Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hey lads, havent bought FM13 yet, bought several previous versions including FM12 and I'm not impressed with where it is going. Is FM13 continuing the trend of implementing half arsed new features or have they turned a corner yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

How do I leave an international job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hey lads, havent bought FM13 yet, bought several previous versions including FM12 and I'm not impressed with where it is going. Is FM13 continuing the trend of implementing half arsed new features or have they turned a corner yet?

imo avoid the newer ones, why should i buy a game that wont work properly for months till they fix the bugs !!

insanity, and people will try defend it,wait and see.

you wouldnt do it with a pair of jeans if ya bought them for a night out .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

barone wrote: »
    imo avoid the newer ones, why should i buy a game that wont work properly for months till they fix the bugs !!

FM 13 works fine for me since I got it :confused: (admittedly only a few weeks ago though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

dulpit wrote: »
    FM 13 works fine for me since I got it :confused: (admittedly only a few weeks ago though)

It's been fine for me too... FM11 was a bad one though iirc, lots of crashes at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

barone wrote: »

Thats why you wait until Dec/jan when the final update is out and the game is massively reduced in sales. Hard to say its not worth €20/30 considering the hours you will get from the game and if you dont fancy all the new features theirs classic mode.
    It's been fine for me too... FM11 was a bad one though iirc, lots of crashes at launch.

That version put me off buying FM at release date. Better to wait and let other folks test it ;)

Just curious, did you play any previous years? Did you see the bugs in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ive been playing them for years, imo this game is the worst for bugs and crashing, my point above is dont sell a product that wont work when you buy it.. drives customers away. me included.

still love the older versions and playing 2011 atm so ive no agenda, massive amount of gameplay over the years.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Just curious, did you play any previous years? Did you see the bugs in them?

Played FM12 with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Still playing FM2012 just wondering how I change my match preparation level as some of my players feel it is too low?

• Advertisement

Firstly check your assistant options to make sure that he isnt controlling match preparations then check your tactics screen, you can make adjustments from there

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

thanks would have never found it

• Registered Users Posts: 31,920 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hey fellas, is the U19 league in this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just got back into FM, finally bought the new one on Amazon for £19.

Started the Dafuge challenge with North Ferriby in the BSN. 14 games in and we have 24 points which leaves us in 7th. I doubt we can sustain a challenge for the playoffs but you never know. The squad is as poor as it comes and I've overspent on my wage budget by a couple of hundred just to ensure that we can avoid a relegation battle.

I love this challenge but I can get rather impatient with it so hopefully I stick at it and it goes places. If anyone is playing lower league/non league, I'd love to hear your take on tactics. I generally keep it very basic and uncomplicated and I find that it gets results.

Question for you guys, in FM13 has anyone managed to buy out transfer clauses? I did it last year but I can't seem to do it this time. I've spent big and bought 2 players in on 48month installments and would rather clear some of that off now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Question for you guys, in FM13 has anyone managed to buy out transfer clauses? I did it last year but I can't seem to do it this time. I've spent big and bought 2 players in on 48month installments and would rather clear some of that off now :/

You have to wait for your board to negotiate for them. I can buy some and not others currently so I think that's it and I saw it mentioned somewhere

Today is a sad day :( My windows 8 trial period ended last night, in my haste I chose to clear my harddrive of everything. Literally the only thing I care about losing was fm :( Absolutely gutted.

Today is a sad day :( My windows 8 trial period ended last night, in my haste I chose to clear my harddrive of everything. Literally the only thing I care about losing was fm :( Absolutely gutted.

Damn. Did you add any new files since deleting? Has your drive been formatted completely? Gone forever?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Voltwad wrote: »
    Just got back into FM, finally bought the new one on Amazon for £19.

Started the Dafuge challenge with North Ferriby in the BSN. 14 games in and we have 24 points which leaves us in 7th. I doubt we can sustain a challenge for the playoffs but you never know. The squad is as poor as it comes and I've overspent on my wage budget by a couple of hundred just to ensure that we can avoid a relegation battle.

I love this challenge but I can get rather impatient with it so hopefully I stick at it and it goes places. If anyone is playing lower league/non league, I'd love to hear your take on tactics. I generally keep it very basic and uncomplicated and I find that it gets results.
    Knocked out of the FA Cup at the first time of asking by Worksop who are a level lower than us again :( Feck all chance of revenue coming in now. We bounced back by winning 3 out of our next 4, all by the odd goal. We're up in 3rd now which is a seriously good return. Long way to go yet but hopefully if I'm a contender come January, the board will give me something to play with in the window.

