Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Well actually yeah Liverpool because they are prob a little overestimated in the game. That's 7 teams to compete with. The big clubs are far too inconsistent in FM which allows player controlled teams to achieve things like finishing 2nd in the EPL with a championship club after 4 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Starting a game in the MLS (couldn't handle all the losses with Cork City).

Any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

MLS is really fun imo, they have really improved it. There's still limitations because its so unique but they have improved it a lot. I think you should load up all players form Honduras and places because in reality a lot of players from there play in the MLS and it provides a pool to get players.
    Any questions lemme know.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    MLS is really fun imo, they have really improved it. There's still limitations because its so unique but they have improved it a lot. I think you should load up all players form Honduras and places because in reality a lot of players from there play in the MLS and it provides a pool to get players.
    Any questions lemme know.

Cheers man. I'm going to make a run at the CONCACAF Champions League and then go on a round-the-world tour of other continents... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Bloody game lost twice in the champions league final to Man Utd im Celtic btw. Oh well another season with celtic it looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Any ideas how to improve the "harmony" within the club? I have had 3 or 4 players come to say it to me and now the board have mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Any ideas how to improve the "harmony" within the club? I have had 3 or 4 players come to say it to me and now the board have mentioned it

Afaik it's just squad morale getting low isn't it?

Never have got that in all my seasons think its buying and selling to many players at once give ti a few months should be fine.

Can't beat a good old squad meeting, might help?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

For anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, avail on amazon.com for $19.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Football-Manager-2013-Download/dp/B009IXNPL6/ref=br_lf_m_1000728511_1_10_img?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1451272842&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000728511&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1KJ05YMYF8RH0DZTMDGF

You'll just need to add a US address.

Bought it myself this morning, might wait till I hear of patches published to fix a lot of problems posted here. But handy price none the less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

For anyone who hasn't gotten it yet, avail on amazon.com for $19.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Football-Manager-2013-Download/dp/B009IXNPL6/ref=br_lf_m_1000728511_1_10_img?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1451272842&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000728511&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1KJ05YMYF8RH0DZTMDGF

You'll just need to add a US address.

Bought it myself this morning, might wait till I hear of patches published to fix a lot of problems posted here. But handy price none the less.

Can you use an Irish Visa Card for payment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

bigmick1 wrote: »
    Can you use an Irish Visa Card for payment?

Yeah. Used mine no problem. Just does a check on the postal address. So once you add an American address to your one click settings on Amazon.com, it'll be fine.

ALso, if you use amazon.co.uk, it doesn't change the settings there for one click.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,920 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've just done a bad thing. I downloaded the handheld version for my Kindle.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've just done a bad thing. I downloaded the handheld version for my Kindle.

lol whats that like?

Nolars wrote: »
    lol whats that like?

Not great. There isn't much customising that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not great. There isn't much customising that can be done.

me too. Its muck.

Its really aimed at the mobile phone market tbh.

They really need something for kindles, nexus 7 and the samsung tableys etc which have plenty of disk space, a Gb of RAM and decent enough processors.

It didn't cost me anything so I can see myself deleting it at some stage. I don't think you can give team talks in it and you can't make up training schedules according to the players preferred role.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It didn't cost me anything so I can see myself deleting it at some stage. I don't think you can give team talks in it and you can't make up training schedules according to the players preferred role.

Yes, and with the very limited text commentary and non existing highlights its impossible to know what to do to try and influence a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

fed up, fed up.

been playing these games since cm4.

sick of crashes and bugs with the last two versions, its too frustrating.

going back to fm 2011.

doubt ill buy another fm game.

barone wrote: »
    fed up, fed up.

been playing these games since cm4.

sick of crashes and bugs with the last two versions, its too frustrating.

going back to fm 2011.

doubt ill buy another fm game.

Really? :( FM13 is the first game I haven't had crash on me...

• Advertisement

Fm13 is the best FM yet apart from the match engine which is quite bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭socco

question: Do tactics really matter... or is it just a case of having enough money to buy the best players and you'll win anyway.

socco wrote: »
    question: Do tactics really matter... or is it just a case of having enough money to buy the best players and you'll win anyway.

Tactics matter more than the players imo, my Forest team really lack and technical ability but I have them packed into a tight defense and tend to nick results by a goal or two. It's only this season that I'm starting to spend big on decent players (mid-table in the premiership in 3rd season).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I've had two great games so far, with Villarreal(FMC) and Man Utd. For the first time in a couple of years I've managed to go 1.5 seasons unbeaten with Utd (I found it easy to make an 'invincible' team in 08 and 09, but almost impossible in 10, 11 and 12).

For people complaining about crashes: I had crash dumps on an earlier patch, I just reinstalled the game and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Has anyone tried to put in their own club logos yet? I have the correct unique ID , the logo is in the same folder as all the other clubs in that league, same size as all the rest, but still isn't showing up :mad: I've cleared & reloaded the cache, unticked every box about ten times and it's still not working :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

How does the game play when playing on 13.1.1? Or is the update a must?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

any reason why you don't want to update it?

socco wrote: »

Playing as LA Galaxy atm, changed my tactics mid-way through season and we've gone from mediocre form to winning streak. Same players, different tactics, makes all the difference...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

new update gone in there.

• Advertisement

quote SI
    Football Manager 13.2.2 Update Out Now

A small Football Manager 2013 update is now available. To download the update, simply save your current game and quit FM, then quit and restart Steam and launch the game as normal. This should start your update automatically.

If you have any technical issues, please report them http://community.sigames.com.

The new build includes, but is not limited to, the changes below:

Optimised match processing speed for network clients
    Fixed crash during processing linked to co-ownerships
    Fixed crash during processing linked to missing stadium data
    Fixed state saving of staff responsibility setting for match preparation (FMC)

pRETTY CRAP TBH

Advertisement