Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I ordered it off Amazon but spelt the first letter of my address incorrectly. It will be a nervous few days:(

can you not change address still or has it been shipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

danniemcq wrote: »
    can you not change address still or has it been shipped?

It's been shipped already unfortunately.

It's been shipped already unfortunately.

sometimes living in the sticks in handy

before i moved my address was

dannie mchugh
    rathmullen

that got me most of the time but to make it easier i'd always include Donegal

not really much could go wrong and even if it did it would take some monumental f*ck up on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just took over the hardest job in fm - Liverpool.

I took a leaf out of rodgers book by trying to get the fans onside so i told the board I'll win the league.

Only problem is i hate 99% of the team and i only have 4 million to spend which is gonna mean a long hard seaso, plus side is they have a few good young players to build the team around in a few seasons so hopefully if they don't sack I'll get my name up there with likes of shankley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xwave7000

xwave7000 wrote: »
    Started up a couple of games recently, won the Europa League in the Classic mode with Spurs in my first season, also qualified for CL in 4th. I then decided to try my hand at a full length game - sacked from Leyton Orient in League 1 after about eight games!! Ddin't really figure out the specifics with training/quality free transfers etc. until it was far too late.

Now managing Nottm. Forest in Championship - have had some good pre-season results and I think I've finally figured out training/tactics etc... hopefully we'll be able to carry that form into the season proper!!!

To carry on from this, my first couple of games have been so-so. Started nicely with a 3-2 win at home to Blackburn in the league.... however got turned over 3-1 by Rochdale in the Capital One Cup:mad: Lost the following league game 2-0 away to Charlton, drew 0-0 with Hull and beat Leicester 2-1... Billy Sharp has scored all my goals thus far in the Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

I have tried to log on to FM 13 today but keep getting the following message.
    My internet is fine and I can't get onto Steam directly either. I get the same message.

After searching for a fix I have tried to log on with my internet security turned off and by tethering to a smartphone but neither worked.

I was playing it last night with no problems.

Can anyone help?
    fm13f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

have u tried logging out of steam and back in?

have u tried logging out of steam and back in?

I can't get even get that far. When I try to open steam that message appears.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Try disconnecting your ethernet cable.
    Something like this might come up then "Steam cannot connect to the network,will now restart in offline mode" or somehing to that effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I ordered it off Amazon but spelt the first letter of my address incorrectly. It will be a nervous few days:(

Arrived safely this morning thank God. Now to start a game with some mediocre championship side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Started a BSPL to EPL challenge last night and picked Mansfield, decent revenue and starting squad.

Got my house in order after about 2 hours of hiring coaches, setting up tactics, setting the coaches tasks up and played the odd pre-season friendly.

Managed to pick up a Fulham Reserve GK who's rated a 5 star for me for only 16K, signed Shroot to play wide right and I've loaned in a Blackburn CM.

I've also gone after Mark Quigley as his finishing is 16 and he should do the business for me at this level at the very least.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Try disconnecting your ethernet cable.
    Something like this might come up then "Steam cannot connect to the network,will now restart in offline mode" or somehing to that effect

It gives me the option to start in offline mode but the same messages just appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hey lads, havent bought FM13 yet, bought several previous versions including FM12 and I'm not impressed with where it is going. Is FM13 continuing the trend of implementing half arsed new features or have they turned a corner yet?

I've noticed a big improvement over FM12. The classic mode has brought back the fun in this game imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Omeceron wrote: »
    It gives me the option to start in offline mode but the same messages just appears.
    If you're still having problems,post in the games forum too as its more a problem with Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

I have just joined Inter and I have no money to spend so I was hoping to get a few players in on loan but I cant seem to make any loan offers. Anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I have just joined Inter and I have no money to spend so I was hoping to get a few players in on loan but I cant seem to make any loan offers. Anyone know why?

You can only make loan offers when the transfer window is open.
    If the transfer window is shut the option doesn't show on the transfer screen. AFAIR.

Don't know why this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Thanks. I am struggling to set up a versus competition, well I can set it up but when I tell people to search for it they cant find it, anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Playing Fm13 the past week or so. Just a few trial career. To get a feel for the game and tactics.

I have a few tactics created. 4231, 4411, 442, 4141 etc, with my more attacking tactics I have no problem creating chances. 15-25 chances in most matches, and I still rarely score 2 or more goals. The same with defending, can give away 5 chances and concede.

Other than being frustrated by tactics I am enjoying the game. Not a fan of classic mode at all but I can see why some people would prefer it do get through things a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I am finding FM 13 super hard to play. All of my go-to tactics from FM 12 (4-4-2, 3-5-2 were the main ones) don't seem to work, regardless of the players I have I struggle to score, and really struggle to keep a clean sheet.

