Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well I finally got back on the wagon and started my Leeds save, also got back to the blog too so if anyone is interested in a squad overview that's the first post --> http://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/17yrnc/leeds_squad_overview_lets_hack_our_way_back_to/

I can sum it up very quickly though: The squad are all distinctly average but having Diouf in the squad makes it easy to find Youtube clips :) More to come next week...

Are there any online private game groups going on here?
    Took me a while to build up a winning Arsenal team, but now they are winning almost everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've just ordered it, I think I'm gonna be single again soon.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I havent played fm13 in about 2 months now but on steam it says ive played for 195 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Looks like there is a new update on steam for FM13 for bugs and ME.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

latest update details

Update 13.2.3 in full:

General

Fixed runtime error when viewing other users match in network game
    Fixed rare FMC crash in February 2015
    Fixed rare edited Dutch competition crash 7
    Fixed rare instance of save not loading with edited db
    Fixed No Transfer Windows achievement/unlockable completion

GUI

Fixed sorting of player training focus columns
    Fixed display of competition news screen
    Fixed potential rating of youth candidates displaying incorrectly

Match Engine v1339

Tuned dribbling generally
    Fixed issue that counted too many dubious instances of running past opponent
    Toned down poor decision long shots
    Fixed some instances of short, under hit passes
    Made keepers more aggressive in meeting short back passes
    Slight improvement to defender positioning for short goal kicks
    Fixed bug that could cause players to try to clear ball from in front of own goal instead of scooping it clear
    Improved last ditch tackling and engaging of ball close to own goal
    Slightly reduced defender reactions at lower levels
    Improved engagement of ball player to reduce effectiveness of running with ball
    Fixed some instances where defenders don't engage ball player around own area until it's too late
    Further tuned kick and header accuracy
    Reduced aimless passes into channel from high up pitch
    Fixed rare instances of dead ball not being delivered correctly into opposing area
    Further tweaked defending against ball player
    Fine-tuned run past opponent counts slightly further
    Made dribbling slightly harder to achieve at higher speeds
    Made most players a favour more direct passes slightly
    Small fix to player reactions to loose balls
    Made defenders more aggressive in terms of looking to tackle ball player
    Fixed players with low closing down settings doing it so high up the pitch
    Fixed players set to specifically man mark opponent from leaving him too eagerly to engage ball player
    Small fix to specific man marking when opponent goes close to opposition d-line
    Fixed some interceptions being logged as tackles
    Fixed some instances of players playing opposition onside when defending free kicks
    Fixed some more instances of players not reacting to loose balls
    Fixed corner phase of play not ending when ball cleared way outside area, causing some bizarre knock-ons
    Fixed rare occurrence of play not restarting after a goal
    Fixed player not trying to turn and shoot when close to goal
    Fixed rare instances of unrealistically inaccurate kicks and passes
    Fixed some further issues with players closing down or not closing down properly
    Fixed some headers being unrealistically unchallenged due to collision avoidance code
    Fixed too many unrealistically weak penalty kicks
    Fixed some instances of unrealistically poor first touch
    Fixed players getting stuck in nets when retrieving ball
    Fixed rare issue causing keepers not to pick up routine ball near edge of own area
    Reduced crowding of players going for same ball on some crosses/corners
    Fixed assigned throw in takers not always being used for throws in attacking areas
    Further refinements to closing down and engagement of the ball player
    Some fine tuning of the weighting of short passes
    Made wide midfielders pay a bit more attention to opposition full backs
    One minor ball physics related fix
    Fixed unrealistic dallying on ball
    Less aimless clearances up field when not under pressure
    Couple more tweaks to closing down logic
    Fixed bug where keeper fumbles ball then doesn't react properly
    Reduced risky passes across defence line
    Fix for ball passing through net occasionally
    Couple more small tweaks to closing down logic
    Further improved wide midfielder tracking of full backs
    Fixed goal kicks not being taken short
    Fixed quick free kicks rarely being taken
    Fixed bug where keeper moves a long distance to retrieve ball at free kick and is caught out of position when it's taken quickly
    Fixed bug where keepers' don't always try to dive at attackers' feet
    Fixed players dropping too deep on some free kicks
    Fixed a couple of bugs causing keepers not to intercept speculative balls properly
    Fixed a couple of bugs causing players not to react to loose balls or passes correctly
    Fixed bug causing player not to attempt jump for ball that he cannot quite reach
    Tweak to off ball movement
    Slightly encouraged high reward lofted passes
    Made players who have just done a burst of running more prone to miscontrol
    Fixed bug where player may over-run ball unnecessarily
    Slight toning down on accuracy of more difficult kicks
    Further fix for incorrect players taking attacking throw-ins
    Team talk fix relating to overfamiliarity with manager talk
    Improved challenging for headers on long kicks
    Fixed nasty knock on relating to players switching off when taking control of ball
    Fixed some lofted passes being a bit extreme
    Reduced power of ball bounce off post and crossbar
    Fixed rare instances of players dallying on ball
    Yet further tweaks to closing down logic
    Fixed some instances of keeper short distribution not working
    Couple more fixes relating to player reactions to ball
    Reduced some instances of dangerous passes in defensive areas
    Fixed rare bug where play freezes when two players close to stationary ball
    Fixed rare bug where quick free kick is decided upon but never taken resulting in deadlock until end of period
    Fixed unrealistic instances of players deciding to take over receiving ball from team mate
    Very slight increase in width of defensive unit to try to open play up slightly
    Fixed bug in pass choice AI that should now result in a bit better decision making
    Slight reduction in 50:50 challenges for lower aggression players
    Small ball collision fix
    Fixed a couple of bugs causing keeper to not try a save
    Fixed a rare bug causing players to double up on closing down an attacking player prematurely
    Made first touch a key attribute for sweeper keeper
    Fixed a bug with players going for the ball too early in the animations

