Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2013 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it possible for an injury to lower stats and ability of a player?

I had an AMC who was destroying other teams, and talked up for the Golden Boot. Then he gets a 4 month injury and when he comes back, the Backroom Advice team are telling me to lower his role to "No Longer Needed" and his current ability is down from 4 stars to 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I had an AMC who was destroying other teams, and talked up for the Golden Boot. Then he gets a 4 month injury and when he comes back, the Backroom Advice team are telling me to lower his role to "No Longer Needed" and his current ability is down from 4 stars to 2 :(

Sometimes there stats fall a small bit. get him back to full fitness and he shd be jsut as good. Unless hes getting on of course.

Only 22, and worth 20m Euro at the moment. He was worth 27m before the injury. Hopefully it all comes back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nolars wrote: »
    Sometimes there stats fall a small bit. get him back to full fitness and he shd be jsut as good. Unless hes getting on of course.

Your staff are only giving an opinion, they can be wrong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Only 22, and worth 20m Euro at the moment. He was worth 27m before the injury. Hopefully it all comes back :P

at 22 he still has time to regain stats lost. Wouldn't worry about it, just get him to full fitness again and with game time he will hopefully be the player he was before the injury.

If not, bring him out back and shoot him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,920 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I have had two players decimated by injury with noticeable decreases in stats. Both were worth 3-4 million and I ended up releasing them both on a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Have had it happen to me too, I kinda like it, feels kinda realistic, certain injuries do have very negative long term implications for players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

A player's stats will typically lower during a long injury but then recover given time. The big worry is if, on his return to full training, your physios tell you that his potential has been reduced as the result of an injury

I once paid €15m for a great young German MC (admittedly he was overpriced but I had the cash) only for a bad leg break to wipe out his first season and he never recovered. Was sold for €2m a few years later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Reekwind wrote: »
    A player's stats will typically lower during a long injury but then recover given time. The big worry is if, on his return to full training, your physios tell you that his potential has been reduced as the result of an injury

I once paid €15m for a great young German MC (admittedly he was overpriced but I had the cash) only for a bad leg break to wipe out his first season and he never recovered. Was sold for €2m a few years later

in my 2012 FM Messi missed the best part of two years with a cruciate and then a broken ankle. His contract expired, and he now plays with Aston Villa!

Did win the English Player of the Year a season later though I believe.

So I just hit year 9 in my Spurs game, and feel I'm in need of a new challange.

Wanted to start from the bottom and try and climb back up, but honestly, I don't know all that much about tactics, what sort of players to look for, etc. Most of my time, I buy good players and jam them into formation, which usually works :P

Anyone any tips though for someone who doesn't have experience with anything lower than PL teams? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So I just hit year 9 in my Spurs game, and feel I'm in need of a new challange.

Wanted to start from the bottom and try and climb back up, but honestly, I don't know all that much about tactics, what sort of players to look for, etc. Most of my time, I buy good players and jam them into formation, which usually works :P

Anyone any tips though for someone who doesn't have experience with anything lower than PL teams? :o

Get a good parent club. Loans & free transfers ftw.

I personally feel that you either tackle the league or a cup run, can be difficult to manage both (especially if you are semi-pro).

Manage your funds well, don't stock up on players you know you won't need.

Be ready to ship out players (even if they are loyal servants) when the time is right (to make money/space/etc)

Started a game with Basingstoke.

Asked for a parent club, and the board said they can't find one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Everytime I load the game it generates a whole host of fake names? Like Man United would have a whole lot of regens playing for them? How can I fix this?

When starting a new game make sure sure that the 'Use Real Player' option is selected. Otherwise you get a load of randomers. Which can be fun

Does anyone know how to remove Portsmouth from administration using the editor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Been playing FM for 20 years, FM11 being the last one until i bought 13 couple of weeks ago. Now I dont know what happened in 12 cause didn't buy it but Sigames have gone and broken it. It's silly. If I had goals/shots ratio of my opponents I'd win every game by 7-8 goals. But drawing or losing games you completely dominate gets a bit tiring after a while.

Now I realise that these things happen in football etc but not most games and with the regularity it happens in this. The new training sucks too. I am dissappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

anyone know the cheapest place to buy this at the moment?

Anyone think Football manager will be on the next gen consoles? Or is there any news out there about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    anyone know the cheapest place to buy this at the moment?

€25 on G2PLAY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone think Football manager will be on the next gen consoles? Or is there any news out there about it?

I would be very surprised if it is, the format never lent itself to console play at all.

• Advertisement

Football manager runs really slow on my laptop is there any way to make it run faster?

James__10 wrote: »
    Football manager runs really slow on my laptop is there any way to make it run faster?

If you do a clean install on your laptop and re-install FM it should give it a little boost. Also remember to save ur saved games.

What are ur laptop specs btw?

Tip: Don't save messages in your notebook. I found that that slowed my game riiiiiight down

If you do a clean install on your laptop and re-install FM it should give it a little boost. Also remember to save ur saved games.

What are ur laptop specs btw?

Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
    Graphics card: 2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
    Hard drive: 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    Office software: Microsoft(R) Office Starter 2010
    Primary battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    Display: 15.6" High Definition HP LED Brightview (1366x768)
    Primary optical drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
    Personalization: HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
    Networking: Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
    Keyboard: Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
    Memory card reader: Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader
    Accessible memory slots: 2
    Maximum Memory Expansion: 16GB
    Ports: 4 USB (2 USB 2.0 and 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0), HDMI, VGA
    Additional Ports: RJ-45
    Hard Drive Protection: HP ProtectSmart protects the hard drive & data
    Audio: Beats(TM) audio with quad speakers for superior sound
    EPEAT: Silver
    Adapter: 120W AC
    Dimensions: 37.8 (W) x 24.7 (D) x 3.52(H) (cm)
    Weight: 2.63 Kg +
    Network Card: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Reekwind wrote: »
    Tip: Don't save messages in your notebook. I found that that slowed my game riiiiiight down

How can I do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
    Graphics card: 2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
    Hard drive: 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    Office software: Microsoft(R) Office Starter 2010
    Primary battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    Display: 15.6" High Definition HP LED Brightview (1366x768)
    Primary optical drive: SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
    Personalization: HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
    Networking: Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
    Keyboard: Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
    Memory card reader: Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader
    Accessible memory slots: 2
    Maximum Memory Expansion: 16GB
    Ports: 4 USB (2 USB 2.0 and 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0), HDMI, VGA
    Additional Ports: RJ-45
    Hard Drive Protection: HP ProtectSmart protects the hard drive & data
    Audio: Beats(TM) audio with quad speakers for superior sound
    EPEAT: Silver
    Adapter: 120W AC
    Dimensions: 37.8 (W) x 24.7 (D) x 3.52(H) (cm)
    Weight: 2.63 Kg +
    Network Card: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)

Wow, i7, deddicated graphics and 4GB of mem. Should be flying!

Have you got every league loaded with large DB and a huge shortlist of players?
    What does FM say your performance should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Maybe you need more USB ports?

Ha.

In my Spurs game, I'm in 2024. Just been told they are expanding the stadium (named Hoddle Park :rolleyes: ) and that, in the mean time, I'll be playing my home games in Wembley for the year. :D

How can I do this?
    Go to the 'Notebook' tab on the Overview page and delete any messages that you may have saved. If that is the cause of your poor performance then you should see dramatic improvements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

FM13 is currently downloading, any suggestions who I should manage!?

Advertisement