Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Anyone here have Avira Anti-Virus?
    For some reason, it keeps flagging that the game launch file for FM13 is contaminated and if I don't quarantine it, the game doesnt start. I can turn Avira off and it does start but I dont wanna have to do that all the time

But YAY for the update, will start a new season I suppose :D

kevap wrote: »
    Beat a team away from home 1 nil as Ireland manager today (not an easy achievement) & once back to the home screen post match...guess what..my first crash!! Like a demon now, not sure I could be bothered playing on. Especially if I lose the replayed match in a while - sickening!!

Aw, I feel your pain man. Never have I got a crash playing these games but they sure like to wait for really important games to do it :p Normally takes me a few days to replay the match after such a kick in the nuts. Won 2-1 second time around so go for it, you may win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just had my first crash. Was absolutely sick until I seem there is a new update. New game it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kevap

Yakult wrote: »
    Anyone here have Avira Anti-Virus?
    For some reason, it keeps flagging that the game launch file for FM13 is contaminated and if I don't quarantine it, the game doesnt start. I can turn Avira off and it does start but I dont wanna have to do that all the time

But YAY for the update, will start a new season I suppose :D

Aw, I feel your pain man. Never have I got a crash playing these games but they sure like to wait for really important games to do it :p Normally takes me a few days to replay the match after such a kick in the nuts. Won 2-1 second time around so go for it, you may win :D

I gave it a go in the end after & won again. 3 nil this time I think it was.
    Carried on into the season with my club I was managing...was after doing some intense scouting of international youth teams' players to find the next superstar, as well as searching for the best coaching staff out there..didn't save for about 90 minutes of this & guess what....yup, it crashed AGAIN!!
    Lost all the scouting info & staff I attempted to hire.
    My own fault in some ways for not learning my lesson, but the game needs some serious fixing.
    Still has the crossing bug.
    As well as players who just leave the ball go past them from throw ins & crosses with no effort to stop it - sickening!!
    Still can't stop playing the game though ha ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Started my new career (New patch new career of course :D) playing as Scotland, looks ok they have decent enough players and a very low expectation. Going to apply for club teams as well as I go along see how things go. Fletcher is injured at the start so he will liven up my team, Charlie Adam too.

Man Utd are on the verge of relegation in my current save & its only 2016....oh if only it were true lol.

• Advertisement

My team doesn't seem to be able to score even though they're having about 16 shots a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kevap wrote: »
    Man Utd are on the verge of relegation in my current save & its only 2016....oh if only it were true lol.

dominating England in mine, up to 2026. Foundation was laid by me winning the first 5 titles - and they have dominated with my group of players for rest of it - still most of the players I brought in or had at the time. I moved on to Milan and now Werder Bremen. Plan on going back to the PL one day and knocking them off their fcuking perch...:D

dominating England in mine, up to 2026. Foundation was laid by me winning the first 5 titles - and they have dominated with my group of players for rest of it - still most of the players I brought in or had at the time. I moved on to Milan and now Werder Bremen. Plan on going back to the PL one day and knocking them off their fcuking perch...:D

Ha ha! In 2019 nearly now myself. This game is all over the place. Utd survived in the end by goal difference, as did Everton by one goal. Utd bought Fierro & an Irish regen class winger the following season & came second. Arsenal nearly went down. Madness. Still getting crazy scorelines of 6 - 4 & the likes but the patches seem to have improved the game quite a bit. Players still seem unable to stop simple crosses too but other than that its turned out quite good..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anyone else having issues with contract negotiations? No matter what I offer, it seems that not a single negotiation will get completed unless I agree to almost exactly what's asked for first time around. That even goes for kids I'm giving their first pro contract to. Only noticed it lately, so I'm wondering if it's because I have a pretty large pot of money available this season. But whatever the reason, it's doing my head in.

Zaph wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with contract negotiations? No matter what I offer, it seems that not a single negotiation will get completed unless I agree to almost exactly what's asked for first time around. That even goes for kids I'm giving their first pro contract to. Only noticed it lately, so I'm wondering if it's because I have a pretty large pot of money available this season. But whatever the reason, it's doing my head in.

Actually, yes this has happened to me too. I have a 20 - 20 scout on 30k a week for example. Nearly every good prospect youth I have signed to their second contract as they reach 18 or 19 years old seem to ask for 30k plus. Very annoying alright. I'm currently spending nearly 4m per week on wages ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Zaph wrote: »

Just posted the exact same thing in the demented thread before reading this. Tried to pick up Mark Keane after he was released by Man Utd and he was demanding 8k per week to be a hot prospect, yet he signs for some League 2 team on 900 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lads, Quick tip on contract negociations , say a player is asking for 40k a week , you drop to 30k and he says 40 , offer him the 30k again and lock it (Ie that's all you will pay as basic) add in a couple of additions to sweeten the deal to make it up in performance based bonuses and he will will accept.