does anyone know if the match engine fixes actually change the outcome of games or is it just making it look better?

Or is it a bit of both?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

What is it with this game and my strikers going through severe dry spells. 3 strikers at the club now without a goal in over 1000 minutes (if not longer) of game time. I have top attacking coaches and focused training on their finishing. Team tactics on Attacking/Set pieces and even send them to reserves just to get goals and revive confidence in their ability (working for one player). It seems to work on my AM's tho, considering all my midfield players are top scorers right now

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevap

Yakult wrote: »
    What is it with this game and my strikers going through severe dry spells. 3 strikers at the club now without a goal in over 1000 minutes (if not longer) of game time. I have top attacking coaches and focused training on their finishing. Team tactics on Attacking/Set pieces and even send them to reserves just to get goals and revive confidence in their ability (working for one player). It seems to work on my AM's tho, considering all my midfield players are top scorers right now

Don't send them to the reserves or their star power will drop, just have patience with them.
    Play 1 upfront with one or two Attacking Midfielders playing in behind with the highest creativity for 4 or 5 games & see if that helps.
    Try moving the striker across all 3 central positions during a game so he's harder to mark. It can be tedious but I do it every 10 match minutes approx & it works.
    Don't praise him before, during or after a game no matter what.
    Try to give each striker 3 or 4 games in a row. It should work, then you can try 2 upfront again if ya like...or all 3 if that's your thing.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Good Morning All,

Query for you, if you select a player to go to reserve team until match fit, how do you remove them from the reserve squas listing after they have become match fit

at start of second season, I put half team into reserve squad to get them match fit, unfortunately they seem to stil be playing with the reserves and as result are being overplayed and tired and in need of a rest alot

Im FM12 you could de list them, as of yet I cannot find a way of doing same on FM13

Thanks

• Advertisement

Under "Squad" (when you right click the player) go to "Reserve squad until match fit/Reserve squad and deselect the playing time you have assigned to the player

Under "Squad" (when you right click the player) go to "Reserve squad until match fit/Reserve squad and deselect the playing time you have assigned to the player

i tried that but there isnt a deselcet option, it says 45, 60 and 90 mins

ispini1984 wrote: »
    i tried that but there isnt a deselcet option, it says 45, 60 and 90 mins

Is their a black dot beside any of the minutes?

