cheated because there was no call back option and put a second manager in as west ham boss and promptly retired after terminating the loan) he works very well with Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

anyone here still play with commentary online in games??? Ive never taken to the match sim for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Got this and it won't work on my mac :( my software is too old :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Jbpc wrote: »
    anyone here still play with commentary online in games??? Ive never taken to the match sim for some reason.
    I've only ever played with commentry,put on match sim the first time it was introduced in the game and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I've only ever played with commentry,put on match sim the first time it was introduced in the game and thats it

I was the same myself, just cant enjoy it as much with the match sim. Theres nothing like seeing that flashing text when your team scores ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

DBIreland wrote: »
    Does anyone know what this change is? I'm in the middle of a season at the moment in the Irish Premier and wonder will it impact my save in a bad way :confused:

The competition changes (like the one you've quoted) will only impact new games - don't know what changes they made though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Mr Velo wrote: »

There is your problem, don't be Liverpool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

caved in!! this seems by a common problem thought :(
    in my save keeper keeps comin out clearing the ball straight to the opposition resulting in a goal..very annoying i presume there some way u can tell the keeeper to never come out or something, has happenned me about 4 times and only in november of my game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is steam opening up for people. I keep getting a Error 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

out in the sticks and downloading this because of its reduced price...

heartbreakingly slow! but delighted im gonna have it at last...got sick of waiting for certain things to emerge online :P

but anyway, think there is gonna be a long wait before its downloaded but anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Decided to drop a few euro and get this game, happy christmas to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Picked this up on the steam sale the other day.

Wow I am struggling. Playing as AS Monaco, after winning comfortably all my pre-season games. I have gone 5 games without a win scoring only 2 and conceding 9 :confused:.

I've been playing since fm08, usually I manage to do pretty well but I think I might get sacked.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Currently 12th with Southampton on 23 points after 19 games. Went on a 5 game losing streak. Switched things around for a home game against Man United, just won 2-1 after going behind. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

got sacked with my first pool game, so started a new one unemployed with AFC Wimledon hiring me...7th at the mid point and pushing for promotion...game on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

El Spearo wrote: »
    got sacked with my first pool game, so started a new one unemployed with AFC Wimledon hiring me...7th at the mid point and pushing for promotion...game on

Read that wrong first time round,thought you said you got sacked after only 1 game :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Currently playing with Cork City, 5 games into season and we've drawn 3 and lost the others. Have scored 1 goal and am at bottom of table. No tactics I've tried will work it would seem :(

just outta curiousity do people play players to their advantage or the way you want them to play?

For example Isco has his best role as Advanced Playmaker but i have him in tactics as an inside forward but all my other players i have playing the way they are suited (Ball Winning Midfielders and Deep Lying Playmaker)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

danniemcq wrote: »
    just outta curiousity do people play players to their advantage or the way you want them to play?

For example Isco has his best role as Advanced Playmaker but i have him in tactics as an inside forward but all my other players i have playing the way they are suited (Ball Winning Midfielders and Deep Lying Playmaker)

I make a formation with the roles I want and stick the players in those positions... if a player is really not liking their role or not suited to it I might change the role or the player.

I don't think fitting the role to the player is great, if you need two box-to-boxes in cm but the players prefer ap you're either using the wrong players or you need to force them to play in your formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

In my 2nd season with Southampton, 2 losses from my last 13 games, but 8 of them were draws! Have the 6th best defensive record in the league. Currently 11th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

In my 3rd season with Liverpool - chose them because it looked like a difficult job with a big club. Finished 4th in first season and then lost in the Champs League qualifier to Panathinaikos which was a bummer. Finished 6th in second season and am about 12 games from end of 3rd season and am in 6th but 2 points off fourth.

Game is quite realistic in how tough it is to get into top 4. Enjoyable game

In my 3rd season with Liverpool - chose them because it looked like a difficult job with a big club. Finished 4th in first season and then lost in the Champs League qualifier to Panathinaikos which was a bummer. Finished 6th in second season and am about 12 games from end of 3rd season and am in 6th but 2 points off fourth.

Game is quite realistic in how tough it is to get into top 4. Enjoyable game

i've had nearly the exact same results

6th first season then 8th then 6th

in 4th season now and currently top though in December and finished top of the euro cup group still in all cups too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

In my 6th season with Wycombe just below the playoffs in the championship, it's tough with an average attendance of 9800, no facilities and a tight ass chairman. I've developed a few players and sold them for big money, it's the only way to fill out the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

4th season with the Boro. Came 2nd last season so first taste of European football. Was 5 points clear with 4 games to go but choked :( Got Valencia, Milan, and Sporting Lisbon in the group stages. Could have been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I don't see how its possible to get 2nd in such a short space of time tbh. Well I do but to me that demonstrates a flaw with the game, I mean unless you get a big financial backer it should be impossible to even break the top 4 in Englan there are just too many good teams in FM terms(Spurs, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United, Everton) A possibility of scraping a 4th place finish but I always notice in FM the epl is much closer balanced than it is in reality.

• Advertisement

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I don't see how its possible to get 2nd in such a short space of time tbh. Well I do but to me that demonstrates a flaw with the game, I mean unless you get a big financial backer it should be impossible to even break the top 4 in Englan there are just too many good teams in FM terms(Spurs, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United, Everton) A possibility of scraping a 4th place finish but I always notice in FM the epl is much closer balanced than it is in reality.

what about Liverpool............

never mind

Advertisement