I'm currently playing in the MLS with LA Galaxy, but am very much interested in a Dafuge challenge. I'll be home all day Saturday & Sunday doing nothing, so might have myself an FM weekend :D

• Advertisement

Damn. Did you add any new files since deleting? Has your drive been formatted completely? Gone forever?:(

I formatted it completely last night. Totally my fault. I don't have any media on here and all my college files are on dropbox so in my head I think I just thought of steam as another dropbox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I formatted it completely last night. Totally my fault. I don't have any media on here and all my college files are on dropbox so in my head I think I just thought of steam as another dropbox :(

any chance steam synced your saves?

also if you have the time and patience even after formatting of a harddrive you can get your data back.

Its tricky and may not work but there are programs you can get (i managed to get a few thousand songs and some photos i hadn't backed up restored before.

As long as nothing is written over their parts of the disk there is a chance.

on a side note if you ever have to format a PC for sale or whatever and are worried about people doing this the best bet is to install a format program that rewrites everything as 1s and 0s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

danniemcq wrote: »
    any chance steam synced your saves?

also if you have the time and patience even after formatting of a harddrive you can get your data back.

Its tricky and may not work but there are programs you can get (i managed to get a few thousand songs and some photos i hadn't backed up restored before.

As long as nothing is written over their parts of the disk there is a chance.

on a side note if you ever have to format a PC for sale or whatever and are worried about people doing this the best bet is to install a format program that rewrites everything as 1s and 0s.

Fm save files are too large so the steam cloud doesn't work, which I've just found out:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xwave7000

Started up a couple of games recently, won the Europa League in the Classic mode with Spurs in my first season, also qualified for CL in 4th. I then decided to try my hand at a full length game - sacked from Leyton Orient in League 1 after about eight games!! Ddin't really figure out the specifics with training/quality free transfers etc. until it was far too late.

Now managing Nottm. Forest in Championship - have had some good pre-season results and I think I've finally figured out training/tactics etc... hopefully we'll be able to carry that form into the season proper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,920 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Hey fellas, is the U19 league in this game?

Any body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xwave7000

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Any body?

I haven't seen it active - I spent a few months in the wilderness before finishing my game and tried to apply to vacant positions on a Brazil and Argentina U-19s team - option wasn't available. Haven't looked into it hugely though. Hope that helps:D

Fm save files are too large so the steam cloud doesn't work, which I've just found out:(

have you the time and patience to try to recover?

should point out that you will need another PC for easier use but i think it can be done using boot disks.

2 options that i see are install HDD in caddy and hook it up to another PC or laptop. Install recover program on other pc (can think of name of any of the top of my head but i can find one later if you want) and work it to see if you can recover anything.

other option is going down the Linux way and using for example Ubuntu to install as a temp os (runs off USB or DVD) and look for a recovery program in here.

Option 2 has the added bonus of not needing another PC to work it but will require some extra time to get used to Ubuntu (although with each release its getting better and wayyyyyyy easier to use)

just remember you want NOTHING added to the HDD (reinstalling windows etc will hamper any efforts)

i must back mine up to dropbox now this evening just in case!

danniemcq wrote: »
    have you the time and patience to try to recover?

should point out that you will need another PC for easier use but i think it can be done using boot disks.

2 options that i see are install HDD in caddy and hook it up to another PC or laptop. Install recover program on other pc (can think of name of any of the top of my head but i can find one later if you want) and work it to see if you can recover anything.

other option is going down the Linux way and using for example Ubuntu to install as a temp os (runs off USB or DVD) and look for a recovery program in here.

Option 2 has the added bonus of not needing another PC to work it but will require some extra time to get used to Ubuntu (although with each release its getting better and wayyyyyyy easier to use)

just remember you want NOTHING added to the HDD (reinstalling windows etc will hamper any efforts)

i must back mine up to dropbox now this evening just in case!

Cheers for the advice but I had already installed windows and all my programmes and apps before I even thought that FM might be lost, I've half my drive space full again so I'd imagine some part of the FM save would be saved over by now...

Cheers for the advice but I had already installed windows and all my programmes and apps before I even thought that FM might be lost, I've half my drive space full again so I'd imagine some part of the FM save would be saved over by now...

well you have def hurt your chances! BUT there is still a possibility of getting it back

give easeus a go,

http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-formatted-partition.htm

it also goes through a great explanation of what formatting does and how this works to "recover".

AFAIK its a free download too. the main thing is try not to overwrite anything now so don't go downloading 20gb of stuff till you run something like this

(download the file to a USB and install it on the USB to again ensure that no files have been overwritten)

There are other programs out there but i've used easeus to get stuff back of formatted SD cards before but i'll have a look when i get home at other programs i use to see which other ones work well.

let me know if you have any success!

edit i see that that easeus is a trail version, not sure of the limitations on it though and doubt work would like me installing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I ordered it off Amazon but spelt the first letter of my address incorrectly. It will be a nervous few days:(

Advertisement