Is their a black dot beside any of the minutes?

There are on some, arent on othere but all still have the RSV icon beside them which makes them available for reserves

could it be a bug?:confused::confused:

There are on some, arent on othere but all still have the RSV icon beside them which makes them available for reserves

Click where the dots are & that deselects the player.
    You'll have to do it with every player individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can i play FM on any computer ?
    Basically my laptop went bust :mad:

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can i play FM on any computer ?
    Basically my laptop went bust :mad:

Depends on specs. If you know the specs of the computer you want to use the game on that'd be handy.
    To be sure, why not email Sports Interactive directly with the specs & they'll normally reply within 3 days.
    You can easily find their email address on Google.
    Search "sports interactive contact email".

Meant to say click on the dots to deselect but to beware there are two RSV availability options that might be clicked so beware of that.
    1 is generally available for RSV.
    2 is available until match fit.
    If neither is selected / have dots beside them but RSV remains, you may well have a bug.
    Contact Sports Interactive directly the way I explained it in my previous post, they're normally quick to reply.
    2 or 3 days or so.
    They should be able to assist, although they might be busier this year than when I contacted them last year as this years version is full of issues - good luck.

kevap wrote: »
    Meant to say click on the dots to deselect but to beware there are two RSV availability options that might be clicked so beware of that.
    1 is generally available for RSV.
    2 is available until match fit.
    If neither is selected / have dots beside them but RSV remains, you may well have a bug.
    Contact Sports Interactive directly the way I explained it in my previous post, they're normally quick to reply.
    2 or 3 days or so.
    They should be able to assist, although they might be busier this year than when I contacted them last year as this years version is full of issues - good luck.

Cheers will try that

Anyone know if we can influence who plays in the Under 18 teams games.
    The youth manager I employ seems to love playing the woefully poor players who will never become any good.
    I've tried moving them to the reserves only to see them get game time there too.
    In last years edition you only had to manage one game pre season then hand over to the youth manager & he'd keep your line up!!
    Anyone help please??

• Advertisement

This game all of a sudden has pissed me off, twice it managed to crash on me yesterday. First the match screen went black, but still functioned correctly until the match was nearly over and it just froze and crashed.. Then during the final of the Community Shield and it goes to penalties but the match is stuck before penalties start and couldnt progress in the match so had to close the game.

Anyone else got similar probs?

I had one crash so far.

happened during a game against reading

i was losing though so i wasn't to pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone notice the amount of sackings in this game?

I've started a Mansfield save and I'm going into Feb 2015 and everyone of the EPL managers have been replaced at least once since I started, the Football League clubs are fairly happy to wield the axe too.

I've picked a large datd based and other playable leagues and similar things have happened in La Liga and Ligue 1.

Dont know if its just me or what.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone notice the amount of sackings in this game?

I've started a Mansfield save and I'm going into Feb 2015 and everyone of the EPL managers have been replaced at least once since I started, the Football League clubs are fairly happy to wield the axe too.

I've picked a large datd based and other playable leagues and similar things have happened in La Liga and Ligue 1.

Dont know if its just me or what.

Chelsea have been replacing managers every few months in mine. Wenger gone too and pep now running UTD.

City still have mancini though

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

danniemcq wrote: »
    Chelsea have been replacing managers every few months in mine. Wenger gone too and pep now running UTD.

City still have mancini though

That's so realistic. :D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    That's so realistic. :D

CDSoX1u.png

its july 2020

This game all of a sudden has pissed me off, twice it managed to crash on me yesterday. First the match screen went black, but still functioned correctly until the match was nearly over and it just froze and crashed.. Then during the final of the Community Shield and it goes to penalties but the match is stuck before penalties start and couldnt progress in the match so had to close the game.

Anyone else got similar probs?

Beat a team away from home 1 nil as Ireland manager today (not an easy achievement) & once back to the home screen post match...guess what..my first crash!! Like a demon now, not sure I could be bothered playing on. Especially if I lose the replayed match in a while - sickening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

dulpit wrote: »

Thank God, Ive been waiting for it for awhile. Been avoiding playing since Jan as the realism of the first season was gone for me ;)

• Advertisement

for some reason i can't sub to the si site

is this update just the transfers or is there anything else?