I've also found incentives work for players with high determinations , set them a target of divional team of the year bonus or 20 goals and watch how they improve.

I tried that and all of a sudden they want an annual increase of 20% instead of 10% and a loyalty bonus bigger than the club will pay, so either way I'd end up paying as much. Must try that with the seasonal incentives though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yeah, can depend on the agent as well , you can also try giving the agent a higher fee as a one off and lowering the players salary , can make them more likely to agree.

Never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

It breaks my heart to pay the agents, I always try to reduce their fee.

I had Ramsey from Arsenal force his way out. 2 years left on his contract and with Utd and Chelsea sniffing around he demands to go. I convince him to stay by telling him we would win the league within 2 seasons.

He would only accept a contract with a €16.5m release fee (Utd were reported to be willng to spend €35m on him) so I decided to wait a season. I finished second and offered him new contract. Again would only agree with a €16.5m release fee.

Rather than let him for go on a free in a season or €16.5m release, I offered him to clubs. Utd paid €42m for him.

I felt just like Arsene Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Omeceron wrote: »
    It breaks my heart to pay the agents, I always try to reduce their fee.

I had Ramsey from Arsenal force his way out. 2 years left on his contract and with Utd and Chelsea sniffing around he demands to go. I convince him to stay by telling him we would win the league within 2 seasons.

He would only accept a contract with a €16.5m release fee (Utd were reported to be willng to spend €35m on him) so I decided to wait a season. I finished second and offered him new contract. Again would only agree with a €16.5m release fee.

Rather than let him for go on a free in a season or €16.5m release, I offered him to clubs. Utd paid €42m for him.

I felt just like Arsene Wenger.

What did value did you offer him for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

was there an update for christmas transfers released recently? thought i saw it somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

El Spearo wrote: »
    was there an update for christmas transfers released recently? thought i saw it somewhere

Yes there was one around the start of March, its actually quite good as an all round one IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

excellent...might give that a down load now so...

• Advertisement

ispini1984 wrote: »
    What did value did you offer him for?

A cheeky €60m. Barca offered €40m and Utd €42m.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

for the sake of an extra 2 million would you not be better to sell to barca?

keep him out of the league

danniemcq wrote: »
    for the sake of an extra 2 million would you not be better to sell to barca?

keep him out of the league

Yep, I agree but my Director of Football didnt. It was the first big player that I offered to clubs and to be honest I didnt realise he would step in and do it.

Im still trying out the DOF option. Not to keen on it so far. He hasnt managed to get one player Ive asked him to, including young prospects for the team.

Anyone think it is a good option?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I think i have him only for youth, i handle all big transfers and first team players

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

DoF is handy to clear out players you don't want/need. Especially the ones that nobody seems to want either.

dulpit wrote: »
    DoF is handy to clear out players you don't want/need. Especially the ones that nobody seems to want either.

I have a little tip for you if you really want that extremely hot prospect desperately.
    The DOF is useless really for incomings so forget him.
    Make your usual "Approach to sign" effort.
    Offer him an acceptable offer.
    If he asks for 5k per week with 15% annual increase, offer 6k at 10%.
    Once he accepts your offer he may still choose to sign a pro contract for his club over your offer.
    The way to evade that is to now leave him think about your offer till the next day, then go to "change contract offer" & offer 7:5k per week still at 10% maybe with an extra 200 appearance fee & he should accept immediately after your next "continue" click.
    I know its not ideal to have to pay extra but this almost guarantees you don't miss out.
    The acceptance should be immediate, if not, offer more straight away again.
    Can only do this with one player at a time though so be careful if you want 2 or 3 more to not let negotiations drag too long with the first guy or you'll miss the others possibly.
    Try it & let me know.
    Doing this on regen dates ie March 13 for England is your best bet for this to work.
    I usually end up with 25 to 30 top prospects per season from this.
    They all are at least 3* potential according to my 20 - 20 scouts.
    Set them to scout the big nations constantly so their scout graph is constantly full.
    Then it only takes them a day to find the best players on regen dates.
    March is the main month for European wonderkids.
    A list of dates can be found if you Google search.
    Have fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

818d0397-5142-433d-88e8-1e83ae41dc14_zps97da9cf9.jpg

a3c7e871-1f0e-4b42-b9d5-60faca31434d_zps25c5535c.jpg

oh they had me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

haha i got the same thing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

was a good year :)

Advertisement