I've currently started a Dafuge Challenge as FC United of Manchester, struggling to stay out of relegation zone, despite having a decent enough squad put together.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sounds like you are ignoring the mentality traits of your players/squad, morale, underestimating the effect of interactions with the media etc. These apects have become key in recent versions of FM.

Players have the required ability & suitable tactics to utilize the strengths of your squad are no longer enough to sustain form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Dempsey wrote: »
    Sounds like you are ignoring the mentality traits of your players/squad, morale, underestimating the effect of interactions with the media etc. These apects have become key in recent versions of FM.

Players have the required ability & suitable tactics to utilize the strengths of your squad are no longer enough to sustain form

When my players play well, I tell them they are shit hot. Morale is okay, only reason it's low is we keep losing. :pac:

dulpit wrote: »
    When my players play well, I tell them they are shit hot. Morale is okay, only reason it's low is we keep losing. :pac:

do you use shouts much?

when putting a player in whatever position you want them in do you play them the way they are best suited?

Do you have a DLP set as AP or an AP as a BWM

when i have 2 up front i usually go for a CF/TM and a poacher to work together

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

dulpit wrote: »

Only tell them they are **** hot if they are a highly professional group or after beating a better team if their morale is low. When morale is high, you need to keep them on their toes otherwise you get complacency.

Consistency & Big match player attributes are other considerations that need to be high for good runs of form.

sigh stupid injuries are a balls, i blew pretty much my entire budget in January for a Midfield Beast* after selling Suarez and Coates and using whatever remaining transfer budget i had

Plays one game gets injured, leg something

back after 3 weeks and playes 2 games before hurting his lower back in training

think that was 2-3 months but i got to play him in last few games of the season.

so handful of appearences since i signed him.

ffwd to training camp in summer and get note he sustained a fractured skull, 6 weeks to 3 months out.

ffs

and this after i had 3 MC out injured at the same time and just before that 3 DR out at the same time.

Every season so far something like this has happened and its really hurting me. managed to get 4th last season (just) and 3rd this season but was 1st until the injury spell hit.

Ended up around 15 points or so behind city. Just thankful Chelsea had a woeful season too, i was 6 points clear of them

*technical term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Playing Fm13 the past week or so. Just a few trial career. To get a feel for the game and tactics.

I have a few tactics created. 4231, 4411, 442, 4141 etc, with my more attacking tactics I have no problem creating chances. 15-25 chances in most matches, and I still rarely score 2 or more goals. The same with defending, can give away 5 chances and concede.

Other than being frustrated by tactics I am enjoying the game. Not a fan of classic mode at all but I can see why some people would prefer it do get through things a bit quicker.

Change all your players long shots to rarely. Will help you big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What's the deal with clubs putting players on transfer list (not by request) and then asking for double their value??? Very hard to buy players for decent money in this year's game.

Also impossible to buy promising youngsters, clubs simply refuse to sell them no matter how much you bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

ShaneU wrote: »
    What's the deal with clubs putting players on transfer list (not by request) and then asking for double their value??? Very hard to buy players for decent money in this year's game.

Also impossible to buy promising youngsters, clubs simply refuse to sell them no matter how much you bid.

Trick is to get em from south america and other places when they are young i have loads of regens that i got for a few million and sold on for 30+ million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Voltwad wrote: »
    Knocked out of the FA Cup at the first time of asking by Worksop who are a level lower than us again :( Feck all chance of revenue coming in now. We bounced back by winning 3 out of our next 4, all by the odd goal. We're up in 3rd now which is a seriously good return. Long way to go yet but hopefully if I'm a contender come January, the board will give me something to play with in the window.
    We've made it to the final of the Playoffs in the BSN at the first time of asking. I managed to get in Atkinson on loan from Hudderfield who's a decent CM for that level. Callum Wilson also came in on loan from Coventry and was a cut above.

We had a bit of a bad run at the back end of the season and finished 5th but that's still a tremendous run. We faced off against Gateshead in the first leg at home at won 2-0 quite comfortably. I messed up the teamtalk just before the away game so I was quite apprehensive about the task at hand. Gateshead had finished second and were definitely stronger on paper.

This happened.

346rcxi.png

I'll update shortly hopefully with good news about the final against Worcester. The players can go out on the sauce if they win :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just about :D

350uhc8.png

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    I messed up the teamtalk just before the away game so I was quite apprehensive about the task at hand

hate when that happens!

Advertisement