EDIT: i'm a dumbass

General
    =======
    - Fixed very rare crashes related to corrupted edited data
    - Improved long term balance of players set piece attributes
    - Fixed board not returning results for parent and feeder clubs after granting users request
    - Prevented stadiums being used in international tournaments after clubs had moved out

FMC Specific
    ============
    - Assistant now gives bias to player training focus based on position and role they are playing in
    - Improved image selection on FMC News screens
    - Removed ability to incorrectly offer coaching jobs when National Manager
    - Fixed retiring players sometimes generating non-FMC staff roles.
    - Improved player training feedback on Player Information screen
    - Fixed user receiving news for players on inactive shortlist
    - Decreased likelihood of Board continually expanding stadium capacity so soon after an expansion
    - Board will now increase junior coaching and recruitment at their discretion
    - Fixed Player Action to show "Approach to Sign" when user can offer them an end of contract transfer.
    - All Player Interested unlockable fixes
    - Fixed High Visibility incorrectly unlocking when winning Club World Championship Best Player
    - Fixed rare case to ensure user fails Financial Storm challenge if they don't make profit/reduce wage bill

Confidence
    ==========
    - Improved season expectations when taking over a club mid-season
    - Fixed instance when the board stated they were disappointed with winning the league
    - Fixed board stating they are unhappy with only receiving a low fee when the player is sold for a very large amount of money
    - Increased the chance of under-performing managers getting sacked at the end of the season

Competitions
    ============

Austria
    - Fixed amateur teams playing in Austrian FA Cup

Belarus
    - Updated league table sort order in Belarusian leagues

Belgium
    - Fixed replay match not taking place for the Belgian Third Division Champions playoff
    - Updated schedule for the Belgian Cup

Brazil
    - Updated São Paulo State Championship TV money
    - Updated Gaúcho State Championship, amount of relegated teams
    - Updated amount of relegated teams in Potiguar State Championship
    - Fixed strange prize money in State Leagues

China
    - Added missing draw rule for Chinese FA Cup
    - Points deduction for 3 Super League clubs

Colombia
    - Fixed best third placed teams that qualify for the second round of Colombian Cup getting group stage prize money

England
    - Added missing English Football League sorting rule, 'Results between Teams'

France
    - French Cup competition format if the winner isn't a Ligue 1 team

Finland
    - Fixed incorrect venue of the Finnish Cup final
    - Updated scheduling of Finnish Premier League and First Division
    - Updated Finnish League Cup schedule
    - Trial players can play in Finnish League Cup; maximum of 2 in match day squad
    - Improved league scheduling when national team qualify for major tournament

India
    - Fixed Indian Arrows being relegated fron National Football League

Inter Continental
    - Fixed Club World Championship issue when a Japanese Club wins the Asian Champions League and doesn't get entered and the game picks the best Japanese side instead.
    - Fixed incorrect minimum number of goalkeepers for Olympic squads
    - Stopped Suriname being enetered into the Central American Nations Cup when they shouldn't
    - Updated West Asian Football Championship schedule
    - Set Costa Rica as Central American Nations Cup hosts
    - Canadian Championship winners now represent Canada when hosting Club World Championship

Israel
    - Set loaned players in Israel can always play against their owning club from 2013/14 season onwards
    - Set loaned players in Israel can always play cup competitions
    - 9 points deduction for Hapoel Kfar-Saba

Italy
    - Points deduction updates

Malaysia
    - Fixed Malaysia FA Cup Sub Rules
    - Added Malaysian transfer windows

Mexico
    - Fixed "Team with best league record wins if scores are level" match rule not working for First Division Playoffs

Norway
    - Fixed up Norwegian Cup.

Poland
    - Tweaked Polish Ekstraklasa TV scheduling
    - Fixed 16th placed team in Ekstraklasa getting the same prize money as the league winners

Portugal
    - Fixed scheduling of Portuguese League Cup when using 2013 start date

Serbia
    - Fixed Serbian First League team in promotion/relegation playoff having senior players unavailable due to squad registration being in place for Super League.
    - Updated loan rules

Slovenia
    - Fixed incorrect Slovenian Cup Semi-Final and Final prize money

South Africa
    - Contracts below South African First Division are restricted to one year at a time

South America
    - Fixed scheduling of the Copa Libertadores group stage

South Korea
    - Added Promotion/Relegation Play-off between K-League and N-League from 2013

Spain
    - Fixed Super Cup clashing with international fixtures

Turkey
    - Fixed lack of TV coverage in Turkish Second Division

Ukraine
    - Fixed Ukraine Super Cup and League Fixture clashing with the Euros and World Cup

Wales
    - Added names of post split groups for the Premier League

Editor
    ======
    - Fixed editor crash when editing a Nation's Transfer Values where none were previously set
    - Improved assignment of teams to regional sub-divisions both at game start and in successive seasons
    - Improved in-game functionality of the "Seeded By Division Reputation" Seeding Rule
    - Fixed changing a non-player's staff role at a club would not being reflected in-game
    - Fixed an rare issue where edited Continental Cup could cause no Competitions to be displayed on the Continental Competitions screens
    - Enabled the editing of some Player contract clauses that weren't able to be set; removed two redundant MLS-specific clauses
    - Fixed an issue where a Competition’s End Date could potentially cause Promotion/Championship Playoffs to never fully schedule

Finances
    ========
    - Added specialist 26% tax rule for Denmark
    - Solidarity payments fee adjustment.
    - Fix for mls additional shirt sponsors.
    - Player wage fixes.
    - Turkish non-football and Other costs adjustments.
    - Scouting costs adjustments.
    - Max wage limit being prohibitive fix.
    - Staff wage fixes.
    - User awarded huge mid-season transfer budget for no reason fix.

Network
    =======
    - Fixed crash when attempting to connect to network game with custom media sources implemented
    - Fixed a host crash related to client leaving a network game during match
    - Fixed rare network crash during processing during early months of season
    - Fixed network crash related to looking at clubs stadium info
    - Fixed issue related to server occasionally coming up blank when searching for a friends network game

Player Happiness
    ================
    - Made players who have got too big for their club to more likely to ask to leave
    - Made players more likely to get unhappy when decent transfer bids are rejected
    - Fixed issues where players weren't fully acknowledging the managers attempts to keep a promise made to the player
    - Fixed AI managers not attempting to have conversations with their unhappy players
    - Stopped players who are set to finished their career at their current club from asking to be transfer listed
    - Fixed older players from asking to go on loan instead of asking to leave
    - Fixed players who are promised first team football not waiting until the mid-season break is over before complaining that the promise hasn't being kept
    - Fixed the player will not be taken off the transfer list if they request to stay at the club

Transfers & Contracts
    =====================
    - Improved non-player targetting and interest code
    - Fixed clubs going a long time without a new manager
    - Fixed a caretaker manager joining another team and causing their current team to go a long time without a manager
    - Fixed teams laughing off the users job application when they would offer them the job a few days later
    - Fixed human being offered the same managers job a few days after they rejected the original offer
    - Stopped youth international managers from taking club jobs at teams outside the region of their national team
    - Toned down the wage demands of some players
    - Fixed youngsters asking for excessive 'Wage After Reaching Club Career League Games' clauses
    - Fixed user being able to accept a bid on behalf of an AI side for a 50% offer of a co-owned player
    - Fixed user not being able to continue when offering contract to player whilst under embargo
    - Fixed player being released the day after being signed in a secret bid co-ownership decision

UI
    ==
    - General skin tweaks & polish
    - Disabled the coach chat section for players who are also non-players but don't currently have a non-playing job at the club
    - Fixed Juventus kit colours on tactics screen
    - Fixed graphical glitch on attribute bar charts
    - Fixed tactic familiarity bar being too affected by style & strategy changes
    - Fixed user being able to cancel international friendlies when not manager
    - Fixed instant continue game timout functionality

Advertisement